Jorak Uln

NEW Gameplay mechanics (via feats)

Hi guys, 

what you read in the following could be the beginning of a total new combat style, further i could imagine new enemies given some of these feats...

per accident i stumbled across this thread at LF (first post!)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=208462

it looks sensational, including new dropping system, very cool new feats, but Tamer Bill isnt at LF anymore, so i wanted to ask around if someone has contact to him - and, even better - wants to 

work further on his mod.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

I was done with KotOR modding, but I was coaxed out of retirement by TSL's Steam release. The latest version of the Content Pack is the TSL version which can be found on Steam, on the Nexus, and on here when I get around to it. This is the mod I'm currently actively updating. I'll probably go back and bring the K1 version up to speed once I'm happy with this one. Don't get too excited about overhauling the combat system, though, a lot of it is hard-coded.

As for the loot overhaul, that's a series of mods I really like, I think it's a significant improvement to the game, but... finishing it is super boring. The game's really not set up for it, you see, so I have to manually script workarounds for every single enemy with a weapon. It's done up to the end of Taris, and that's where I lost interest like three years ago.

• Like 2

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

I was done with KotOR modding, but I was coaxed out of retirement by TSL's Steam release. The latest version of the Content Pack is the TSL version which can be found on Steam, on the Nexus, and on here when I get around to it. This is the mod I'm currently actively updating. I'll probably go back and bring the K1 version up to speed once I'm happy with this one. Don't get too excited about overhauling the combat system, though, a lot of it is hard-coded.

As for the loot overhaul, that's a series of mods I really like, I think it's a significant improvement to the game, but... finishing it is super boring. The game's really not set up for it, you see, so I have to manually script workarounds for every single enemy with a weapon. It's done up to the end of Taris, and that's where I lost interest like three years ago.

Thats great news! 

Btw, ive sent you a PM at Nexus but since your here, its easier anyway.

About the feat mod ive 2 ideas:

The shield system in Kotor is basically Bonus-Hitpoints and unimmersive.

What id like to see is a shield system similar to Mass Effect:

Would it be possible to give shields a certain amount of hitpoints and the ability to auto - regenerate? 

-> means: if the shield has 50 HP and regenerates in 5 sec. 

So if an enemy does 60 dmg in 4 sec. it breaks but when it takes more than 5 sec. the shield holds.

Could the shield regeneration be done by using the hitpoint regeneration feat?

Additionaly, you might implement a bonus talent to explode shields when down, with a chance to stun opponents for 1 round. And make shields only accessable for soldier class.

That could make trooper enemies also much more interesting...

The second idea i had for quite a while is to do sth. similar like the Neverwinter Nights talent "Automatic Quicken Spell" which eclipses the one round waiting after an attack. 

It could be found in the earlier KSE editor versions as well.

Im not sure if its possible, but it would be amazing if it could be implemented/simulated by shortening the waiting time after an attack round...

WIth it we could enjoy real time fights...

What id like to see is a shield system similar to Mass Effect:

Would it be possible to give shields a certain amount of hitpoints and the ability to auto - regenerate? 

-> means: if the shield has 50 HP and regenerates in 5 sec. 

So if an enemy does 60 dmg in 4 sec. it breaks but when it takes more than 5 sec. the shield holds.

Could the shield regeneration be done by using the hitpoint regeneration feat?

Hah, the Shield Boost feats and Shutdown/Overload were actually based on Mass Effect ideas. Unfortunately, what you're describing would be, well, not impossible but a very big deal. Far beyond the scope of this project.

Additionaly, you might implement a bonus talent to explode shields when down, with a chance to stun opponents for 1 round. And make shields only accessable for soldier class.

That could make trooper enemies also much more interesting...

There's no script hook for when a shield goes down, so nothing fun can happen there. One could do a feat that explodes active shields and brings them down, but that's too similar to Shield Breaker and Shutdown/Overload. Restricting shields to Soldiers is something anyone can do though, just go through each one in KotOR Tool and slap Class Restriction: Soldier on them, piece of cake.

The second idea i had for quite a while is to do sth. similar like the Neverwinter Nights talent "Automatic Quicken Spell" which eclipses the one round waiting after an attack. 

It could be found in the earlier KSE editor versions as well.

Im not sure if its possible, but it would be amazing if it could be implemented/simulated by shortening the waiting time after an attack round...

WIth it we could enjoy real time fights...

That one's entirely impossible, though. The basic flow of combat is not something anyone can mess with.

My question is: Are the DCs on the Flash bang line modified  by Demolition with the wrist launcher like the normal grenades are?

