Sign in to follow this  
TheEcho

Steam version still crashing on me during the cutscenes.

I recently bought the Steam version of Kotor 2 after hearing of the new updates and patch. Well, I was pretty disappointed to learn that that widescreen still isn't working for me. It only seems to crash on me during the movies. Otherwise, the actual game itself runs pretty good in widescreen. But I pretty much have to play it in windowed mode in order for the game to not crash. Every time I try to play not in windowed mode, the game crashes as soon as a movie plays. If it's not in windowed mode when I start, the game doesn't even make it past the intro movies and crashes almost immediately. My resolution is 1366x768 but I've even lowered it in-game in hopes I could play it without it being windowed but no luck. 

After experiencing these sort of hassles with the first KoToR(also off Steam) I'm a little frustrated. Especially after hearing I wouldn't have to jump through any hoops to get the game to run widescreen. Any ideas?

Right-click the TSL .exe file, select Settings, go to Compability and check "Deactivate Visual Designs", "Desktop..." and "Deactivate high DPI scaling" or whatever they are called in english. That fixed all movie crashes in the first KotOR for me and I assume it'll also work for TSL.

But reporting it on the Steam forums also seems like a good idea.