Haveayap

Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast mods

I have been looking for the mod that allows you to do character customization in JK2 instead of just using Kyle Katarn in SP (I cant remember the name of it sorry)... Does anyone happen to have it or know where I can find it by any chance??

I know for a fact that there was a really old mod back on jk2files that allowed you to customize your character using multiple PK3 files. It had somewhere around 4000 downloads the last time I checked, which was likely over 2+ years ago.

Sadly, now that jk2files is gone, I doubt you'd be able to find it.

• Like 1

I am going to try to see if we can get access to JK2FIles a while ago i know who had it but will have to do some digging.

There seems to be an interesting mod in the work at ModDB: Redemption.

That looks amazing! I especially like the Stormtrooper outfit for Kyle (Which makes more sense to me if he really wanted to "infiltrate" the Remnant base in the beginning) and the various sliders for 3rd person camera. I really hope this comes out soon.

• Like 1

Thank you both for the kind words and the publicity here on DeadlyStream :D

Its comments like this that keep my enthusiasm high. Thanks for the motivation, its a good push that I need to get on with it and get it done asap!

• Like 1

Jedi Outcast is a gem the deserves any kind of fix/improvement we can use.

Although personally, I vastly prefer a first person view in my games (funnily enough, two of my favorite games ever Max Payne and Knights of the Old Republic use a third person one instead)... :D

• Like 1

What do you think of trueview then, Salk?  Immersion is greatly improved like ;)

I had to disable TrueView 2.0 because it was causing bugs with dismemberment and also when switching from 1st person to 3rd person; the previous weapon would still be held whilst holding another. The man who ported/implemented the code for JK2E, hasn't fixed this or is aware of it even. I could have another go at getting it to work right since my coding knowledge has improved if you would like?

It would be a great addition, I think.

Of course I only had the chance to compare those three images (no TrueView, TrueView 1.0 and TrueView 2.0) but for my personal taste the clear winner was TrueView 2.0. So of course... If you could make it into Redemption, I would know for sure what to choose there... ;)

And speaking of jkhub.org and its hosted projects: if I understand correctly your own Redemption mod requires Jedi Outcast Enhanced to be installed on, correct?

I tried to gather info about this new development platform for modders but I am not sure I understood correctly who is going to participate and what kind of goals it sets for itself.

But perhaps you will be kind enough to tell us more about how things work there?

Cheers!

Hello Salk, I was just logging-in to share an update on the mod but I'll elaborate on what you've seen of my Redemption mod on JKHub. That is version one of my mod which I used eezstreets mod as a base for mine - it was early days in modding Outcasts source and his mod was the most stable build, to 'build' of from.

Version one of my mod has nowhere near the amount of features that will be introduced in its next release and will not need his mod for mine to work. Since the release of the source code anyone can have a go at modding it; there are many mods in the works at the moment.

Update time.. I'm having issues once again with TrueView 2.0. I'm almost half-way there in solving the problems but it will mostly be compromises and clever little workarounds that will get the job done. The main problem with TV 2.0 is, to get the result with the first person gun and visible legs, what they've done to achieve this is switching of the models arms... So when it comes to sabering the arms of enemies, they don't dismember but create a dismembered arm anyway Eezstreet thinks he has solved this(or has lost interest) but his attempt doesn't work, so I'm trying to tackle it myself. I will keep at it.

Thank you for your interest

EDIT: 13/02/18

I've sorted out both of my coding issues and I'm quite pleased. I better quit with the thread hi-jack so, if this mod of mine interests you, pop on over to ModDB and have a chat :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-jedi-outcast-redemption

Kind Regards

• Like 2

That's pretty neat, Duvai. I'm going to give this mod a shot for sure! I hope you plan to continue to develop it as well.

Dear forum users, if you have interesting bind commands and scripting movements for Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy could you share them :)

IIRC there was a mod on JKHUB which allows you to play Outcast within Academy.