Taki17

TSL droid eye glow problem

Hi guys!

I have small problem in TSL with the droids' eyes, as they don't have that glow that they used to have before (see screenshot). I'm using the new, updated Steam version without any mods, the problem never occured with the 4CD or the GOG version. The GOG version of K1 also has no similar problems.

Screenshot:

JoJbiVS.jpg

Nvidia GTX760, latest drivers, Win10 pro. All graphical options on max ingame.

Did anybody else encounter this problem?

Did you toggle the Force Speed effect option and start the convo with Force Speed running?

I haven't played on the Steam version yet (waiting for their final patch in the next few weeks), but starting a new game for a quick test has T3 with his eye glow working as intended. I'm running Win7, so it could be a Win10/DX12 issue I guess.

So far, only protocol droids seem to have this problem, astro droids & T3 work as they should.

I've tried it with and without the force speed effect, no difference, problem still exists.

The reason I asked about the Force Speed thing is because it's a hack - it simply disables frame buffer effects while FS is active, then switches them back on when it finishes.

If it is working for astromechs but not protocol droids, then that would imply a change to the protocol MDL. Did you install M4-78? I'm pretty sure that includes an edited c_drdprot.

I have no mods installed, just the vanilla Steam version game. I've checked the override folder, it does not have any files related to protocol droids.

In the meantime, I've checked the other droids, HKs and GOTO work fine too. So its only the generic protocol droids and B4D4.

Here you go: http://1drv.ms/1DmENau

Its not a true gameplay save though, it was made for research for a mod I'm planning to make when I found the eye glow issue. There's a protocol droid nearby.

Easy enough to try this - 4CD fine... Steam; get the same. Uninstalled TSLRCM and M4-78EP... no difference.

I'll pass this to Aspyr.

Yeah, can confirm, no eye glow in the Steam version, with or without TSLRCM. I did a hex compare between the original and Steam MDLs and there was no difference, so not sure what the issue is. The self-illumination isn't animated like with HK, so the eyes should always glow.

Just envmaptexture CM_Baremetal. I don't have the disc version of TSL installed at the moment, but the K1 textures use the same, so I assume it is unchanged. In any event, the self-illumination comes from the model, I don't think anything in the texture would/could alter it (besides the colour).