Sign in to follow this  
B2Veil

Adding to the Override folder of TSL sometimes causes a crash in game

I have recently started adding mods to my KotOR TSL game (beyond RCM which I've had for some time). I initially jumped in without reading into it and completely FUBAR'd my game, so I restored local content and created a backup of this once I confirmed it was working fine again.

I then took it slowly, and found that the first few mods I integrated used the TSL patcher, and upon testing the game was fine. I created an updated backup of the game at a working point with the mods I had so far installed.*

I then went ahead and installed some more mods, some of these explained that they just needed to be dropped into the override folder, which I did with no conflicts in file names. When I loaded the game again, it crashed as soon as I went through a loading door to a new area. (When this happens it boots me back to the title screen and the buttons are unresponsive, I then have to end the process through task manager). If I remove just the files I had added for the mod and load the game again, the issue remains. I then have to delete all the items out of the SWKotOR 2 folder and paste in a copy of the backup for this to work. (Even though the files are exactly the same as if I had removed the mod out myself)

This, I have found, only occurs with some files, such as a vibrosword reskin mod and an enhanced beams reskin mod. However other mods such as BaoDur's repulsor reskin also add to the override and cause no issues. 

Is there a reason for this?

*BaoDur's Electromesh Armor 2.0

BaoDur's repuslor reskin

Aliens redetailed

Thanks in advance

You should really add your mods to the TSRLCM override folder rather than the base game override folder then.

I wasn't aware there was one, there's just the one override folder in my kotor 2 folder and I assumed that was the only one

Just an FYI this has worked now, installing the games to my Steam\SteamApps\Workshop\content\208580\485537937 folder has implemented the mods successfully with no crashes.