thumb-b2096d00371411c08f6ccd3c2af10173-a_darker_peragus_redux_beforeafter2.jpg

File Name: A Darker Peragus REDUX

File Submitter: Malkior

File Submitted: 22 Oct 2015

File Category: Mods

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

Using the techniques pioneered by the great modder Canderis, I have created my own version of the Darker Peragus formula.

However, when working with the darker areas, I noticed that no matter what I did, all of the Plasteel Canisters and Footlockers were much too bright.

And so, with the help of my modding compatriots, I have darkened all of the placeable items in the Peragus, Peragus Spacewalk, and Harbinger portions to match the darker lightmaps.

To Install:
Choose from either the full REDUX (WIth all of my customized lightmaps), or from the compatibility option (For those using Canderis' A Darker Peragus mod)

(Note: There are two versions available to download. Use the A_Darker_Peragus_REDUX_TSLRCM if you have TSLRCM installed, and A_Darker_Peragus_REDUX_Vanilla if you don't)

To Uninstall:
1) Replace the .mod files in your Modules folder with the .mod files found in the Backup folder
created by the TSLPatcher,
2) Replace the placeables.2DA in your Override with the placeables.2DA from the Backup folder, and
3) Copy all of the TGA MDX and TXI files from the TSLPatchdata folder to your Override
(let them overwrite files if they’re already there), and then delete them all from it

Permissions: Please inform me if you would like to use this mod or its assets in your own projects.

Credits: Canderis for his permission in making a compatibility for his mod and for teaching me how to
edit lightmaps to darken levels with his own mod A Darker Peragus;
FairStrides for his endless insight, his BGR-RGB Converter,
and for packaging this mod’s install as well as walking me through the process,
LiliArch for her research into editing assets within the GIT
and teaching me what a ColorTweak variable is; Darth Sapiens for his resource Cubemap Pack to make the
Spacesuit snazzy; The rest of the Deadlystream community for their continued support and enthusiasm;
TK102’s KGFF for its easy to use interface and raw GIT editing power;
Fred Tetra for making KOTORTool which is still my favorite modding utility;
Adobe for their Photoshop; Obsidian for making KOTOR2 in the first place;
Bioware for starting the KOTOR craze in the first place;
and George Lucas for starting all of the Star Wars insanity.

Click here to download this file

Hey really cool work on the lightmaps, Malkior!

It is that kind of mods are desperately needed. I'm looking forward to your next projects. 

BTW, do you want to do more lightmap editing?

If so PM me, i can show you  an easy way to animate them - especially the darker, grittier areas of Taris, Nar Shaddaa etc. would benefit from it.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Great refresh of a great mod.

Even better is that it can be used in place of Canderis' mod or the effects on the placeables and whatnot (just not the lightmaps) can be added onto Canderis' mod. :P

I have an issue here.

When the Harbinger comes in to dock, there is no animation of the ship flying in and docking - it is just there, already docked. So I have to stare at a docked ship not-docking for about half a minute..

Using TSLRCM 1.8.4 + M478 1.2

also using the RoR playable humans for TSL mod.

Not an especially urgent issue, but an issue none the less..

Uninstalling this mod fixed the issue so I am certain it is this mod causing it. Not sure if it's due to an incompatibility or an error or whatever though.

Alright. I'm looking into it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Could be something with how the spacesuit model or texture is replaced.

It might be easier to switch the Jekk jekk tar spacesuit instead, since it doesn't use a mover object.

However, I don't know how changing an entirely unrelated module would gel with everyone.

Well, the way we applied the special spacesuit for this module was by editing the OnEnter script, but all I ever did was decompile it with DeNCS and then change the appearance.2da row referenced in the DisguiseEffect...

I'll just assume that's a sound and logical response since I have no idea what decompiling is... or compiling for that matter...

Oh and just to be clear on the exact problem - the cutscenes play properly and both the camera pan watching Sion and the one watching the ship coming in work fine. It's just that the ship is already docked.

i.e. it pretty much appears out of nowhere, fully docked after the second .bik movie and I get to stare at nothing happening until Kreia says 'He has come'.

To the best of my knowledge, there is a mover object (also called a dummy object) that the Harbinger model basically attaches to in order to move, and it appears to me that the model isn't attaching.

No idea why a movement is affected by the disguise effect on the suit, but the On-Enter script is quite likely to blame, since replacing it fixes the issue, so they are both connected to it.

I'm not sure it's an issue or just  false alarm, but when I try to install this mod for the first time (TSLRCM version) with full redux option.

The install log from TSLPatcher file say that it's unable to copying 101PER.mod, 103PER.mod, 105PER.mod, 106PER.mod, 151HAR.mod, 152HAR.mod and 153PER.mod, since those files already existed in module folder.

I have TSLRCM 1.8.4 version installed, and the only other mod that modify Peragus I use is Peragus Tweak. I try to test around a bit, but the error in install log has me worried. Should I be alarmed or there is nothing to worry about?

Thank you very much for the answer, kudos to you and Canderis. 

I'm not sure it's an issue or just  false alarm, but when I try to install this mod for the first time (TSLRCM version) with full redux option.

The install log from TSLPatcher file say that it's unable to copying 101PER.mod, 103PER.mod, 105PER.mod, 106PER.mod, 151HAR.mod, 152HAR.mod and 153PER.mod, since those files already existed in module folder.

I have TSLRCM 1.8.4 version installed, and the only other mod that modify Peragus I use is Peragus Tweak. I try to test around a bit, but the error in install log has me worried. Should I be alarmed or there is nothing to worry about?

Thank you very much for the answer, kudos to you and Canderis. 

Most likely nothing to worry about. I assume that those files would only need to be copied if they don't already exist. If they do, then those already existing will be modified and everything should be fine.

• Like 1

Most likely nothing to worry about. I assume that those files would only need to be copied if they don't already exist. If they do, then those already existing will be modified and everything should be fine.

I see, I'm quite new to KOTR modding but it's good that there's nothing to be worry about. :)

Thank you for your clarification.