that will never happen, at least not for years and years and years.  it looks like that planet was abandoned v early on, so theres not much content to "restore" rather than just to "create."  the modules you can walk thru look pretty empty.

Then you might want to check out this...

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2887-coming-soon-sleheyron/

So, were the major glitches people reported fixed? I've been waiting for them to be ironed out before going in deep with the Overhaul compatibility patch.

So far, it seems like we've fixed all the major issues.

Still some tidying up to do in the Vulkar Base and other places (just minor things, like making  a door inaccessible while still being able to select it) and besides that, I'm actually just currently thinking that people haven't gotten very far.

In all honesty, the lack of bug reports is scaring me. :P

I found this on Gamefaqs, concerning the vanilla game. 

Bugs Still in Program (after 1.03 patch):

* On Dantooine, if you persuade Matales and Sandrals to quit feuding, after
rescuing Shen, speak to Rahasia again and watch a new set of fathers and
droids appear as you repeat scene.
* On Leviathan, do not operate computer console with a character in stealth
mode or with shield operating--the game will freeze.
* When changing equipment on team members while onboard Ebon Hawk, it may
seem that some items are being duplicated (shows in inventory and still
on the person), but it actually is not. That item will disappear off that
person later.
* On Ebon Hawk, when looking at character stats, their DC will not show
equipment bonuses.
* If you have erratic character movement, try turning off V-synch in Video
options. Also make sure you have the latest video drivers for your video
card.

Have these bugs been addressed?

I found this on Gamefaqs, concerning the vanilla game. 

Bugs Still in Program (after 1.03 patch):

* On Dantooine, if you persuade Matales and Sandrals to quit feuding, after

rescuing Shen, speak to Rahasia again and watch a new set of fathers and

droids appear as you repeat scene.

* On Leviathan, do not operate computer console with a character in stealth

mode or with shield operating--the game will freeze.

* When changing equipment on team members while onboard Ebon Hawk, it may

seem that some items are being duplicated (shows in inventory and still

on the person), but it actually is not. That item will disappear off that

person later.

* On Ebon Hawk, when looking at character stats, their DC will not show

equipment bonuses.

* If you have erratic character movement, try turning off V-synch in Video

options. Also make sure you have the latest video drivers for your video

card.

Have these bugs been addressed?

First thing would be confirming these bugs before fixing them. And all but the first two sound like ones that we can't touch via modding, since they have to do with the interface and it's operations rather than the game's files...

First thing would be confirming these bugs before fixing them. And all but the first two sound like ones that we can't touch via modding, since they have to do with the interface and it's operations rather than the game's files...

& I can tell you that third one is a vanilla bug for certain- also the game is prone to crashing on that particular part of the Leviathan anyway. 

Unfortunately, some of these are due to the engine and its idiosyncrasies. They wouldn't be "bugs" with K1R, and are effectively unrelated to it, with it being a Restoration of what the Bioware originally intended and/ a restoring of cut content.

Second, some of these are nigh-impossible to fix with our current lack of access to the hard-code. (Aside from the first one, maybe.)

The last one is definitely impossible to fix, since it is essentially solved by upgrading driver software. :P

simple question about Restoration install.... i tried many mods. with or without TSL patcher. problem is... EVERY TSL installer worked fine for me except this one for K1 Restoration 1.2

in fact, it did the job regularly only twice... it didnt finish install in about 200 other cases (i didnt count). so question is, why the hell this installer doesnt work properly?

i sent question to Fair Strides with details. here is c/p:

"greetz

Restoration 1.2 installer just doesnt finish regularly..

i always get "Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Users\"user_name"\Desktop\K1R 1.0\k1r_paztourney_tmp\enter_paz.ncs". Access is denied"

i found several posts about that. it said to disable UAC (i did), run as administrator (i did at least hundred of times in various combination of compatibility), checked privilegees on folder where Restoration install is, checked privilegees on kotor game folder, tried to run TSL patcher with all possible combination (xp/packs, vista/packs, 7) but none of these things didnt help... i even uninstalled kotor several times, moved restoration install to some other folder on hdd, even installed from USB memory, but always get the same error...

i have to mention that i already had regularly installed K1R + Ultimate Graphics mod + BOS: Solomons Revenge... all 3 were installed sucessfully and i played it regularly until i got stupid crash of BoS practicaly at the end (when solomon revive kobayashi and finally dies, in next cut scene Shadow is standing with hands on her back and watching Korriban panorama, after sentence "Are you enjoying the view?" my game crashes, tried every possible trick to manage this but nothing helped. so, i cant finish job on Korriban and finally go further to Unknown World and i decided to remove BoS and make new install with some other item/gameplay mods)

now, i just dont know what to do anymore with this TSL installer problem and i cant find any new useful issue how to solve this problem

tnx in advance"

meanwhile, i noticed that installer break operation NOT ON THE SAME FILE.... it looks like more randomly (mostly on files paz_holo_base.utp, paz_holo_1bad.utp, paz_holo_3bad.utp, paz_holo_4bad.utp, paz_holo_5bad.utp....). it is obviously some strange issue with privilegees and accessing temporary files in backup folder, but whole this issue does not make any sence coz this folder structure clearly has ALL access privilegees for ALL users

also... other surplus mods in install (iriaz, manaan sea party, vulkar base, yuhani/jolee).... they all work regularly except Vulkar Base, and i get the same problem with it as with main installation (installer breaks operation also randomly almost every time on different file)

edit...  new "meanwhile"...

main installation finally passed after about 250 runs.... ridiculous.. vulkar base still wont work... so, i logged off and logged in as administrator and vulkar base passed without any problems.... again.... RIDICULOUS... :(

I tried installing this mod on a MacBook Pro running 10.12.1 Beta using CrossOver. installing other smaller mods presented no problem but Restoration 1.2 failed. 

this error message appeared after I had made sure to replace the default dialogue.tlk file. 

