Duvai

X-Box hud possible?

Hi, I was wondering if it can be implemented. Since I play with a controller, its a bit messy with the objects/NPC's name as well as the attack actions being in the center of the screen. I managed to move the "COMBAT MODE ENGAGED" graphic, but before I go and tinker through that file (very time consuming)...  If I could somehow tell the game to use the X-Box hud, if at all its in the pc files. The reason is that in gui.bif there is a portcust_p.gui, which caught my interest. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm new to KotOR modding :P

If you refer to KotOR 2, you could possibly extract all of the "_x" variants and rename them to the "_p" variants in the Override folder. Besides that, not entirely possible.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into the x file and try to get it going. Cheers

Well I'm running native resolution of 1920x1080, so to see if it works I was going to change the res but, there is no 800x600 option. I couldn't be bothered reinstalling the retail version again to check, but anyways it doesn't look as if the pc has the xbox textures through STEAM. Anyhows, I've been trying to copy the layout of the X-Box hud and have made some progress but... You see I want the health/name bar to not be attached to the blooming target; all I can do is move it up and make it smaller! I would like to have a default placement like how you're portrait stays put. Can anyone help?

Alright pal, here you go... Its nowhere near finished by any means, I'm still seeing what I can and can't do which is taking most of the time. I've done the portraits repositioning  (except for that green background texture; dunno where it is in the file yet) I'm still not sure on how I want the layout to be as well.

post-16424-0-49232300-1440013805_thumb.jpgpost-16424-0-14056800-1440013794_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to mention, got rid of the pause and combat engaged graphic.

Edited by Duvai

All attempts of moving the target actions have been a failure. Drewtons improvement mod showed the target actions situated bottom-middle, I cannot figure it out. aaarrrrggghhhh... :( This is what bugs and frustrates me. Any help in understanding this?

What d'you mean? If you meant by their controller support through STEAM then, I am already using it, but also using XPADDER to assign switch weapons and solo mode keys to the triggers. I want to move the traget actions from being over the head of a target to around where the action gui is placed to the bottom left of the screen (tsl). An idea I've got so far, is to:

- move hostile force to the action slot 0

- move grenades to an as of yet uneditted action slot (will decide on which later on)

I deleted the name bar once and it looked good not having it in the way (immersion improved), but target actions were still there, just not visible. I think I can move hostile force and grenade slot to an action slot from what I've seen in spells.2da.

I'll move the other actions to where I see fit later. I want to try and put the stance action button in the character/player screen (in that empty square would do nicely I think).

What d'you reckon?