If, and only if for some reason, another new version will be released, would you consider incorporating this mod into it?

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1204-male-sith-archaeologist-restoration/

I'm still surprised that I just now heard this. It's completely fits the bill to be considered restored content.

I also have more Kotor 1 mods that fits the bill to be considered restored content.

If Fair Strides or a K1R developer would like to use my mods please feel free to give a PM and we may discuss those mods and I can explain what makes my mods restored content.

does someone still "works" on this project at all ?

This patch is really great  !

What about Unofficial Patch for KOTOR 1 1.01  ? Is this other mod incompatible with Kotor 1 restoration  ?

does someone still "works" on this project at all ?

This patch is really great  !

What about Unofficial Patch for KOTOR 1 1.01  ? Is this other mod incompatible with Kotor 1 restoration  ?

If you're referring to this mod compilation by A Future Pilot, it says it's unfortunately incompatible, though I haven't played with both to test how problematic it'd be

I posted it as incompatible because I haven't been able to test it (and probably won't be able to for some time due to IRL stuff), however they SHOULD be compatible. If someone wants to test it out for me, I'll definitely update the Unofficial Patch's page to reflect that it's compatible.

On 2/16/2018 at 10:01 AM, N-DReW25 said:

I also have more Kotor 1 mods that fits the bill to be considered restored content.

It would be vey nice if you would share the mods with us.🙏👍

14 hours ago, HeinzBraun said:

It would be vey nice if you would share the mods with us.🙏👍

I've already have done that. Check out the mods I've made, there is plenty in their that I find would go perfectly with K1R.

I have searched everywhere but i still haven't found a solution.

Im on Windows 7 with the GoG version of the game, have taken ownership of the game's installation folder, made sure read only is off, run the installer as administrator, uninstalled and installed the game clean several times and the installation still breaks with this message.

• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Users\Myname\Desktop\KotOR 1 Restoration-54-1-2\K1R_1.2\k1r_paztourney_tmp\enter_paz.ncs". Access is denied (0)

Im honestly at my wits end with this thing, which is a shame cause i really wanted to try out this mod.

EDIT

Not sure if it has something to do with it but i figured out my computer is a 32 bit machine so i tried moving the installation folder on my windows 10 64 bit laptop and it installed completely fine, i'm in the process of moving the modded folder back to my other computer.

So maybe the installer has issues with 32 bits systems? Who knows.
Either that or the installer just dislikes Windows 7.

Edited by Ranma

Does anyone know which files control the Sith Armor quest? That's more or less the only thing I really want from the mod.

8 hours ago, Jkeat18 said:

it won't let me download the file it says it has no associated apps. please help:(

Get 7-Zip, because it's a .7z file (that program's own format) instead of a .zip file.
https://www.7-zip.org/

For some reason I can not install the mod. If I start the installer I can choose from the varions mod options. If I pick the main mod an hit select the window closes but nothing happens. The installer image is still in my taskbar but I cant reopen the programm. Any idea what I could do?

As I am having the same problem with BOSSR it seems like I am having a general problem with TSL Patcher.

EDIT1: Found a solution. WIll leave it here in case somebody runs into the same problem. Hover over the taskbar icon with your mouse. Hit ALT+SPACE. Then click maximize.

EDIT2: Is there any female Bastila Romance Mod that works with K1R and BOSSR?

Edited by Canderous89

Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Users\Myname\Downloads\KoTOR\K1R_1.2\manm26aa_tmp\arrest_player_01.utw". Access is denied (0)

Seems this kind of problem is common. Anyone can tell me anything I can do to solve this problem and install the mod?

I use Steam version KoTOR, Win 10.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, deltametal141 said:

I use Steam version KoTOR, Win 10.

Do you have GOG? I've had minimal problems modding Kotor on there (Steam isn't 100% mod friendly for older games from my experience)

Edited by Gaak78

On 5/17/2020 at 2:51 AM, Gaak78 said:

Do you have GOG? I've had minimal problems modding Kotor on there (Steam isn't 100% mod friendly for older games from my experience)

Nope. And I bought Steam version because at that time (likely 2017) both KoTOR Steam versions had newest patch.

Edited by deltametal141

I don't think the version of the base game matters for this particular issue, because TSLpatcher is trying to create the temporary folder and file in the K1R directory, not KOTOR's own directory. I've had the same issue trying to install for the Best of PC version. It's some sort of stupid conflict with Windows' security arbitrarily treating the directory K1R was extracted to as Read Only in the middle of installation. The solution seems to be "Run as admin and hope for the best"

So... The last time I tried installing K1R, it broke the ability to load save files. This time around it didn't happen. I don't know if I just got unlucky during the previous try, or if there was something corrupted in the swkotor.exe that installing K1R broke even worse (in between, I overwrote the swkotor.exe installed from the CD with the editable version because after installing Kainzorus' Clone Armors mod I was having an annoying bug - the main character getting stuck in place after ending combat or examining a container - that I hadn't run into before installing that and kept having to save and reload to fix, and hadn't run into the bug again yet after the executable replacement).