First off I'm glad things were kept civil enough after the first shots were fired, so thank you for that.

Second, in regards to everything that was said, we have no real control over GUI stuff because of the way the GUI is coded and worked into the game. While the idea to use feats was a nice one, the game would have ignored it entirely. About the only way to do this would be to edit any script that launches the workbench and have it unequip all equipped lightsabers, remember who they were equipped to, move them to a known inventory object (like a spawned-in footlocker), show the screen, and then restore the equipment settings and de-spawn the placeable object. Come to think of it, that should actually be possible and it wouldn't even be all that messy, I think. I can run tests on it and check Kaidon's permissions in the meantime.

As to the pathfinding thing, the game truly does have horrible pathfinding, but it doesn't help that everything in the appearance.2da has a "cylinder" of space around it for purposes of determining whether the creature can fit through any gaps and stuff. Either way, you could get around this a bit by warping the creature in question behind you, but then that kind of ruins the point of seeing them walk over to the workbench...

EDIT: According to Kaidon's status update from February 2016, his mods are free-for-all on editing.

Anybody else get a bug with Bao Dur where when u train him to become a Jedi Guardian during the training sequence when you spar with him the bao dur in the garage or storage compartment from the training is still there after the dialogue thus creating two bao durs.

Hopefully this topic is still looked at-

Created/Completed the personal lightsaber quest, got a notification of a new force power, however, there isn't one in my list. In addition, opening up KSE shows the force power from this mod is not even in the list. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, TSLpatcher did not apparently install all the files the first time around. Reran it, was able to add the power to my list through KSE.

Edited by Spectrefox

This mod just wont work at all. It doesnt even appear to work despite the entire install being perfectly fine. Theres no show for schmatic lightsaber mod at the visas and the other two characters screen like it used to and none of the characters have any lightsabers from the mod its just the dumb plain cylinder hilt. I dont know whats going on. TSCLRM and this should be fine and run together but no steam version or not the damn thing wont work anymore. It worked the first time but it would crash my game or something did so i did a complete wipe and reinstall of everything inlcuding the game. Now it no longer works and i dont know what the hell is going on. Im assuming its something to do with the new steam update it had but i use a cracked exe for 1080p and it worked the first time now it doesnt no matter what. Course before that none of my steam mods would even work despite being installed. Nor would any override folder mods work either or tsl patcher mods and some of the tsl patcher mods dont even give the option for install for whatever reason now. Is everything just broken?

4 hours ago, CrpyticSoul said:

This mod just wont work at all. It doesnt even appear to work despite the entire install being perfectly fine. Theres no show for schmatic lightsaber mod at the visas and the other two characters screen like it used to and none of the characters have any lightsabers from the mod its just the dumb plain cylinder hilt. I dont know whats going on. TSCLRM and this should be fine and run together but no steam version or not the damn thing wont work anymore. It worked the first time but it would crash my game or something did so i did a complete wipe and reinstall of everything inlcuding the game. Now it no longer works and i dont know what the hell is going on. Im assuming its something to do with the new steam update it had but i use a cracked exe for 1080p and it worked the first time now it doesnt no matter what. Course before that none of my steam mods would even work despite being installed. Nor would any override folder mods work either or tsl patcher mods and some of the tsl patcher mods dont even give the option for install for whatever reason now. Is everything just broken?

From what I can tell, you have mods from the Steam Workshop plus override/TSLPatcher mods? Are these patcher mods installed into Override or the Steam Workshop files? 

One thing I can recommend is stop using the Workshop all together, while a TSLPatcher is designed to merge your mods so that they work the Steam Workshop doesn't do that meaning you could have two mods installed which is breaking everything. Plus, if you install an Override/TSLPatcher mod into the main files with a Steam mod installed that'll break as well as Steam installs its mod in an entirely separate folder than normal mods.

9 hours ago, corvo48 said:

do I need to start a new game or can I use an old save if the save was with TSLRCM?

Can't say for sure, but it looks like it modifies important things. So, I would start with a new game. You might be able to get by with a save early in the game if you haven't visited any worlds, but I'm guessing.

I know, you want to skip Peragus and Telos... No love for the opening game.

12 hours ago, Hank Hill said:

Any possibility of adding this to the steam workshop for kotor 2?

