1Leonard

Leonard's Faces

I've been working on something new last week and I've made enough progress to start a new thread.

Kenobi
2q8d44p.png

I've been remodeling one of the pc's to more resemble Obi-Wan's face in Episode III, I also decided to completely reskin the character in a higher resolution so I upped the skin of the original model to double its size and painted a new one from scratch. I'm really happy with how the facial hair turned out but I'm still tweaking the hair on his head. The facial skin is everything but final, I still want to age it further. The eyes and ears are from the original model and I still want to redraw those.

Keep in mind that I'm still tweaking the model as well so if you have any comment on the facial structure please tell me!

Let me know what you think and if you have any tips. I need a fresh pair of eyes on this. 

• Like 3

omg man, that almost looks like him! You should lower the bridge of the nose a bit, and add some shading in the creases around the nose for more definition. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Oh and the corner of the eyes that faces away from the head should be facing down/diagonal

a bit of raising of the hair on the sides of the beard too.

• Like 1

Try making the face in your profile picture :) haha

Even if doesn't look a whole lot like him, this is a pretty unique-looking face. Well done!

Yeah, it's really hard to get away from the source model.

I suppose that's the case with any model though.

Any tips on what to change in particular?

Yeah, it's really hard to get away from the source model.

I suppose that's the case with any model though.

Any tips on what to change in particular?

His eyebrows look a little on the angry side. If you can nail down Ewan McGregor's eyebrows, I think you'll be pretty close

Maybe raise the jaw i think the face is a bit too long maybe a lot of effort to fix, anyway liking what you've done so far :D

Been tweaking his model and have started aging the skin.

nv413t.jpg3088hvq.png

It's hard getting a good picture ingame because he can't keep his face still for a second.

Yeah, more brown would do.

Also, does the hair bang on the front still retain physics? Pretty sure it had waviness to it on the stock model.

While I'm here, and seeing your skill in model editing is superior to the last person I requested this from - could you take a shot at a Sith Pureblood head after this?

Yeah, more brown would do.

Also, does the hair bang on the front still retain physics? Pretty sure it had waviness to it on the stock model.

Yeah, they're still wavy!

Another thing, and you've done a good job so far, is that in the last two he kinda looks angry, and then confused/terrified. Maybe the combination of the edited eyebrows and mouth contributed to this? I think easing up on those features would really improve it. But it's really beginning to look like Kenobi.

Another thing, and you've done a good job so far, is that in the last two he kinda looks angry, and then confused/terrified. Maybe the combination of the edited eyebrows and mouth contributed to this? I think easing up on those features would really improve it. But it's really beginning to look like Kenobi.

Yeah those are really hard to nail, when I have time I'll take frontshots of his face and overlay them with renders of the model to see what's different.

You could use Hapslash's Obi-Wan as a reference.

Oh man.... takin' me back...

Nice avatar and awesome skin, dude. Keep up the refreshing work!

You could use Hapslash's Obi-Wan as a reference.

That's a good idea actually, though I believe his site hasn't been used in a decade.

Needs more beard. :P

GJ.

You mean on his sides?

That's a good idea actually, though I believe his site hasn't been used in a decade.

1. Get Modview from gamefront.

2. Get Obi Wan model from gamefront.

3. Get model into modview and take screenscaps of the head.

4. ?

5. Profit.

1. Get Kain to provide.

2. Profit.

MSq5bHi.png

• Like 1

1. Get Modview from gamefront.

2. Get Obi Wan model from gamefront.

3. Get model into modview and take screenscaps of the head.

4. ?

5. Profit.

1. Get Kain to provide.

2. Profit.

MSq5bHi.png

You're a hero. Thanks!

Still tinkering. Changed the jaw, tweaked the nose, reskinned the eyebrowse to more resemble kenobi's, added more beard and changed the haircolor to something darker and added new eyes. I like him a lot more now.

29as86h.jpg

• Like 1

Still tinkering. Changed the jaw, tweaked the nose, reskinned the eyebrowse to more resemble kenobi's, added more beard and changed the haircolor to something darker and added new eyes. I like him a lot more now.

29as86h.jpg

Wow, that's amazing.

Doesn't quite look like him, but given that I don't really want an Obi-Wan head, this is perfect for me.

Keep at it though, you're getting close!

Doesn't quite look like him, but given that I don't really want an Obi-Wan head, this is perfect for me.

Keep at it though, you're getting close!

Hey thanks! I'm still tinkering, but I'm afraid I can only do so much.

Right now I'm still bounded by the original place of the eyes. Do you know if it's possible to move these, including the eyelids? Or would this break the head?

I wouldn't move the original trimeshes, as they are basically the bones. Create copies and offset them, then make them children of the originals. Make sure you move their pivots to the same location as the originals.

Hey thanks! I'm still tinkering, but I'm afraid I can only do so much.

Right now I'm still bounded by the original place of the eyes. Do you know if it's possible to move these, including the eyelids? Or would this break the head?

Lol, more tan skin?