• Installation started 10/19/2016 3:19:05 AM...

• Appending strings to TLK file "Z:\Applications\Games.localized\KOTOR\Knights of the Old Republic.app\Contents\KOTOR Data\dialog.tlk"
• dialog.tlk file updated with 760 new entries.
• Installing unmodified files...
• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "Z:\Applications\Games.localized\KOTOR\Knights of the Old Republic.app\Contents\KOTOR Data\streamwaves\k1r_comm24.mp3". Access denied (0)

this error message appeared when I had not altered dialogue.tlk. 

• Installation started 10/19/2016 3:13:10 AM...

• Appending strings to TLK file "Z:\Applications\Games.localized\KOTOR\Knights of the Old Republic.app\Contents\KOTOR Data\dialog.tlk"
• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "Z:\Applications\Games.localized\KOTOR\Knights of the Old Republic.app\Contents\KOTOR Data\dialog.tlk". Access denied (0)

I got these messages on both instances after going back and doing clean installs, without any other mods. again, I did not have a problem adding other TSLPatcher-based mods, only Restoration 1.2. 

I'm sorry for not replying to you originally. When it was posted, I was away from the forums and by the time I was able to get online, it had been long enough that I wasn't sure if you still needed help or had given up on it.

I'm not all that familiar with Mac, but it sounds like you're having access issues. If the Mac has anything of a read-only setting, I'd remove that from the entire unpacked K1R setup and then I'd try running the installer as an administrator if you can. That's usually what gets the best results.

I'm not all that familiar with Mac, but it sounds like you're having access issues. If the Mac has anything of a read-only setting, I'd remove that from the entire unpacked K1R setup and then I'd try running the installer as an administrator if you can. That's usually what gets the best results.

on the thread I created asking for help on the KOTOR subreddit, another user named lethesdonoi asked me to check permissions using Terminal. I did so and verified that, at least, in theory, I should not have any problem with it.

also should say that I have 1) installed Character Startup Changes and walking fix mod on KOTOR 1 without any trouble using TSLPatcher and 2) even installed the Restoration mod a week or so ago (or at least part of it -- hadn't noticed it had more than one part )without any trouble. (I deleted that version of the game, though, because another mod, to change the default Soldier clothes, crashed the game before I even started. then I DL'ed a fresh copy from the App Store.) I could verify that I had successfully added it because the Impossible option appeared in my options settings. 

errr... I hope that all makes sense? 

earlier, thinking that installation might work if I deleted or converted all the MP3 files (the Mac version of KOTOR 1 uses .wav files and ignores .mp3 versions of the same files) but while I got slightly further, that also did not work. 

I meant K1R installer's installog... I don't have Mac myself either, I'm afraid, so I'm trying to figure out there what installs successfully and what does not.

As far as audio files go, though, PC version uses some weird filetype that is technically MP3 but uses .wav extension; that may or may not be true for Mac as well. So did you remove the files and you got further, or did you convert them and you got further? What happened? (There's a slight possibility that you would simply need to rename them from .mp3 to .wav, but then you'd need to change the installation file as well... on the other hand, it could work. I don't know really, since I can't test myself.)

I meant K1R installer's installog... I don't have Mac myself either, I'm afraid, so I'm trying to figure out there what installs successfully and what does not.

all right. I will delete and then reinstall (via CrossOver) and append an installog. 

perhaps I should just converted all the mp3 files in the first place, versus trashing them) worked to a limit extent but I got a message which said (written from memory so possibly not exactly this) "k1command24.mp3 missing" and the installer refused to go further. 

inside the TSLPatcher folder I found another compressed archive also called TSLPatcher, which has nothing but MP3 files. I converted those all to wav. and then compressed the archive in the same format. 

I have the log right here. as you can see, it just sort of went bananas. 

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I'm not familiar with CrossOver and didn't realize it had a log as well. What we need is the installlog.rtf file that should be wherever K1R's TSLPatcher is.

I don't have that. after it failed for the millionth time, I deleted my copy of the Restoration. I have a few important things to do, though, so I will wait until I have done those, then go through the motions with the installation process and put up the log, okay? 

Sir, I must inform you that you are posting in the download thread of a restoration mod for the KotOR game and not on the game's store page or another place where Steam is likely to see your message.

That being said, I can understand your anger and being upset, as it clearly shows a passion for the games and the dedication to put the time in to attempt to make them work.

I would also recommend that you go to GOG.com and look up their copy of KotOR 1 (and 2). These are basically pre-patched (I believe...) versions of the game that are copies of what you'd find as a 4-CD copy from an old game store.

• Like 1