No.

https://deadlystream.com/topic/7321-why-not-to-use-the-steam-workshop/

Hey! Mac user here. I can't use the mod as a result of being incapable of running the .exe which I imagine affects baseitems.2da and dialogue files and such. Is there any way I could get those files seperately so that I can install them manually? This looks like an amazing mod and I would really appreciate the ability to use it. <3

15 hours ago, JoshuaPunong said:

Hey! Mac user here. I can't use the mod as a result of being incapable of running the .exe which I imagine affects baseitems.2da and dialogue files and such. Is there any way I could get those files separately so that I can install them manually? This looks like an amazing mod and I would really appreciate the ability to use it. ❤️

On one hand, the original creator of the mod isn't going to do anything with this.  It's the reason he's allowed permission for anyone to use his mods.  Since that permission was granted, the best place for your to ask for what you want in the Mod Requests section.  Be sure when making your request to point out the fact that Kaidon Jorr's mods can be used but should have any relevant attribution in place.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:05 PM, Def not the sandvich said:

Hi Kaidon Jorn I was wondering what file is the player named lightsaber hilt so I can swap the models for the Hikari and the named hilt.

You could just build yourself an Hikari if you want. 

But if not..

tag and template= quest_sbr_100-109

quest_dbl_100-109

which point to models 100-109 single and double bladed.

• Like 1

Hello. I have been a kotor and kotor II fan for a very long time, but only just now am I playing the game again with the restoration mod, and I'm having a blast. I also recently downloaded and successfully installed a simple reskin mod.

The next mod I'm hoping to install is this one: the SLM mod. Years ago, I played the vanilla kotor II game with a lightsaber mod, and it greatly enhanced the experience. 

But when I attempt to install this mod, I consistently receive the message : invalid game folder specified, dialogue. tlk file not found. 

I have thoroughly read the readme and followed all its instructions, these instructions: For mod compatibility with TSLRCM and M4-78EP using the STEAM VERSION of the game, you will need to install this mod into TSLRCM's Workshop Override Folder, but only after M4-78EP 1.2 (if you plan to use it). Then you may install SLM and the M4-78EP Compatibility Patch. 

I attempt to install the mod in Program files>Steam>Steamapps>workshop>content>208580>1402798020>override. But I receive the same message. I do not know what I am overlooking.

So, I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. The game experience so far has been amazing, but I know with this mod it will be even more so. After all, the Exile was able to create his/her own saber, the other characters need to as well. Currently, I have a ship full of jedi and only 4 lightsabers available, including mine.

Thank you very much in advance for your help. 

the correct path should look like C:Program files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/workshop/content/208580/485537937

It does not go in override. Just the main workshop folder.

if I'm right about the Steam workshop naming conventions, tslrcm has that number for the folder.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, Kaidon Jorn said:

But if not..

quest_dbl_100-109

thanks man. is it as simple as simly swaping the names on the hika files and quest sbr files or do I need to use some sort of modding tool to do it?

Mmmmm no.

I would use kotor tool or kgff to manually switch the model numbers in the .UTI files.

so all the hikari sabers have 100-109 as their model numbers.

then change the quest sabers to have the hikari numbers 120-129

then there's the crystals...if need be. 

Oh...then find the textures for both and rename them the opposites of each other.

1 hour ago, Kaidon Jorn said:

Mmmmm no.

I would use kotor tool or kgff to manually switch the model numbers in the .UTI files.

so all the hikari sabers have 100-109 as their model numbers.

then change the quest sabers to have the hikari numbers 120-129

then there's the crystals...if need be. 

Oh...then find the textures for both and rename them the opposites of each other.

ah, okay.

Edited by Def not the sandvich

On 9/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, Kaidon Jorn said:

But if not..

quest_dbl_100-109

So an Update. I swapped the tag and templates along with the model variations. but I'm not seeing any changes on the actual hilts my character holds. Though they do show up as eachother in the work bench. Is there something I overlooked. Also thanks for all your help so far. I'm still new to the modding scene.

ok hold on. All you should need to do is take the .uti's for the quest saber (single bladed, there are no hikari short or double bladed) and put in model variation 120-129.

The Hikari models are 120-129 so just put those model numbers in the .uti files for the quest sabers. Shouldn't need to mess with tags or templates. Sorry for being confusing I haven't done this in a loooong time.

I'm having difficulty getting this mod to work, I can import the hilts using the KSE, but they don't appear in game in cutscenes?

All I have is TSLRCM and M478EP (i've used the compatibility patch) and a couple of cutscene fixes. I've tried to deliberately keep a more barebones experience. Is it installing to the wrong place? (using the Steam version and selecting the Program Files(x86) root to install it too.

Any help would be appreciated - i've got it to work before, I just can't remember what I did

I'm trying to make compatible this mod and the workbench attunement mod. I've been googling around and even necroed an old thread, maybe that'll work out. Figured I should check here too though. Does anyone know how to do this or can anyone point me in the right direction to learn about this kind of stuff, any help is much appreciated. 

So far I have DL'd a kotor dlg editor and have opened the files in there but I really don't know what to do or how to start, I say again any and all help is appreciated.