I don't think that's actually a thing. Grenades work exactly the same whether they're thrown or wrist launched.

Hah, the Shield Boost feats and Shutdown/Overload were actually based on Mass Effect ideas. Unfortunately, what you're describing would be, well, not impossible but a very big deal. Far beyond the scope of this project.

There are some very talented scripters here. I think Fair Strides could get it done.

I also think the new abilities could get new visual effects...

if its possible to just use the existing ones and modify the textures (e.g. vanilla lightning = blue; new ability = green lightning etc...)

then i could help you out doing new effects... - to see what i have in mind, you might take a look at my Complete Effects overhaul.

Another thing, when looking at your LF post, the Supply and Demand module sounds interesting...

even more, if you implement some of the bigger mods like VarsityPuppets Duplisaber Mod.

It would be cool not to have to "cheat" these items via workbench but to buy them for horrendous prices at the black market ;)

There are some very talented scripters here. I think Fair Strides could get it done.

I also think the new abilities could get new visual effects...

if its possible to just use the existing ones and modify the textures (e.g. vanilla lightning = blue; new ability = green lightning etc...)

then i could help you out doing new effects... - to see what i have in mind, you might take a look at my Complete Effects overhaul.

Another thing, when looking at your LF post, the Supply and Demand module sounds interesting...

even more, if you implement some of the bigger mods like VarsityPuppets Duplisaber Mod.

It would be cool not to have to "cheat" these items via workbench but to buy them for horrendous prices at the black market ;)

Well, I can think of a way to make it work, but it would depend on whether my interpretation of the game's engine is accurate... But that doesn't mean I'd be doing it.

As for finding it in KSE, possibly try checking the "Show hidden feats/powers" box?

And new effects are possible, though I'm not sure about animated ones (might have to animate the texture and not the model).

I don't think that's actually a thing. Grenades work exactly the same whether they're thrown or wrist launched.

I've been testing, and with just TSLRCM and the droid planet installed equipping the wrist launcher adds (as best as I can determine) most, if not all of you demolition score to the dc of stun and sonic grenades and it seems to partly modify the damage as well on most grenades. I can get damage over 50 on a sonic grenade by the end of Telos and a DC 45 (that is 3x) stun if I focus on raising my demo score.

Well, I can think of a way to make it work, but it would depend on whether my interpretation of the game's engine is accurate... But that doesn't mean I'd be doing it.

As for finding it in KSE, possibly try checking the "Show hidden feats/powers" box?

And new effects are possible, though I'm not sure about animated ones (might have to animate the texture and not the model).

Certainly shield regeneration would be great, and even better if combined with a shield bar above/near enemies health bar...

Soldiers would feel unique and different to other opponents.

Personally i'd love to see it ingame and am curious which way do you mean?

About the new effects, i simply had in mind to simply replace the textures without animations. 

I've been testing, and with just TSLRCM and the droid planet installed equipping the wrist launcher adds (as best as I can determine) most, if not all of you demolition score to the dc of stun and sonic grenades and it seems to partly modify the damage as well on most grenades. I can get damage over 50 on a sonic grenade by the end of Telos and a DC 45 (that is 3x) stun if I focus on raising my demo score.

That's definitely not base-game behaviour. I have the script in front of me now, Demolitions isn't even mentioned. You must have a mod editing k_sup_grenade.ncs to add that effect because I can't reproduce it at all.

That's definitely not base-game behaviour. I have the script in front of me now, Demolitions isn't even mentioned. You must have a mod editing k_sup_grenade.ncs to add that effect because I can't reproduce it at all.

That's what I suspected, but please check this thread for our discussions:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3637-wrist-launcher/

just checked. i do have one k_sup_grenade.ncs from Modified Combat AI For High Level Force Powers. Forgot about it, but the only thing that says it changes with grenades is that Mira launches them in ranged AI...surly that wouldn't change the core functions of grenades buy adding a conditional modifier to them, would it?

just checked. i do have one k_sup_grenade.ncs from Modified Combat AI For High Level Force Powers. Forgot about it, but the only thing that says it changes with grenades is that Mira launches them in ranged AI...surly that wouldn't change the core functions of grenades buy adding a conditional modifier to them, would it?

Yup, that's the culprit. He's added in checks for the wrist launcher to add her Demolitions rank straight onto the damage and DC. Probably a modification made for personal use that he forgot was present when he made the AI bits.

Yes, that file determines the behaviour of every grenade. Flashbang, Extra Kick and Shrapnel Burst won't function without my version of k_sup_grenade.ncs.