Fair Strides

Voice Actors/Actresses Needed -- Scrapyard Games

A long time ago back on Lucasforums, over at Holowan Labs, two of the brightest minds in KotOR Modding teamed up on a project called Scrapyard Games. The old fossils among you who remember the project are likely on the edge of your seats, but settle down.

This mod was thought up by Quanon and Glovemaster (nowadays known as Groovy Carrot) and was a TSL mod with a simple premise: a bit of fun and sport for those wanting a challenge. This mod has a fun cantina, a big hangar, a GM and an arena. The mod was worked on until both got busy with other things and Glovemaster had to go off to college and was forced to give up modding because of that.

I've since been approached to resume work on this mod, so I contacted Quanon to coordinate our efforts between the areas and the content. As it stands, all that is left is a bit of modelling, some minor touch-ups on the content, and then droid audio. That last part is why I'm here...

We need some people who would want to do droid audio similar to how M4-78EP's audio was done (real voices with droid filtering/synthesizing applied to them). The dialog isn't gender-specific, so anyone could apply for the following roles:

Patrol Guard: Patrols the hangar and cantina and is stationed in the Game Master's Lounge. Acts as both security and information kiosk of sorts. Clipped tone, as though not looking for conversation.

Ship Guard: Could be the same audio person as the Patrol Guard. Guards a ship in the hangar and has one or two lines.

Bartender: Standard bartender droid offering you drinks.

Security Droid: Posted in the cantina. Authoritative tone.

Protocol Droid: Same as the Patrol Guard's info, but in a friendlier manner.

Game Master: Droid in charge of the Games. They tell you about the game types and are the way to access the games, as well as reports the results after the game.

Should you wish to audition, please record the lines below for the part you want and PM the results to me with the words "SG Audition - ", where "" is the name of the droid above.

Patrol Guard:
"Awaiting query..."
"This is the Scrapyard Games Station, in orbit around the Hutt world Nal Hutta."
"The requested information has been transferred."

Ship Guard:
"Back away! This is the Barracuda, property of Scrapyard Station."

Bartender:
"May I take your order, sir?"
"We have Juma Juice for 5 credits."

Security Droid:
"Watch out."
"Don't cause trouble."

Protocol Droid:
"How may I be of service?"
"This is the Scrapyard Station, home of the Scrapyard Games dueling event. We are currently orbiting the Hutt homeworld of Nal Hutta."
"To compete in the Games, you need to talk to the Game Master. You can find him in his lounge, through that door in the oorner."

Game Master:
"You have failed to complete the round."
"Ah, it appears we have a new contestant."
"Before I can allow you to participate in any of the Scrapyard Games challenges, I must have you sign this contract."

Should we apply a vocal effect to an audition or just send our raw voice?

I'm sorry, but it seems that I have my slots filled, at least so far.

tjase will be handling the bartender and a protocol droid, and Rece will be doing the security droids and the Baracuda Guard. And we have a female lined up as well (hopefully that one works out.).

If you're female, would you perhaps try the Game Master's lines?

An extra line:

"By signing this contract I am acknowledging that Scrapyard Games is not responsible for any loss of limb or motor; life or battery; for organics, any psychological damage; and for droids, any damage to their core or other central processing unit, memory core or behaviour core."

For the time being, I need to go over the auditions that I have and discuss it with Quanon. So I will not need any more auditions at this time.

Sorry if you have an interest, but PM or email me in case you want to help out on a future project, please. :)

For the time being, I need to go over the auditions that I have and discuss it with Quanon. So I will not need any more auditions at this time.

Sorry if you have an interest, but PM or email me in case you want to help out on a future project, please. :D

have you ever thought about using text-to-speech for the droids?