Jorak Uln

SKIN:ENDAR SPIRE Complete Overhaul

That's ok, I get that. That's why I'm posting- to inform you that you can losslessly compress your archives so that the download size is drastically reduced, saving users time and Deadly Stream bandwidth.

If you want to prove to yourself how this works, compare the checksums of a pre-compressed file to the extracted version. Try this software: https://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility/

Also, if you're interested in 7zip, here's the link: http://www.7-zip.org/

Hey there, love this mod and just did my first new character with it but I noticed something strange. It seems that any door that actually heads to another location is slightly see through as in being able to see into the next room. Is that intentional because the video didn't show that unless I missed it. I just wondered if it might be a weird file I should reinstall or something. I did exactly what instructions said and batch processed with xnview.

Thanks! It is very beautiful and well done!

Hey there, love this mod and just did my first new character with it but I noticed something strange. It seems that any door that actually heads to another location is slightly see through as in being able to see into the next room. Is that intentional because the video didn't show that unless I missed it. I just wondered if it might be a weird file I should reinstall or something. I did exactly what instructions said and batch processed with xnview.

Thanks! It is very beautiful and well done!

Thanks! Glad you guys like my work!

to your question: 

No, transparent doors are definitely not intentional. So can you take a look into your Override folder - there should be 2 files: 

LHR_dor01.tga and LHR_dor02.tga = door textures.

Most importantly you should have 2 txi files as well:

LHR_dor01.txi and LHR_dor02.txi = these files determinate  the specific cubemap, a layer under the textures that gives that shiny effect.

So in both txi files you should have the line envmaptexture CM_baremetal.

Further there should be a file CM_baremetal.tga and CM_baremetal.txi in your Override folder as well.

Weird it looks like the txi file with those listings aren't there. I will download the txi files and repaste them and see if they show up.

Edit: Repasting fixed it and they look great! Thanks for the quick response and wonderful job on the textures!

The Endar Spire has never been this beautiful.

My only suggestion is to revert the color of the footlockers to their original white (or very similar). 

This because, while on the Endar Spire the dark color might be fine, in other places where we find footlockers they would blend against the dark environment. I am specifically thinking of Manaan underwater but also the Sith base. 

The Endar Spire has never been this beautiful.

My only suggestion is to revert the color of the footlockers to their original white (or very similar). 

This because, while on the Endar Spire the dark color might be fine, in other places where we find footlockers they would blend against the dark environment. I am specifically thinking of Manaan underwater but also the Sith base. 

Hmm. The footlockers are using cubemap lights for more glow, so these would be recognizable especially in dark environments - but since i'm busy with the TSL texturing, i might think of a improved TSL version; though i cant promise anything since i barely have time to finish all  the different Overhaul projects. 

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I used Snigaroo's guide this time, vanilla build. All of the reskins have been money, include this one.

Very nice work, thank you!

When it comes to your other mods, the Manaan overhaul and the Sith Bases overhaul, can one get all three mods to work at the same time or is it best to just disable the Endar Spire mod after you get off the Endar Spire and enable the Sith Bases mod, or is there a way to enable all three despite the files conflicting in the override folder?

Hi Jorak,

I've been braking my head over trying to get this to work along with all the other complete overhauls that you've released but i seem to be having bugged storage boxes and panels. I've followed all the instructions that you've uploaded and tried various versions of XnView as mention in the previous posts but to no avail. Could you please help me? I'm really curious to try your mod out but and the screenshots you've posted are great! Anyways thanks for the lovely work and keeping KOTOR modding alive!

Sorry for the trouble...

swkotor 2020-08-16 19-23-19.png

swkotor 2020-08-16 19-25-47.png

On 8/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, ashnam46 said:

Hi Jorak,

I've been braking my head over trying to get this to work along with all the other complete overhauls that you've released but i seem to be having bugged storage boxes and panels. I've followed all the instructions that you've uploaded and tried various versions of XnView as mention in the previous posts but to no avail. Could you please help me? I'm really curious to try your mod out but and the screenshots you've posted are great! Anyways thanks for the lovely work and keeping KOTOR modding alive!

Sorry for the trouble...

swkotor 2020-08-16 19-23-19.png

swkotor 2020-08-16 19-25-47.png

No need to apologize! Glad you like my work. The footlocker & panel seems to use a totally different texture than mine. Can you check the PLC_CompPnl & PLC_FootLker if its using a txi file?

If so, then delete the .txi and check again.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:02 AM, Jorak Uln said:

No need to apologize! Glad you like my work. The footlocker & panel seems to use a totally different texture than mine. Can you check the PLC_CompPnl & PLC_FootLker if its using a txi file?

If so, then delete the .txi and check again.

That worked! I Deleted 2 .tpc files with the same name which were also in the folder and installed your files again. They look awesome! Thanks!

Hello Jorak Uln!

I have been revisiting my KotOR game recently and the Endar Spire as well of course. I have this modification of yours installed but it seems I am having some issues with some textures. Namely the m01aa_01a_lmX.tga textures (with X ranging from 0 to 9).

What happens is that some of these textures cause some objects to have odd colors (see attached pictures) like the couch and some of the rooms' panels. 

The image viewer I use to open those textures (including XnView) do not show any kind of image or just a white dot so I don't know if this is the cause or if it is supposed to be like that. But if I remove some of those textures things are alright (pictures 3 and 4).

Any advice?

Thanks!

White1.jpg

White2.jpg

Star Wars_ Knights of the Old Republic 2022-03-13 21_10_25.png

Star Wars_ Knights of the Old Republic 2022-03-13 21_10_31.png