Kexikus

[WIP] Recruit Dark Side Juhani

Hey, looking forward to this, once released.

Normally i'd volunteer to test it as well, but im doing LS playthrough, with plenty of mods :/

Speaking of mods, do you know - at this point- if there are mods that will surely be incompatible with this, once released?

Speaking of mods, do you know - at this point- if there are mods that will surely be incompatible with this, once released?

Recruitment mods that replace Juhani with a new character will obviously be incompatible.

Mods that alter Juhani's appearance will be incompatible but can receive a compability patch.

Other than that, I don't know yet. I have a list of mods that I want it to be compatible with, so I'll try to get these compatibilities done or provide a patch, but I can't say which ones yet (except for K1R, which will definetly be compatible).

• Like 2

Recruitment mods that replace Juhani with a new character will obviously be incompatible.

Mods that alter Juhani's appearance will be incompatible but can receive a compability patch.

Other than that, I don't know yet. I have a list of mods that I want it to be compatible with, so I'll try to get these compatibilities done or provide a patch, but I can't say which ones yet (except for K1R, which will definetly be compatible).

For the time being, I can recommend you making compatibility patches for these mods:

Catlike Juhani (for dark side Juhani to use appearance from this mod or an altered one), K1 Enhancement Pack (for Juhani to come with items from that mod), Weapons of the Old Republic (for dark side Juhani to come with a proper lightsaber), Brotherhood of SShadows: Solomon's Revenge (for dark side Juhani to appear properly on the temple summit; this could also include add-ons for Catlike Juhani and K1 Enhancement Pack - to include red revelaing/gray suit instead of default one, and for WotOR for Juhani to have a red lightsaber instead of a blue one if dark side and maybe by the way put WOTOR exclusive weapons into hands of rest of party members, these I would recommend to be UTC patchers instead of replacers as K1EP is compatible with WOTOR and it would be nice to have both a suit and a lightsaber).

^^^

That's going to be at least eight different install options, so if you do go through with that, I'll be around to help with the installer and proof it before it's tested.

Hey Kexikus,

I was just wondering if you are still working on this mod considering it's been about three months since anyone has commented.

Yes, I am. It's just going slowly partially due to some missing testing reports but mostly due to the fact that bug fixing isn't really that fun so I usually prefer doing something else^^

And on top of that is that the exam phase for this summer has started and won't end until the next semester starts in October, which leaves me with less time to work on mods.

The good news is that the thing I did instead of working on this mod is to work on my skybox mods which has been my primary focus for the last weeks (not that I have anything to show for it, but I did make some progress there).

Anyway, the mod is still in progress and even though it's going slowly it's at least going (somewhat) steady :D

• Like 2

I just fixed a small vanilla bug that prevents Juhani from appearing in the post-Leviathan Ebon Hawk scene where the group discusses the Revan revelation. It was due to a spelling error in the tag of Juhani's waypoint.

However, I have a problem with that scene: I just don't get how the characters are actually spawned. The module is ebo_m40ad and I know that waypoints are used to spawn them as the wrong tag prevented Juhani's spawn. But I just can't find the script that's actually doing this. From what I can tell, there's no OnEnter script and while there is a trigger, it is only used to start the conversation and not to spawn the characters. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them as I need to check something in the spawn script.

• Like 2

However, I have a problem with that scene: I just don't get how the characters are actually spawned. The module is ebo_m40ad and I know that waypoints are used to spawn them as the wrong tag prevented Juhani's spawn. But I just can't find the script that's actually doing this. From what I can tell, there's no OnEnter script and while there is a trigger, it is only used to start the conversation and not to spawn the characters. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them as I need to check something in the spawn script.

An onEnter script can also be specified in the module.ifo – ebo_m40ad has, under Mod_OnModLoad, the script k_pebn_pophawk that spawns the NPCs.

• Like 1

An onEnter script can also be specified in the module.ifo – ebo_m40ad has, under Mod_OnModLoad, the script k_pebn_pophawk that spawns the NPCs.

Ah, that's good to know. I thought they have to be specified in the .are. Thank you :)

• Like 1

Good news: I finished the last newly added scene that was discovered to be missing during testing. That reduces the number of things left to fix to basically two categories: Juhanis comments during certain side quests and some Juhani related vanilla bugs I want to fix. Then there's of course more testing to do in order to see if the things I fixed after the inital testing are actually fixed and finally the voice overs.

