Jorak Uln

Loading Screens Overhaul

Those look great, SH. Would the logo look better with a bottom line, I wonder? It's OK without for the KotOR I version, IMO, but something just looks slighlty off to me about the TSL one, and I think it has to do with the lines under the words.

ETA: Jorak, I know it's not quite following your TOR inspiration, but as a suggestion for a different tack, why not try doing something animated, maybe based on the Mass Effect 2 loading screens?

e.g.:

maxresdefault.jpg

Just a thought.

More practically, one simple alteration that could be made to the K1 loading screen would be to overlay a grid on the loading bar. I'm not sure how much .gui editing that would require, but it might help to freshen up the look of the thing.

Those look great, SH. Would the logo look better with a bottom line, I wonder? It's OK without for the KotOR I version, IMO, but something just looks slightly off to me about the TSL one, and I think it has to do with the lines under the words.

Well, is this version better then?  Added a line - and changed it to the color closer to the (non Star Wars logo) script.  I also downsized the SW logo itself.

Jorak%20Uln%20-%20KOTOR2%20Logo%20Take%2

• Like 1

Well, is this version better then?  Added a line - and changed it to the color closer to the (non Star Wars logo) script.  I also downsized the SW logo itself.

I think previous version (with the bigger SW logo) is more eye catching. 

@Insidious: 

Thanks for the input. Ive thought about a ME2 version, and maybe that statement shouldn't come from me - but it's a Star Wars Game. The purpose of the whole project is to enhance the vanilla feel while staying true to the SW Universe.

And it's meant to be an Add-On for my Complete Overhaul series, which is SWTOR and Movie oriented.

What grid for the loading bar do you mean exactly? You know, its already different from the vanilla game...

@Eauxpas I. Fourgott: 

The mod will be modular, e.g. various option including different logos to cover the different visions here. 

Out of curiosity - and of course you can do what you like - but why do you want to skip the mod? Only due to the vanilla logo?

I like it better without the line underneath, personally.

@Eauxpas I. Fourgott: 

The mod will be modular, e.g. various option including different logos to cover the different visions here. 

Out of curiosity, - and of course you can do what you like - but why do you want to skip the mod? Only due to the vanilla logo?

I'd have to see what the final product was. Really, it would just be a matter of whether I liked the look of it or not. I don't really care for other graphics overhauls (just personal taste), but if I think this one looks good, I'll go for it.

I've been doing many landscape screenshots for my skybox project and while doing that I've been thinking that they'd make great loading screens.

So as a new recommendation I'd use your template as seen in your first post (maybe with black background instead of that map-like background as seen in TOR) but then simply add in unedited screenshots from those areas. Maybe add a few holographic lines but I'm not sure if those are necessary.

It'd look somewhat like this probably and I quite like this look.

• Like 1

I've been doing many landscape screenshots for my skybox project and while doing that I've been thinking that they'd make great loading screens.

So as a new recommendation I'd use your template as seen in your first post (maybe with black background instead of that map-like background as seen in TOR) but then simply add in unedited screenshots from those areas. Maybe add a few holographic lines but I'm not sure if those are necessary.

It'd look somewhat like this probably and I quite like this look.

Thats a great idea. It would save a lot of time too.

Note, that the screens are only possible in the small size i posted above.

PM me about it.   

i like this, it is pretty well balanced. the star wars part of it is not too loud in this size, and the eye is drawn toward the title of the actual game. i think for the sith lords the lettering could be a bit smaller to underscore the game series, and it can have a line under it as long as that line is the same width as the secondary title. logos are about subtlety, done right they are eye catching.

if you are not sure, then try looking up non star wars logos to see what works well and get some ideas from those.

didnt realize it was dead. last post was in march. not really that necro unless the mod is already done.