Kexikus

[WIP] Recruit Dark Side Juhani

ahah This is great!! Have you thought about the DS ending yet? When she says, "don't follow this dark path.. blah blah blah jedi are nicer be them." Mabye change that dialogue too!?  So it would be like Juhani +bastila+revan against poor old Jolee Bindo?? AHAHAH He'd be screwed!

Sith Holocron is right. I need to make sure every line is final before contacting actors since there will be many many lines and this requires me to write them and have them tested by several people first. And this will take at least a few months. But once I'm there I might come back to your suggestions :)

@jc2: Yes, both the DS and the LS ending have new outcomes depending on Juhanis stance. I did all the necessary scenes and from this point of view the mod is done. For more on what's left to be done read this post.

• Like 1

Still hyped! Would this mod be compatible with other Juhani reskins? I'm not a huge fan of Juhani reskins but there is one I like. 

Chainz.2da has a mod on this site called Juhani's Dark Robe, which looks beautiful and would be nice to have along with this one.

Could it be compatible? Do they replace each other? 

Link to mod http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/88-juhanis-dark-robe/ 

I don't know. Depends on how his mod works. If it edits Juhanis line in the 2da file it should work, if it edits Juhanis .utc files it won't.

Confirmed.

I have a copy here, and it uses UTC files and doesn't use the TSLPatcher.

So, it probably isn't compatible.

Confirmed.

I have a copy here, and it uses UTC files and doesn't use the TSLPatcher.

So, it probably isn't compatible.

Okay thanks. I'll take this mod over that one any day. No offense to the modder of the Dark Juhani Robe. 

It's been a while but I finally continued working on this mod :D

No major advances yet, but I wrote the general outline for dark side Juhani's party member dialog. It's basically the same as the original Juhani dialog with a few additions for new possible situations. Here's a screenshot, maybe you can spot some hints of what you can expect (although I made the spoiler parts unreadable ;) )

post-12766-0-32649900-1477225912_thumb.jpg

Now I just need to write all of that stuff... And to make things more interesting I will also implement a system that will adapt Juhanis reactions to how far she has fallen to the dark side. Technically that's no problem but it will make writing the dialog even more complicated.

That's it for now. Not much, I know, but I wanted to let you know that I'm back working on this mod.

• Like 2

This sounds awesome. It would be cool to have a dark side Jedi in the crew. As it is, my ds Revan mostly tends to have Canderous and HK47 as his party.

Not really :(

I did get some dialog done, but then I ended up focusing on the TSL Backdrops to get those out of the way. But now that they are, I intend to focus on getting this done.

Thanks for your interest :)

Hey Kexikus, thanks for the awesome work on this mod (and all the others). I know you're incredibly busy, but do you have an outline of the release date for the mod or is just going to happen when it happens? 

Thanks for all the hard work!

It's done when it's done, yes. I'm making good progress to having the mod in a fully playable state but even then it will still take a while for it to be actually done, so no promises on release dates.

Ha, I figured. I just know some modders take the attitude "I will have it out by X date or I will kill myself" and others take the attitude "It's a labor of love and I will take the time that I need for it." 

Once again, thanks for all the hard work

Time for another post to update you on what's going on (it's not much).

I've been writing Juhanis companion dialog and while it's going slow I'm nearing completion. If I learned one thing though it's that I don't really enjoy writing so much dialog at once...

Anyway, I also need some more opinions on certain things:

1. I'd love to give the player the option to train Juhani as a Sith while on the Ebon Hawk. Ideally this would be available every few levels, give the player a choice what he/she wants Juhani to learn, then play a cutscene and give Juhani that feat/spell/stat boost/whatever. Most of that is no problem but since this is K1 I have absolutely NO way of giving a character spells/force powers with scripts and I can only give feats with hidden items meaning that you can't get the next level of that feat without actually skilling the one given through the training on level up. This means that I can basically only give stat boosts which is not quite what I want but I think I'll go with it. The question is now: Should I make certain feats available this way too? Or are there any feats that Juhani can not get on level up that could be used here? Any opinion is very welcome :)

2. As you probably know Juhani thinks she killed her master when you first meet her. If you manage to convince her to return to the light you can later talk to her and she'll tell you that master Quatra didn't actually die. But if you pursue the dark side option in my mod Juhani will never learn of that fact. I think though that it would make a very nice character builing conversation if the player could learn about it and then tell Juhani. The problem is that the player doesn't learn this except from that one conversation with Juhani when you redeem her. So my question now is if anyone has any good idea on how I could let the player learn of this fact. Since this isn't really important I'd rather not have any complicated solutions like making a new head for master Quatra and having her appear in the Enclave at some point (although that would be kinda cool it'd introduce more problems and would also be too much work). So if you have suggestions please let me know.

