TheDarkChocolateJedi

Name your favorite game that isn't Star Wars!

Basically people this forum post is as the name sounds, name your favorite game (or games) of all time but they cannot be Star Wars related! If I had to pick my favorite game that isn't Star Wars related I'd say call of duty 2. Just typing that was a trip down nostalgia lane :)

Call of Duty 4. I still play it every single day. Been playing it since it came out in 2007. If you guys have it on the computer, tell me and I will show you all the best servers around on the game :) (I'm an admin on them as well) and they were ranked the top servers in the game.

i'm restricted to 1? :(

My all time favorite, age of empires 3

And more in no order

R.U.S.E.

Age of empires 2

Pirates of the Caribbean by Bethsodea "yes they made the first POTC video game, very loosely close to the actual movies"

Minecraft

Call of duty "anything before black op II, after that it became Halo Parody"

Red Dead Redemption

World of tanks

If I had to pick 1 it'd have to be Halo 2 (the original xbox version from 04). Been playing that ever since it came out and haven't stopped for more than a week at a time. PC version was nonsense but all I had when they shut the servers down (outside of lan) and even though Master Chief Collection is a buggy broken abormanation of it, at least I can play it online again with a decent population and I'm very happy about that. Like TSL, it is broken in many ways since it was rushed, but in h2's case the glitches enhance the gameplay and there is just something about that game that makes me really happy.
Really hard to pick a single game though, so I'll follow Black_Rogue's example and list some others in no particular order:

Shadowrun (360 fps)
Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy
Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid Series
Final Fantasy VI, VII and X
Halo: CE (f×ck 3 and everything after)
1st two Generations of Pokemon Games, childhood nostalgia and all that
Jade Empire
Chrono Trigger
Starcraft Brood War and Starcraft 2

Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy

Final Fantasy VII and X

Halo: CE (f×ck 3 and everything after)

Jade Empire

Yay, someone else likes them! :D I just bought the FF X/X-2 HD Remaster, but I'm waiting on the PS3 to show up... :(

Yay, someone else likes them! :D I just bought the FF X/X-2 HD Remaster, but I'm waiting on the PS3 to show up... :(

:)

Always cool to see someone with a good taste in games. I just ordered a new copy of Jade Empire to play through again as I lost mine, can't wait for it to arrive. Probably the last Bioware game I really enjoyed.

I haven't finished X2 HD yet, but X HD was a blast. They did a great job with the textures, especially the enviroments are so much more beautiful. Some say the party faces are too different from the original, but I don't mind much. 60fps also feels great.

:D

Always cool to see someone with a good taste in games. I just ordered a new copy of Jade Empire to play through again as I lost mine, can't wait for it to arrive. Probably the last Bioware game I really enjoyed.

I haven't finished X2 HD yet, but X HD was a blast. They did a great job with the textures, especially the enviroments are so much more beautiful. Some say the party faces are too different from the original, but I don't mind much. 60fps also feels great.

Ah yes...

I've only played the NTSC (US) versions of the games, so I haven't seen the International content yet. :)

And I was halfway through reading a review of it when my brother said, "Oh just go ahead and get it!" :D And then I showed him the SD-HD half-screen comparison video that Gamestop had up...

Ah yes...

I've only played the NTSC (US) versions of the games, so I haven't seen the International content yet. :D

And I was halfway through reading a review of it when my brother said, "Oh just go ahead and get it!" :D And then I showed him the SD-HD half-screen comparison video that Gamestop had up...

Well I'd trade having those 30 fps from the NTSC Version over the international content any day, pal50 sucks so much. More so for games like SSB Melee or Halo CE than this one, but all PAL 50 games feel kinda "slow mo" to me. Expert Sphere grid is pretty damn nice though, really makes it worth it to play through it several times, dark aeons are nice bosses for the end game I guess. For X2 the changes aren't nearly as game changing imo, I never liked the hole pokemon create farm stuff anyway, last mission is pretty nice though. I also enjoyed the little cutscene they did for HD that creates a bridge between X and X2.

