Guest haviik

Requests

Hi there. I need some help with a mod that I downloaded here. It's the Revan's Jedi Robes mod. My game crashes as soon as I try to equip the Robe. I know what makes the game crash. It is the Disguise Entry of the Robe (it even says Error). http://postimg.org/image/9u3acmmv7/ . As soon as I delete this entry, it works but a wrong model is shown in the game. Now I'd like to know if someone knows what I have to put in the Disguise entry since I have no reference what the Entry could look like. I hope someone can give me a clue. :blush:

Hi there. I need some help with a mod that I downloaded here. It's the Revan's Jedi Robes mod. My game crashes as soon as I try to equip the Robe. I know what makes the game crash. It is the Disguise Entry of the Robe (it even says Error). http://postimg.org/image/9u3acmmv7/ . As soon as I delete this entry, it works but a wrong model is shown in the game. Now I'd like to know if someone knows what I have to put in the Disguise entry since I have no reference what the Entry could look like. I hope someone can give me a clue. :blush:

--Edit by Antonia --

Ok, I solved this.  The appearance.2da that's packed with the mod is indeed wrong. It's got all his custom content in it (a lot of it), but.. that's actually not the problem, and it will probably work as-is if you do NOT have a modified appearance.2da already.  It DOES modify an existing one properly, adding just one row at the bottom.

What it does NOT do is use the memory token to dynamically install the uti file for the robe.  (jedirevan_robes.uti)  Nemesis said once we fixed that, everything else seemed ok, but I didn't look at all the other items and whatnot, so I can't vouch personally.

But to fix the problem, pull up Kotor Tool, load GFF files, load jedirevan_robes.uti, then look at the properties tab.  Highlight the row that says "disguise" in it and hit the DEL (delete) key.  Now double click at the bottom row where the * is to add a NEW property.

Oh, Kotor Tool needs (in settings) to be told to look for 2da files in the override folder.  Derp.  If that's not set on already, turn it on, quit Kotor Tool and start it again.

NOW add the new property, pick type Disguise (should be the bottom entry, or close to it) and then pick what SHOULD be the bottom entry in the sub-type list.  Will be something about Revan_Armor (forget exactly right this minute).

Any other issues, PM me. I'll see what I can do.

/Edit

I think what happened is your appearance.2da didn't get properly updated.

If the item is applying a disguise, it then looks for a "subtype"  Usually, that "Error" result is when it's out of range (too high a number) for the table.

Lemme take a look at the mod and see what's going on, but do you have a plain GFF editor?  (KGFF or something similar)  If so, load up the item template file (jedirevan_robes.uti) and see what number it wants for the disguise sub-type.  If that number is higher than your last row in appearance.2da, then that's the problem.

PM me if you like.. I'm sure we can sort this out.

-Kitt

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/486-tor-armored-robes/

Can I get those redone for K1 robes? Just as a replacement?

Ok, who'd like to help me here? Like Lucy, I feel the K1 robes are.. sad.

Someone with some modeling experience.. please. Lend me a hand. You provide the models, I'll do everything else. Otherwise, I'd have to do something very ugly, which is un-good. ;)

I DO intend to learn 3ds/MDLOps one day, but.. probably not today. :P

-Kitt

You'd need permission from RyuzakiPwn first, unless his read-me says otherwise.

And I haven't checked the mod, but it seems to just be textures, so there could be porting concerns if the files (or something with the same UVMapping really...) aren't in KotOR 1. And depending on the model/mapping, you could need to re-UVMap some K1 models to fit the texture.

And I haven't checked the mod, but it seems to just be textures, so there could be porting concerns if the files (or something with the same UVMapping really...) aren't in KotOR 1. And depending on the model/mapping, you could need to re-UVMap some K1 models to fit the texture.

I've PM'd him on the matter, so I guess we'll see. 

I kinda figured all of the above would be concerns, thus I was asking for someone who could model. Figured maybe we could do something custom. ;)

-Kitt

Ryuzakipwn has given his permission, his 2:0 version isn't for K1. All he requires is a mention of him and his original modification. 

Anyone aware of a revan mask mod for K2 that would be compatible with TSLCRM? If not I'd like to put in that request!

Is there any kind of mod that allows you to repeat some of Bao-Dur's conversations (but still be able to make him a Jedi)? I'm tired of just seeing "Nevermind" whenever I want to talk to him. 

Can anyone do a mod that improves AI (primarily - concerning usage of force and strikes/shots) for kotor 1? I had seen only version for tsl.