And finally an announcement: Once the dialog is done I will need to refine it before I can get to the voice acting. Among other tests this would ideally include someone who's better than me at character and dialog writing going over all of it and helping me improve it. If you think you're good at this and also know how to edit .dlg files, send me a PM and maybe we can work together on this. Note though that I want to go over the dialog myself before I send it to you and I need to write all of it first so it will take a while since this proofreading actually starts.

• Like 1

I could have sworn one of the Jedi masters made a passing reference to Quatra but I could be mistaken. Glad to hear you're still going at this, best of luck.

I really like the idea of being able to train her :-)

You could do it with some special items just for her (make a requirement that only characters with force camouflage feat can equit it) and just add stats/feats on those items. I'd suggest using an arm slot, because I doubt there is anyone who uses 2 energy shields on those. Other cool option might be a robe but then you would probably want a unique skin for it and that just adds more work.

Another idea that could fit into that "training" concept might be increasing her dark side alignment. Honestly, I don't know if that's even possible because I have never tried modding myself but it would be kind of cool to see her go further to the dark side after each training session and that would definitely make it seem that you are teaching her the way of the sith :-)

Now about that whole "Quatra is dead" conversation... I don't really have any interesting ideas. Maybe just adding some dialogue options about it to one of existing characters. I think there's a jedi named Belaya in the enclave on Dantooine who is supposed to be Juhani's friend so maybe just make it so you can ask her about Quatra.

I hope that I helped. Sorry for the long post and keep up the good work ;-)

I really like the idea of being able to train her :-)

You could do it with some special items just for her (make a requirement that only characters with force camouflage feat can equit it) and just add stats/feats on those items. I'd suggest using an arm slot, because I doubt there is anyone who uses 2 energy shields on those. Other cool option might be a robe but then you would probably want a unique skin for it and that just adds more work.

Another idea that could fit into that "training" concept might be increasing her dark side alignment. Honestly, I don't know if that's even possible because I have never tried modding myself but it would be kind of cool to see her go further to the dark side after each training session and that would definitely make it seem that you are teaching her the way of the sith :-)

Now about that whole "Quatra is dead" conversation... I don't really have any interesting ideas. Maybe just adding some dialogue options about it to one of existing characters. I think there's a jedi named Belaya in the enclave on Dantooine who is supposed to be Juhani's friend so maybe just make it so you can ask her about Quatra.

I hope that I helped. Sorry for the long post and keep up the good work ;-)

The items would be creature items (= hidden items that the player cannot access) anyway so that's not the problem. The issue is simply that I cannot give force powers with those and feats given with items won't show up as acquired feats in the level up screen. The alignment shift is a very good idea but that'd conflict with another system in this mod so I'm afraid I can't use this :(

And the problem with adding dialog options to existing characters is that I need to get voice overs for those and they have to sound like the original character. If that weren't the case I'd simply add the dialog to one of the Council members.

@superSzym: You'll see when the mod is done :)

Then, how about adding dialogue options to one of the characters who speak any kind of alien language? In that case you wouldn't need a voice over. Maybe master Zhar?

And for the feats, maybe you could do something like this - after first training you get item with rank 1 of desired feat. After next training you will get item with both rank 1 and rank 2 of that feat, and then, after the third training, an item with all 3 ranks.

The items would be creature items (= hidden items that the player cannot access) anyway so that's not the problem. The issue is simply that I cannot give force powers with those and feats given with items won't show up as acquired feats in the level up screen. The alignment shift is a very good idea but that'd conflict with another system in this mod so I'm afraid I can't use this :(

And the problem with adding dialog options to existing characters is that I need to get voice overs for those and they have to sound like the original character. If that weren't the case I'd simply add the dialog to one of the Council members.

@superSzym: You'll see when the mod is done :)

I think you could make Quatra appear in the spaceport section after Xor's death, give her a new head and new voiceovers. It would be really nice.

