Kexikus

[WIP] Recruit Dark Side Juhani

I've been working on this mod for a while and you probably know what it'll be about from the title but let me start with a short introduction anyway^^

There are two things that bother me about playing K1 as a dark side character: First of all, there is no dark jedi companion. Secondly, you have to kill Juhani if you want to keep to the dark side, meaning that you miss a Jedi companion and that's not really what you want... The obvious solution: Make Juhani recruitable as a dark Jedi :D And since many people expect that they'll be able to do that when getting to said scene anyway, I thought I'd make a mod allowing you to do that.

Sadly I can't really show you that much, but here's a picture of Juhanis character screen:

post-12766-0-95785500-1442332831_thumb.jpg

In the end, you will be able to recruit dark side Juhani in two steps. You have to initiate the mod when meeting her on Dantooine and then actually recruit her on another planet (I won't spoil which one). She will then be a dark Jedi obviously, with edited dialogue to fit her "new" character. There will also be consequences for the endgame, her companion quest etc. Additionally I made two new robes, one dark and one light, that you get when recruiting Juhani (you can see the dark side version in the screenshot above).

At the moment, everything from the initiation on Dantooine to the actual recruitment is done except for voice overs and lipsync (and a few very tiny issues). I intend to add both of those, but for now I'll show you the Dantooine part without voices:

I hope you like it and I'll keep you updated on my progress, but since there's not much I can actually show you, there won't be that many updates.

• Like 2

Cool idea and premise.

It was always cool as a dark sided Revan making Juhani kill Xor if you decided to not kill her at the Grove.

• Like 1

or making juhani kill jolee on the rakatan temple

:D Could you please make the video public?

Oups... It is now.

Too bad you can't recruit Belaya - after you kill Juhani.

Making a mod like this wouldn't be too hard but I'll go with Juhani instead :)

or making juhani kill jolee on the rakatan temple

That's going to be possible with my mod.

Oups... It is now.

Making a mod like this wouldn't be too hard but I'll go with Juhani instead :D

That's going to be possible with my mod.

that sounds cool, Although I already have a mod to do that

Will you be sentence mixing Juhani's existing dialogue, or will you have somebody record it all themselves?

Will you be sentence mixing Juhani's existing dialogue, or will you have somebody record it all themselves?

The original plan was to splice Juhanis original dialogue to make the new lines. And for some lines that'd work pretty well, if they're close enough to vanilla lines. But considering how long it took to make the two lines for Carth and those for Mission you can hear in the video, I don't think that this way is going to work. There will be too many lines for that.

So I hope that I'll be able to record the new lines without them sounding completely different. If that doesn't work out either, I'm not sure what I'll do :/

Over the last month I made some more progress:

Juhanis sidequest (the confrontation with Xor) is done and works as intended, Juhanis companion dialogue is done (with one small exception) and the dark side path on the temple in the Unknown World is also done.

Before I continue with the temple roof scene, I'll add new journal entries for Juhani so that I can test them simultaneously with her dialogue while playing through the game.

I also made a small restoration of what appears to be the original plan for Xors death. I'll hopefully have a video of that shortly and then I have to decide whether or not I'll release it as a seperate mini-mod.

And speaking of mini-mods, I'll also make a "Juhani Romance Enhancement" mod that tweaks her romance scene on the temple roof, as that one is pretty bad in vanilla and will most likely play a bigger role in one of the paths you can take there with dark side Juhani.

That's it for now :)

• Like 1

Soooo... is this out? I take it by the lack of any links or the like it's not! I eagerly, eagerly await it. Juhani is my one-favorite character and the romance (and being unable to persuade her to the dark side like a good kitten) was wholly disappointing! I'm really looking forward to more.

Well, I haven't been modding for the last 2 months and even before that I was focusing on my Skybox pack. But I'm back into it and currently finishing up the Juhani Romance Enhancement. I don't know what exactly I'll do after that but I should be back to making this mod soon... hopefully.