But I'm a big step closer to the second test run and thus to finishing this mod. Thanks for your interest :)

• Like 2

Here's a question for you all: Are there any scenes (side quests, main quests, whatever) where you think dark side Juhani should comment on the situation? If you have any ideas, please let me know and I'll consider adding them :)

Myb on tattoine at the tusken raider camp. She probably would like to kill them like hk
And when meeting darth bandon

Also, she could comment on the wookiee slavery stuff

Hm, some suggestions....

Sandral/Matale feud, maybe encourage pissing everyone off so it results in the massacre

The indoctrinated selkath teenagers, maybe encourage either killing or telling them the Sith rule

The other Sith wannabes on Korriban, maybe support them being asses (like lightning-ing Shaardan's fans or Mekel starving the others to death)

Encouraging Eli getting revenge on Matton (or were the names the other way around? Can't quite remember)

Just off the top of my head

Hey I just wanted to offer myself for testing this mod when you need testers :D

Also, how's the progress coming?

Thanks for the interest. I'll get back to you when the final testing begins.

As for the progress: I haven't worked on this mod for quite some time now. There were two reasons for that. First, I was more motivated to make skyboxes and second, I had a programming project in university which was why I didn't want to code in my free time as well. But the latter is now over and I intend to get this mod to its final testing stage as soon as possible. I just need to find the motivation to get back into it. Once I do that, it shouldn't take too long. Then again, there's always something coming up that causes mods to take more time than expected.

Hm, some suggestions....

Sandral/Matale feud, maybe encourage pissing everyone off so it results in the massacre

The indoctrinated selkath teenagers, maybe encourage either killing or telling them the Sith rule

The other Sith wannabes on Korriban, maybe support them being asses (like lightning-ing Shaardan's fans or Mekel starving the others to death)

Encouraging Eli getting revenge on Matton (or were the names the other way around? Can't quite remember)

Just off the top of my head

Matton calls Eli a snake and then kills him. It would be cool to have an option to have Eli kill Matton instead.

I just fixed a small vanilla bug that prevents Juhani from appearing in the post-Leviathan Ebon Hawk scene where the group discusses the Revan revelation. It was due to a spelling error in the tag of Juhani's waypoint.

I'd like to fix this bug in my Unofficial Patch. I found the misspelling (pebn_johani instead of pebn_juhani), but then I continued searching through files, and I can't find pebn_juhani anywhere (I'm assuming it's a .utc file?) Do you happen to know where that file is? (I don't plan on editing it, but just for future reference).

I'd like to fix this bug in my Unofficial Patch. I found the misspelling (pebn_johani instead of pebn_juhani), but then I continued searching through files, and I can't find pebn_juhani anywhere (I'm assuming it's a .utc file?) Do you happen to know where that file is? (I don't plan on editing it, but just for future reference).

It's a waypoint file (.utw). That file does exist though, so all you need to do is to fix the misspelling in the .git.

Well, no, there's no such file. That's just an instance of the waypoint template sw_waypoint001.utw with a custom tag.

As for the script that spawns the party members, that's k_pebn_pophawk.ncs.

It's been almost exactly one year since I declared the first version of this mod as finished and started testing it. Well, I just fixed the last known bug!

That means it's time for the next round of testing to make sure that I didn't screw anything up with the rather extensive bug-fixing after the first round. Once those tests are done, I obviously need to fix all bugs that were discovered and then I can finally get to the voice overs. It's been taking a long time but the mod is slowly getting to where I want it and that's where you come in:

I need you guys to help me test this mod.

This requires that you do a full playthrough of the game with some specific choices I need you to make. You cannot use other mods in this playthrough (except for texture mods) and I need you to report every issue you find.

Keep in mind that the mod is not completed so there are probably several bugs and it will generally not be a polished experience. Also, playing through the game takes time and while I understand this, I don't want to wait a year for you to complete the game or maybe not complete it at all.

If none of that discourages you, please send me a PM and I'll let you know what exactly I need.

If you don't feel like playing through the game just for this but would still like to help, I could use someone to read through Juhani's party member dialog for me to check for inconsistencies and other errors. If you're interested to do this, send me a PM.

Thanks for the interest in my mod, I'll keep you updated on the progress :D

• Like 6