Maybe some different options what to do with Quatra? I mean, it would be awesome if you could kill her yourself, leave her alive (if you're planning some redemption opportunities for Juhani, it'd be a good one) or make Juhani kill her and fulfill her path to the dark side.

Have you tried using a script based on TSL ones for a Force power? I think there's a possibility it could work. If it won't, I think training her isn't necessary, as you can't train her in any way if you're on a light side.

I really look forward to this mod, maybe you could give us another video or at least screenshots of some conversations that differ from their light side counterpart?

I think you could make Quatra appear in the spaceport section after Xor's death, give her a new head and new voiceovers. It would be really nice.

Maybe some different options what to do with Quatra? I mean, it would be awesome if you could kill her yourself, leave her alive (if you're planning some redemption opportunities for Juhani, it'd be a good one) or make Juhani kill her and fulfill her path to the dark side.

Have you tried using a script based on TSL ones for a Force power? I think there's a possibility it could work. If it won't, I think training her isn't necessary, as you can't train her in any way if you're on a light side.

I really look forward to this mod, maybe you could give us another video or at least screenshots of some conversations that differ from their light side counterpart?

I thought of having Quatra as the "messenger" that appears for Dark Side Juhanis companion quest. In that case I would replace the Xor quest with Quatras appearance but in the end that would cause too many issues. The first would be that the Jedi don't know that Juhani is your apprentice. Instead they believe that she's dead so Quatra would probably not search for Juhani. And if she did, the rest of the Jedi would probably know about it so if she were to die in that encounter the Council would probably learn of her death. And I can't really have the player character openly kill a Jedi since the story needs him/her to work with the Council later.

Writing that though I once again feel like I really want to have that encounter... Having two companion quests for her would be weird though and I don't want to loose the Xor encounter. Also there are the aforementioned problems. Still... I'll think about it.

For the force powers: The problem is simply that TSL has functions to give feats and spells and K1 does not. So there is no way to do it that easy.

And I'll think about the screenshots. Videos I won't do since I don't want to spoil the "storyline" of the mod :)

I thought of having Quatra as the "messenger" that appears for Dark Side Juhanis companion quest. In that case I would replace the Xor quest with Quatras appearance but in the end that would cause too many issues. The first would be that the Jedi don't know that Juhani is your apprentice. Instead they believe that she's dead so Quatra would probably not search for Juhani. And if she did, the rest of the Jedi would probably know about it so if she were to die in that encounter the Council would probably learn of her death. And I can't really have the player character openly kill a Jedi since the story needs him/her to work with the Council later.

Writing that though I once again feel like I really want to have that encounter... Having two companion quests for her would be weird though and I don't want to loose the Xor encounter. Also there are the aforementioned problems. Still... I'll think about it.

For the force powers: The problem is simply that TSL has functions to give feats and spells and K1 does not. So there is no way to do it that easy.

And I'll think about the screenshots. Videos I won't do since I don't want to spoil the "storyline" of the mod :)

Then maybe leave Juhani untrained and thinking she killed her master. Actually, training won't make much sense anyway as before the Levisthan your kbowledge about Sith powers is very limited and after the Leviathan, if your last planet is Korriban, you've got an option to say that you know about the dark side more than Uthar, but you don't remember. So, being lore-friendly, you don't remember much about the dark side powers, so you cannot teacxh Juhani.

Then maybe leave Juhani untrained and thinking she killed her master. Actually, training won't make much sense anyway as before the Levisthan your kbowledge about Sith powers is very limited and after the Leviathan, if your last planet is Korriban, you've got an option to say that you know about the dark side more than Uthar, but you don't remember. So, being lore-friendly, you don't remember much about the dark side powers, so you cannot teacxh Juhani.

This is a valid point. 

Also, how Darkside are you going to make Juhani. Would not Bastila, Carth, even Jolee Bindo, have an issue letting a Sith aboard? Would she go by an alias? Would she act deceptively as a half jedi, similar to how Jolee acts, or would she be a total Sith manipulator like Palpatine, Kreia, and many other sith. Besides, Bastila isn't trained enough nor would have enough experience to accurately detect a sith presence in Juhani. 

I don't know if you have thought of these questions, but I thought I would voice them.