Jorak Uln

SKIN:MANAAN Complete Overhaul (animated)

MANAAN Complete Overhaul (animated)

This is the next part of an ongoing series.
The purpose of this mod is to shrug off the years from old Kotor engine, and bring the much more up-to-date design choices from SWTOR to Kotor. All textures have been made from scratch.
The Overhaul also contains sophisticated SWTOR orientated high Quality animations and cubemap based lights & shine on surfaces.

3.0 Huge Update! This one completely blows previous versions out of the water - added revolutionary tech window animations, changing color animations while moving and much more..
Highly recommended!
to upgrade redownload ALL parts.

Installation:

Download the mod, extract its contents with an archive extraction program such as 7zip or WinRAR, then move the contents to your game's override directory.

This mod uses cubemaps, so there could be minor incompatibilites with mods that uses custom cubemaps too. ( but i actually dont know any mod that does that)
Just to be on the safe side, i recommend to install my mod last.
Beside that it should be compatible with everything that doesnt retexture Manaan.

Credits:
I want to thank Darth Sapiens for his wonderful Cubemap-Ressource pack, which enabled me to do a lot of things that would otherwise been not possible.
I also want to thank Darth Parametric for hex editing mdl files from the Hraekert Base. That allowed me to use more variety in retextures.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/21/2015
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

• Like 1

Now I finally got to test your textures ingame and they just look amazing :thumbup:

They certainly wont leave my Override folder ever again^^

I have one bug however. Some of the panels are transparent and I assume they should be shiny instead. My guess is that this is due to a missing cubemap texture as there are none coming with the download, so I only have those installed from your Endar Spire pack (haven't tried the Sith Base yet, shame on me^^).

Here's a screenshot, so that you know what I mean:

post-12766-0-46530600-1440251531_thumb.jpg

Now I finally got to test your textures ingame and they just look amazing :thumbup:

They certainly wont leave my Override folder ever again^^

I have one bug however. Some of the panels are transparent and I assume they should be shiny instead. My guess is that this is due to a missing cubemap texture as there are none coming with the download, so I only have those installed from your Endar Spire pack (haven't tried the Sith Base yet, shame on me^^).

Here's a screenshot, so that you know what I mean:

attachicon.gif2015-08-22_00001.jpg

Good that you remind me! 

I just forgot to include the cubemaps, since they are always present in my override - but its fixed now.

So to your projects:

How ready are the skyboxes? what about Manaan?

Good that you remind me! 

I just forgot to include the cubemaps, since they are always present in my override - but its fixed now.

So to your projects:

How ready are the skyboxes? what about Manaan?

I'll check it out tomorrow.

About the skyboxes: Vanilla is done except for the Unknown World, as I'm waiting for a model from Quanon and he's having some problems right now, so I have no idea when I can finish those. But Manaan is done and looks really cool with your textures^^

Edit: Looks way better with cubemaps now^^ But I still have a weird edge in the reflection that moves with the camera. I don't know if that's fixable but I thought you might want to know about it :D

post-12766-0-48066500-1440325466_thumb.jpg

I'll check it out tomorrow.

About the skyboxes: Vanilla is done except for the Unknown World, as I'm waiting for a model from Quanon and he's having some problems right now, so I have no idea when I can finish those. But Manaan is done and looks really cool with your textures^^

Edit: Looks way better with cubemaps now^^ But I still have a weird edge in the reflection that moves with the camera. I don't know if that's fixable but I thought you might want to know about it :D

attachicon.gif2015-08-23_00001.jpg

Just checked that spot ingame - nope, theres no edge - it also seems that the blue pattern in your floor texture is nonreflective/way to dark. It should use CM too and subtly  changes from lighter blue to silver metallic. 

Think you might reinstall all .txi and CM files, just in case.

Just checked that spot ingame - nope, theres no edge - it also seems that the blue pattern in your floor texture is nonreflective/way to dark. It should use CM too and subtly  changes from lighter blue to silver metallic. 

Think you might reinstall all .txi and CM files, just in case.

I tried that but the problem is still there. The line also doesn't stay in this spot but moves when I move the camera and appears almost everywhere, mostly at the side of the screen. Maybe it's because of my resolution or something.

Anyway, it's no big deal but I thought you should know.

Also, but I don't know if that's intentional, your textures for the Kolto tanks, force cages and loot containers are not included in this pack. No big issue as they are in your other packs but the screenshots are kinda misleading in that regard :)

Also, but I don't know if that's intentional, your textures for the Kolto tanks, force cages and loot containers are not included in this pack. No big issue as they are in your other packs but the screenshots are kinda misleading in that regard :D

Uploaded them now.

• Like 2

I've just finished playing Manaan with your texture pack. Impressive.

Congratulations!

The only remark: the ocean is really too dark. I noticed I had to crank up the brightness to see where I was walking and that is not a good sign, since it was alright everywhere else.

I think how intensely futuristic your packs are Jorak really only suits Manaan, for my personal tastes anyway.

I wonder what your take on a world like Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Tantooine or Korriban would be like.