• Like 2

Glad to hear that you're so interested in this mod :)

Here's a small status update of what's going on and why it'll take a while until it's going to be done:

I've been away from modding for about two months up until end of December when I started modding again. The first thing I did was to finish up my Juhani Romance Enhancement mod that originated as part of this mod. I uploaded it a few days ago but it still has to be approved. Now I could continue with Dark Side Juhani but I have an exam coming up in three weeks and then two more as well as a project by the end of february. Until then I don't want to work on something that big and also, I'm currently more motivated for some smaller mods I've wanted to do for quite some time.

With these two reasons, I'll only work on smaller things for about the next two months and afterwards I'll most likely return to Dark Side Juhani.

But I'll still add a call for help here: I need two voice actresses, one for Juhani (who has to sound like her obviously) and one for Belaya but in her case I wouldn't mind rerecording all of her lines so anyone could probably do that part. Note that these recordings are still far off but if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me :)

• Like 1

But I'll still add a call for help here: I need two voice actresses, one for Juhani (who has to sound like her obviously) and one for Belaya but in her case I wouldn't mind rerecording all of her lines so anyone could probably do that part. Note that these recordings are still far off but if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me :D

If you find VAs (even if they cost some money), please be sure to let me know, as I would have a great interest in their services as well. "_"

If you find VAs (even if they cost some money), please be sure to let me know, as I would have a great interest in their services as well. "_"

Will do, if I ever find them^^

I know a professional female VA that has done some game work. I can get some quotes if people are serious about paying someone. Alternatively, a barter arrangement may be possible, if you have suitable skills.

This idea sounds awesome! I would totally love to try this out, or even volunteer for testing when it's in official pre-beta stages. I totally get where you're coming from with needing to stay focused on school, but when you have time, THE WORLD NEEDS THIS MOD *_*

Also, off topic, but I just wanted to say I love your improved sky boxes. Thank you so much for that excellent addition to the Kotor world.

Just a short update: I finally continued working on this mod and basically finished up the scene on top of the Rakatan temple with all its variations. All that remains there is the Juhani romance in certain outcomes.

I also wanted to move on to the beach scene, but encountered a really weird issue: The Rakatan computer is not accessible if you choose the Dark Side ending with Juhani as dark party member... I think I know what file is causing this, but I have no idea what the issue is^^

Edit: Figured it out :)

• Like 1

I just hit a milestone in the development of this mod :)

All new and edited scenes are done (and working as far as I can tell). Some of those still need to be tested to make sure they're actually doing what they're supposed to do, but having them all ingame is a great feeling.

This may sound as if the mod was as good as done, but it certainly is not. I still need to rewrite the entire companion dialog and some of the other dialog I've written before simply because I either didn't really captured the way Juhani speaks or because it's lacking character development. I have some cool ideas for that, but planing and writing all of this will take time :)

I still have 1.5 weeks until my lectures start and I want to get as much as possible done in that time, since I don't know how much I can work on the mod afterwards. We'll see what happens :)

• Like 1

I really like the idea. I just wish the dialogue seemed more realistic, even if that's just making their mouths move as they talk. What I am sure would work is if you said something like "if you rejoin the temple, you could grow your dark power in secret." I know she say "that's true" in another dialogue on the ship. You could the add make her responds "that's true" ...(continue with the diologe as if you save her which is something like( "very well I shall return to the enclave at once." All this combine with mouths moving would be slick as all get out!:)

Glad you like it :)

Now, if you reread my original post in this thread you'll notice how I state that the Dantooine scene is done except for voice overs and lipsync. Those certainly will be added to the mod but as the very last thing once everything is working properly. But I won't use spliced dialogue as you suggested. I originally tried that and it might work for the Dantooine scene but overall there are just way too many new lines for this to work in even a semi decent way. I'll have to find a voice actree for Juhani instead (see the rest of the thread).

I can probably find you someone to voice Belaya, if you still need a VA for her. For Juhani, it seems you still haven't found a VA for her. I know someone who would be willing to rerecord all of Juhani's lines, making everything seamless with your mod, but she doesn't sound all that much like the original VA, so it would be a bit jarring. It might work if you get stuck, though.

You probably want to hold off with voice actor suggestions until he's completely done with the dialogue and gets feedback that it works from a objective group of play testers. You see, you'll find that if it's a large part you will only have basically one shot to give them the script. When you have hundreds of lines like Juhani has, you don't have opportunities for do-overs.

• Like 1