It appears that windows has done it again.  A few days ago I updated my computer to windows 10 (it had previously been on windows 8) and have only just discovered that SWKOTOR is apparently incompatible with it.  (Kotor 2 Works fine with it though.  Perhaps it's the restored content mod.) You'll get to the start menu and as soon as you start playing (whether it is directly loading a game or starting a new one) the game will crash and give the annoying "[insert thing here] has stopped working." message, where the only option they give you is to end the program.  I had mods installed, but I know it's not them because I uninstalled them and the game still did the same thing.  I'm hoping an update can get released that fixes it, but in the meantime, anyone know how to fix it manually?  Layman's terms, please, my grandma knows more about computers than me.

Layman's terms, Windows suuuuuuuucks!

I know, that wasn't very helpful. Windows 10 was just released though. I'd be surprised if anyone has a solution yet.

*shrug*  Hey, some people work fast.  Like really fast.  For example, this one youtuber I watch, gopher, was let's playing Fallout: New Vegas, and he said a good mod idea would be a mod that replaces the sound that the robotic companion, ED-E, made when he went into combat with flight of the Valkyries.  Like an hour after he posted the video, the "Flight of the valkED-E" mod came out, which did just that.

It appears that windows has done it again.  A few days ago I updated my computer to windows 10 (it had previously been on windows 8) and have only just discovered that SWKOTOR is apparently incompatible with it.  (Kotor 2 Works fine with it though.  Perhaps it's the restored content mod.) You'll get to the start menu and as soon as you start playing (whether it is directly loading a game or starting a new one) the game will crash and give the annoying "[insert thing here] has stopped working." message, where the only option they give you is to end the program.  I had mods installed, but I know it's not them because I uninstalled them and the game still did the same thing.  I'm hoping an update can get released that fixes it, but in the meantime, anyone know how to fix it manually?  Layman's terms, please, my grandma knows more about computers than me.

Just go back to windows 8 like I did

Kotor 1 can often crash if it is not launched at least once before installing mods so try the following:

Install Kotor, launch game, create character wait for movies to finish then quit and try mods. 

If it crashes disable movies and try again.

If this still fails to work let me know

Had a similar problem to you's guys where my games like SWTOR, Battlefront II & KOTOR I kept crashing when I upgraded to windows 10, friend of mine had the xact same problem. So I decided to have it changed back to Windows 8 and now everything works fine as it did before. Have these issue's been fixed with windows 10 yet? lol 

Had a similar problem to you's guys where my games like SWTOR, Battlefront II & KOTOR I kept crashing when I upgraded to windows 10, friend of mine had the xact same problem. So I decided to have it changed back to Windows 8 and now everything works fine as it did before. Have these issue's been fixed with windows 10 yet? lol 

I have had windows 10 for a long while now.

I have only had one game not work, and that was because it had not been released yet and my antivirus did not agree with it.

• Like 1

I have had windows 10 for a long while now.

I have only had one game not work, and that was because it had not been released yet and my antivirus did not agree with it.

Thats Fairo aha, I'll probably end up upgrading back to windows 10 at some point :)