X is one of the few RPGS that really drew me into it's world and made addicted 24/7, I even shed a tear at the end, hell I still did when I played through the HD version. Such a well made game, and imo it aged pretty well. But then again I really love the PS2/ XBox/Gamecube generation 3D graphic style of less details and polygons, so maybe for others it looks old and ugly today.

A lot of good games I could put on here, but these in particular have had a lasting impact on me.

Chrono Cross

Mass Effect 2

Fable 2

Ocarina of Time

Xenoblade Chronicles

Dragon Age: Origins

Chrono Trigger

To name a few.

These are all awesome games, but my favorite game of all time will most likely be fallout 3 as soon as I buy it, I will get hooked to that thing and the hook won't let go... Again I said most likely it looks highly addicting. And addicting is my favorite kind of game :)

Jade Empire

Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines

The Elder Scrolls 3,4,5

Civilization IV

No One Lives Forever 1,2

@Red Hessian Ah, yes Freelancer. :) After seeing gameplay and some story I tried to find a copy, but unfortunately, it is as rare as diamonds. Would have loved to mod few of its textures, but it still holds up surprisingly well.

For me Half-life 2 is one of my favorites that I frankly never expected it to be.

It has basically everything I like about games: good story, good atmosphere, surprising enemy types, a wide variety of gameplay environments, and lastly a FULL PHYSICS BASED portion that allowed me to really get immersed in the game world.

After playing the first few parts and experiencing the combinations of graphics, wry humor, and attention to detail, I was hooked.

In no particular order:

Civilization 2 to V

FIFA 2010

Diablo 1 and 2

Torchlight 1 and 2

Grand Prix 3

Among others.

Dark Souls: I bought my PS3 solely for that game and I think I'll get a PS4 when dark souls 3 comes out. Has an original approach to online play, simple yet effective combat system, difficult but rewarding gameplay and some beautiful scenery to top it off.

Digimon World: Theirs something about "raise em up"? type games that I love. basically you train your digimon and based on its stats and how you treat it affects what it evolves into. then roam the world and beat up others till they see things your way and are willing to work in your city.

Minecraft: Who doesn't like to build stuff? Loved lego as a kid now I have Minecraft.

I can't name a favorite game off-hand, but I'll mention what my next game that I will play and finish will be.

Planescape Torment which I not only have purchased from GOG but even have the big box version of it that someone gave me long, long ago.  Don't worry - I will be installing the fixes and upgrades from this list. Planescape's lead designer is Chris Avellone - and folks around here know who that guy is.  ;)

• Like 1

There are so many games I enjoy that I can't simply choose a favorite. So instead I'm just going to list a bunch of games I really like.

Mass Effect

Halo 2

Halo 3

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Mass Effect 2

Fallout: New Vegas

Skyrim

Halo: CE

Call of Duty 4

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

God of War

Spartan: Total Warrior

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2006)

Guest R2-X2

I really like Age of Empires 2 and play it competitively online. :D

Then I also like Civ3 a lot and Minecraft used to have some charm (and with sick shaders it's still kind of nice).

My newest "top game" is Mass Effect, which I finished 2 days ago. (Part 1.) Found Saren's ending highly disturbing though.

There's a lot of games which I really like, so choosing a favorite is quite difficult. So I'll just list some of them:

FallOut 1&2

The Witcher series (if you want to try it, by the God, READ THE BOOKS FIRST, or you'll miss A LOT of fun)

StarCraft (both of them)

Freelancer

Resident Evil

Deus Ex

Not exactly games, but I enjoy playing with them ;-) :

3DS Max

Photoshop

There's a lot of games which I really like, so choosing a favorite is quite difficult. So I'll just list some of them:

FallOut 1&2

The Witcher series (if you want to try it, by the God, READ THE BOOKS FIRST, or you'll miss A LOT of fun)

StarCraft (both of them)

Freelancer

Resident Evil

Deus Ex

Not exactly games, but I enjoy playing with them ;-) :

3DS Max

Photoshop

Interesting, you like fallout 1 and 2 more than 3 and new vegas? Wow I have never heard that before congrats! Is fallout 1 and 2 worth trying? I mean it doesn't look very good but I could be wrong.