Kexikus

[WIP] Recruit Dark Side Juhani

On 1/3/2019 at 11:45 PM, REVANSDAD said:

OPs the creator nvr sent or uploaded

Uhm, what?

On 1/3/2019 at 6:04 PM, rowan-the-wise said:

Any word on how the mod is going?

No progress, sorry. The last thing I did with the mod was to send it out to my testers. They tested it and provided very helpful feedback but I have not yet implemented any of it.

I haven't forgotten about the mod, it's just not on top of my priority list right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dark Side Points 1

So, any idea when this mod will be finished and released? Like this year, next year, never?

• Dark Side Points 4

On 1/6/2019 at 5:01 PM, Kexikus said:

No progress, sorry. The last thing I did with the mod was to send it out to my testers. They tested it and provided very helpful feedback but I have not yet implemented any of it.

I haven't forgotten about the mod, it's just not on top of my priority list right now.

• Like 1
  • Dark Side Points 1

I'm sure you're tired of people asking about a completion time frame but... Dark side Juhani really piques my interest. It's been 6-7 months so I figure it's ok to ask again. How's it goin?

Not sure how far you are into your ideas for this @Kexikus, but you had wondered about some ideas regarding Quatra (spelling?) and the easiest answer for Revan finding out is simple I think. Just have her walking around the enclave, or speaking to the other masters, Revan could overhear her talking, and then relay what she or he overhears to Juhani who grows increasingly angry over Quatra's betrayal. See lightside Juhani takes it in an accepting manner, now if I were in her boots, I would be p***ed off, very, very hurt to the point of wanting to kill her all over again, and darkside Revan can pull her further into the darkside.

Does that sound like a good idea? I mean you have a fragile, vulnerable girl whose upset and you pull her further, further into the darkness, makes for a very good story. Then there could be a larger confrontation at a later date. Juhani strikes me, a lot like Jaesa, eager to trust someone, needing family, wanting to love and trust people. And I think reading between the lines that Quatra took advantage of that majorly. As for a character design for her, why not simply give her one of the head designs for one of the female player characters that way you will save yourself some extra work?

PS: I *LOVE* the idea for this mod, and I've got a cute Juhani reskin by Nimduril, any chance there could be a patch for it at some point? :)

• Like 2

I've just discovered this mod today, and reading through it seems it's been getting periodic updates, but the last feedback was last summer and I was wondering--especially since we're all locked at home due to the quarantines--if there's been any progress on this, even just a "it's still in the works" note? Thanks, and sorry if I'm being a bother, this mod concept is just really great to me--Juhani's always been my favourite character but I always hated how she was incompatible with a DS run(you'd pretty inevitably have to murder her). Also! Are there any plans to reverse-engineer her romance for a DS F!Revan, or is this purely for a platonic run? Thanks again!

EDIT: Nvm, I'd somehow missed your posts responding to the romance question. Sorry!

Edited by Asami Sato

48 minutes ago, sombertownDS said:

how do i download? the download button be missing

This thread is a "Work In Progress" or a "WIP". A mod thread in the Work In Progress section simply means that, even though in said thread you can clearly view screenshots of the mod that the author has shared, the mod isn't finished yet meaning that outside of previews and screenshots the author shows you that there are sections which are either incomplete or aren't done yet.

When can you download this particular mod? Well until the mod author @Kexikus says other wise this mod isn't finished and isn't ready for release. There is a saying on this site and that's "it will be done when its done", the reason that saying is said is because when mod authors release there mods early they are bug riddled and unplayable and since Kexikus started this mod 5 years ago it could take him another 5 years to complete if it means that this mod is bug free and fun to play at the end of the day.

Hey, uh, @Kexikus. Any further timeline updates?

Also, um. This is personal preference for me, but it would be ideal if this mod, when it is eventually made, if it were compatible with the mod that allows you to save Mission Vao (this one: https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1010-save-mission/). It always sucks to have to kill her (though if forced to choose, I'd definitely pick Juhani over Mission).

If you need any more testers, I'd be happy to do so :)

Edited by AzuraIak
guess I didn't need to make a second post?

5 hours ago, AzuraIak said:

Hey, uh, @Kexikus. Any further timeline updates?

I would humbly suggest that you read the post right before yours.

Kexikus will post information when there's something to announce.

• Light Side Points 2

13 hours ago, AzuraIak said:

Also, um. This is personal preference for me, but it would be ideal if this mod, when it is eventually made, if it were compatible with the mod that allows you to save Mission Vao (this one: https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1010-save-mission/). It always sucks to have to kill her (though if forced to choose, I'd definitely pick Juhani over Mission).

If this becomes incompatible with Save Mission, I would make a compatible version. Please don't respond to this comment, though, to prevent the thread from being hijacked from its original purpose. 

hi, I'm super interested in using this mod, will it be available for download soon??? (sorry if I'm being annoying I'm just really interested in this)

also, would it work with juhani catlike head mod"?

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 7:25 AM, Sith Holocron said:

I would humbly suggest that you read the post right before yours.

Kexikus will post information when there's something to announce.

• Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

hello i just read about your mod and just wanted to say that im very intrested in it, i hope things work out for you and that down the road you can do what you love. keep it up and remember the dark side will always rule of the light.

Man, cant believe its been two years already.

Ah well, continuing to hope that we'll see a release.

Do you have any more information or previews on the mod's scope/content you can share?

• Like 3

I'd like to imagine people must have figured it out by this point, this mod won't ever happen, right? 

It's not like this is a complete overhaul or anything, it doesn't need two years or more to be made.

Edited by Wolfsiege
Grammar error
  • Sad 1
  • Dark Side Points 4