Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkChocolateJedi

What is your favorite quote?

“Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.” -Voltaire

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Really I could go on forever on a thread like this but I will end with something more amusing.

"Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. Set him on fire, and he's warm for the rest on his life." -Terry Pratchett

“Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.” -Voltaire

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Really I could go on forever on a thread like this but I will end with something more amusing.

"Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. Set him on fire, and he's warm for the rest on his life." -Terry Pratchett

Lol good one, i like those quotes.

My best quotes are from Army of Darkness

"Good, bad.... I'm the guy with the gun" - Ash Williams

"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up... This... Is my BOOMSTICK!" - Ash Williams

Game of Thrones quotes are always fun as well.

"The Lannisters send their regards" - Roose Bolton

"Lord cast your light upon us, for the night is dark and full of terrors" - Melisandre

"Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell... They're all just spokes on a wheel. This one's on top, then that one's on top, and on and on it spins, crushing those beneath on the ground... I'm not going to stop the wheel, I'm going to break the wheel." - Daenerys Targaryen

And this gem from Castlevania

"What a terrible night for a curse" - In-game dialogue

(Last one)

"Premature optimization is the root of all programming evil"

Here is my own quote... "You cannot have happiness without sadness, you cannot have courage without fear, you cannot have anger without peace, you cannot have life without death, you cannot have good without evil, just as you cannot have war without man. -TheDarkChocolateJedi

Scroobius Pip

"Thou shalt not think that any male over 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a pedophile, some people are just nice."

"How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood... and then just be in a good mood? Thats all I have to say because its a straight up fact, you control your emotions and its as simple as that."

“The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right.

I stepped forward, let the door bang closed, and snarled, "F*** subtle.”

Harry 'I the Hell am Harry' Dresden  - Wizard

The tribbles ate the grain...

The colonist are going to starve...

EAT THE TRIBBLES!!!

Carl- Vexxarr webcomic

"It is such a quiet thing... to fall... but far more terrible is to admit it."

- Darth Traya

• Like 2

Here is another quote i made up, it's well... If I ever have a somewhat nerdy girlfriend.

"When I look into your eyes I can see the death and creation of a million of the most gorgeous stars, I can see a trillion years of love and beauty and prosperity in the entire universe, I can see infinite amounts of beautiful women and aliens but out of all of them you stick out the most, I can see beautiful angels helping craft a planet and you are one of them. That is what I see when i look into your beautiful eyes.

-TheDarkChocolateJedi

From KoTOR II it's Kreia's "It is such a quiet thing to fall, but far more terrible is to admit it."

The quote on its own isn't much but it's an amazing scene when Kreia shows Atris what she's become.

Pretty much anything HK-47 says in the HK Factory is nice too. :P

"I know not what weapons World War III will be fought with, But I know world war IIII will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

"All wars are civil wars because all men are brothers" -Abraham Lincoln

"So long as there are men there will be war" -Albert Einstein

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" -Some general who's name escapes me at the moment

It is the way of men to make monsters... and it is the nature of monsters to destroy their makers - Harlan Wade - F.E.A.R.

• Like 2

If i had a thousand bucks for every F***´n prick who calls me a weirdo... I still wouldn´t have enough to cover their funeral expenses. - Dolfo - The darkness 2.

What is, in my opinion, the most underappreciated KOTOR quote...

"Elusive? Me, elusive? Heh. Obviously you've never tried to grab a Twi'lek dancing girl after drinking too much Ondaran willek juice." -Jolee Bindo

Here is another quote i made up, it's well... If I ever have a somewhat nerdy girlfriend.

"When I look into your eyes I can see the death and creation of a million of the most gorgeous stars, I can see a trillion years of love and beauty and prosperity in the entire universe, I can see infinite amounts of beautiful women and aliens but out of all of them you stick out the most, I can see beautiful angels helping craft a planet and you are one of them. That is what I see when i look into your beautiful eyes.

-TheDarkChocolateJedi

This got no attention and it's like my wellest written quote of all time... Such sad much yes.

"Yeah I'm done... Just... Just... Done... Someone get me a cup of tea i can't take this..." -Me after Not being able to beat dark malak for the 10th time

Update:I just realized i double posted...

"Yeah I'm done... Just... Just... Done... Someone get me a cup of tea i can't take this..." -Me after Not being able to beat dark malak for the 10th time

Update:I just realized i double posted...

And if it's not your cup of tea; then get a new cup! :P

• Like 1

"When you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Is there a movie I think I should have won the oscar for? Yeah, all of them" ~Morgan Freeman

• Like 1

"I asked God for a bike, but i know God doesn't work that way, so i stole a bike and asked for forgiveness" -Emo Philips

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door" -Milton Berle

"A baby is God's opinion that life should go on" -Carl Sandburg

"When i was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When i went to school, they asked me what i wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down "Happy". They told me i didn't understand the assignment, i told them they didn't understand life" -Anonymous

"To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing" -Fred Shero

"Just taught my kids about taxes by eating 38% of their ice cream" -Conan O'brien

"Wisemen speak because they have something to say;fools because they have to say something" -Plato

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" -Walt Disney

"As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death." -Leonardo Da Vinci 

"Always borrow money from a pessimist, he won't expect it back" -Oscar Wilde

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned by their motives" -Anonymous

Those were all awesome weren't they? I love quoting, those were all amazing ones 

So, if you went ahead and read them  :coffee:  What are some of your favorite quotes? 

"It's called the American Dream 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

• Like 1

This quote is just... Amazing, it honestly just is, and it represents my opinion on the matter, thank you Mark Twain.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain

Here is another few from Mark Twain...

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time" -Mark Twain

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you will have ceased

to live." -Mark Twain

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." -Mark Twain

"Kindness is the language of which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." -Mark Twain

I love this next one too "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." -Mark Twain

What a wise and well-worded man he was, no one could have said the meaning of these quotes better than the man himself.

• Like 1

"I'd like to say that people people can change anything they want to; and that means everything in the world. Show me any country and there'll be people in it. And it's the people that make the country. People have got to stop pretending they're not on the world. People are running about following their little tracks. I am one of them. But we've all gotta stop just stop following our own little mouse trail. People can do anything; this is something that I'm beginning to learn. People are out there doing bad things to each other; it's because they've been dehumanized. It's time to take that humanity back into the centre of the ring and follow that for a time. Greed... it ain't going anywhere! They should have that on a big billboard across Times Square. Think on that. Without people you're nothing."

~ Joe Strummer

"I recognize the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid ass decision, I've elected to ignore it."

-Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson)