Guibaesa

UI Widescreen Fix Issues

About the re-released KotOR 2, i would like you all to know that the UI fix for widescreen is no longer working properly. This new version of the game comes with his own widescreen support that unfortunately breaks the mod.

Right now, im forced to play with that horrible gigantic UI, these or I would have to use a mod that is broken.

If someone could fix it would be very grateful.

For thouse that arnt fammiliar with it, the mod is this: "Widescreen UI Fix for Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords 3.0"

This is how it looks now:

post-15545-0-72909600-1442862537_thumb.png

post-15545-0-24520600-1442862587_thumb.png

Already did it, just posting here to be sure. XD

So... You opened a thread for an issue, said "Hey, someone fix this"... and you already had it fixed before you even opened the thread?

I didn't fix it, i said that i already send a PM to the author in the page of his mod. This thread is for anyone that have knowledge of how to fix it beside him to know of the issue an take a look on it, to see if it cam be fixed.

BTW, sorry for the confusion... :blush:

There is nothing to "fix". You installed a mod that is designed to provide a WS experience for people who have a version of the game that does not offer native WS support (i.e. anyone who bought this game in the 10+ years before Aspyre pushed the update). Your game already has WS. Trying to apply a non-native WS UI to a game that already has a WS UI is what caused your game to "look really weird".

Also, you did not PM the author (me). You reported the mod broken (it isn't) and posted something to the comments (presumably not stopping to read the one where I said that this mod was obsolete for people with newer versions of the game). Not the same thing.

I'm really sorry for all the confusion :blush:. I just wanted you to know that the mod was not working properly. Ask for been obsolete, thanks for the clarification, is just that with these new steam version they forgot to fix the UI of the game, and now i have to play the game with this gigantic and horrible UI.

You did a wonderful job with the old version of the game. I'm just asking you if you could do the same thing with these new version, that is all.

Thanks anyway.  (I'm very new in this thing :blush:. I even didn't know what PM means, i thought it meant to report mod malfunction DX. Really sorry).

The mod *is* working properly. It's not working with your version of the game because your version of the game a) didn't exist when the mod was created and b )allegedly doesn't require a UI tweak to achieve widescreen.

I do not have the new version of the game (I may decide that I need to have a third version of it at some point in the future, but for now, two is good), so I've been unable to confirm this for myself, however I did ask around after Aspyre released their version and the people I spoke with said that the native WS support included a properly scaled UI. Maybe those people lied to me, but I'm not sure why they would. If you don't like what they did, I sympathize, but I'm not sure I'll be able to help.

I appreciate the compliment and am glad that you liked how the mod looked in the previous editions of TSL. However, I have no way of knowing how Aspyre implemented their WS UI. Best case scenario is that they did it exactly how Obsidian did. That means I would have to 1) buy the game, 2) stop playing what I'm playing now, 3) devote dozens of hours to mock-ups, trial-and-error testing, etc in order to get it working. Oh and find someone with a 16:9 monitor willing to stop what they are doing, help me test, send me screenshots so that I can see what they see, etc. Worst case scenario is that they did it some completely different way and I would have to spend lots of time figuring out what that was, before doing all the other things I mentioned above.

Shorter version: thanks but no thanks. I was happy to make that slog once before, but not entirely convinced I want to go through all that ever again.

Lastly, PM = Private Message.

Sorry that I didn't have the answer you were hoping for. Good luck with TSL. If you're playing it for the first time, it's a fantastic game. :D

Just a head up to say the mod is not broken but the download link actually is, as the time being. I decided to make a full reinstall of the game and I couldn't dl this particuliar mod.

The minimap is OK, the problem is the other ones, especially the one in the bottom left, apart from been too big the text boxes are completely displaced, they show up almost at the center of the screen, i could not take a screen capture of it, sorry.

Besides, as you can see from the picture i posted, the target box is also very big. Man, i miss the old UI, it was much mor cleaner than this one.

I only hope someone could fix this, post it here or in the workshop on Steam.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about with 'displaced text boxes'... all looks the same as vanilla.

Yeah, the mini-map is slightly more blurry but that's the only thing I see being wrong?

I mean, you do realize that the GUI was resized on widescreen to be closer in aspect-ratio/size to a conventional fullscreen, right?

That way you didn't have pieces as tiny as your pinky nail when on 1920x1080...

I mean that when you put the mouse up in the saber style icon, the mine selection, the implant selection, the text box that appears in each one of these are not where they should be. Instead of been right on the top of the button you are using, the text box seems to appear in an incorrect way. Or is that wat is suposed to happen?

post-15545-0-49946100-1443121742_thumb.jpg

post-15545-0-09490700-1443121745_thumb.jpg

Now I see what you mean, and yeah, same here... I'll pass it on to Aspyr (Though it might already be fixed or too late to be fixed :/)

Now I see what you mean, and yeah, same here... I'll pass it on to Aspyr (Though it might already be fixed or too late to be fixed :/)

I thought Aspyr were planning on releasing more patches for the game... or did I missread what they said (if i recall, they were planning on two more patches)