21 minutes ago, HDR1 said:

I do have one question, is the party selection screen hard-coded? I ask because it is a bit of a hassle to switch the Handmaiden in/out of the party and it would be great if she was on the party screen. So I was wondering if it is possible to make Handmaiden or Disciple take someone else's place on the party screen? Goto would be the obvious choice since he is by far the least used party member by everyone. Because of this, putting Goto as the character you need to swap via the Partyswap item would be more convienent and it would also make the Handmaiden feel like a "true" party member instead of a droid that is.... well, useless.

I'm not sure how "hard-coded" it is, but it felt like it at the time given my knowledge of the game files - in that you can't add more buttons to the select screen, nor can you change which party slot corresponds to which button. The thing about Handmaiden and Disciple is, although they take up the same physical button on the select screen, they actually inhabit different positions on the table under-the-hood. This is why I first starting looking at potentially just adding another button in the GUI and letting Handmaiden correspond to that. I couldn't much make heads or tails of the GUI files, and I certainly didn't see anything linking the buttons to the actual party table. So that idea flew out the window.

The next approach was to find a way of making Handmaiden take up any other slot on the screen. Sadly, the only place she'd fit without actually replacing another party member, or potential party member, is right where she already is. Then I considered G0-T0, and having him be replaced as a party member in general so Handmaiden could take up his spot, and just letting him be a floating dummy on the player's ship. Here's the problem with that - work. I would have needed to comb through the game, remove every call specifically to G0-T0 (not associated by object tags) in both dialogs and scripts, and also change every call to the Handmaiden (not associated by object tags) for the purpose of putting her in a different place on the party select screen. And for all that work, I'd actually be removing G0-T0's content (which is tied to influence) from the game.

I looked at this and decided it was unfeasible. So, we have the item, because where she is is actually the best place for her. It was a compromise I made that was the best choice all around.

• Thanks 1

I see, so currently it's not known how the party screen placements are determined. I figured if it had been as easy as switching some values (Handmaiden go to party button X instead of button Y) it would have been done. Still, a decade ago having both Disciple and Handmaiden seemed like it would never be possible, but you pulled it off. Maybe someday someone will discover more about the party GUI. I also understand how unfeasible replacing Goto would be, that's way more trouble than its worth.

Thanks for the quick reply and once again, fantastic work on this mod! It's a dream come true for a lot of us who have been playing this game for years.

Hello DarthTyren,

I'd like to inform you of a bug that seems to be caused by your PartySwap mod. Specifically. After you've ...

Spoiler

entered the rebuilt Jedi Enclave on Dantooine and encountered the Jedi Masters, Handmaiden will appear to ask why Kreia did not go to join the Exile in their meeting. Kreia's voice line gets interrupted before it is finished. i.e. "Not it is a battl--".

The issue is repeatable on two different character profiles with polar opposite alignments. Could you check and see if the issue is there for you as well? Beside TSLRCM, I am using Leilukin's Visas Marr and Female Exile Romance mod along with their Handmaiden and Disciple romance mod.

Thank you for your time.

On 4/22/2023 at 1:42 AM, RaztoR said:

I'd like to inform you of a bug that seems to be caused by your PartySwap mod. Specifically. After you've ...

Reveal hidden contents

entered the rebuilt Jedi Enclave on Dantooine and encountered the Jedi Masters, Handmaiden will appear to ask why Kreia did not go to join the Exile in their meeting. Kreia's voice line gets interrupted before it is finished. i.e. "Not it is a battl--".

The issue is repeatable on two different character profiles with polar opposite alignments. Could you check and see if the issue is there for you as well? Beside TSLRCM, I am using Leilukin's Visas Marr and Female Exile Romance mod along with their Handmaiden and Disciple romance mod.

It's possible that your issue was caused by my mod because my mod also modifies the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave sequence. What happened after Kreia's line got interrupted? Did the game stop progressing?

Can you try putting this file in your Override folder and see if it fixes your issue?

650jedi.dlg

Hi Darth Tyren, I wonder why get the cutscene of Atris telling Handmaiden to join when only two mods are installed(TSLRCM and PartySwap), but when entering the Ebon Hawk, the game completely goes black and can't do anything? My installation information does not provide any errors and warnings.

Can someone help me? I really want to play this mod

On 4/23/2023 at 2:38 AM, Leilukin said:

It's possible that your issue was caused by my mod because my mod also modifies the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave sequence. What happened after Kreia's line got interrupted? Did the game stop progressing?

Can you try putting this file in your Override folder and see if it fixes your issue?

650jedi.dlg 604.22 kB · 0 downloads

After Kreia's line get interrupted, the scene will continue as normal. The bug simply acts as a voice-over skip similar to that of left-clicking during a conversation. The file sadly did not do anything to change the outcome of the scene.

I appreciate that you took the time to reach out and assist.

Edited by RaztoR

5 hours ago, RaztoR said:

After Kreia's line get interrupted, the scene will continue as normal. The bug simply acts as a voice-over skip similar to that of left-clicking during a conversation. The file sadly did not do anything to change the outcome of the scene.

If you play TSL with the Aspyr patch, either on Steam or on GOG, dialogue and voice-over skipping can happen randomly. It can be fixed by restarting the game, or reverting the Aspyr patch. However, if even my file doesn't fix it for you, I'm afraid I have no idea why it happened.

17 hours ago, Leilukin said:

If you play TSL with the Aspyr patch, either on Steam or on GOG, dialogue and voice-over skipping can happen randomly. It can be fixed by restarting the game, or reverting the Aspyr patch. However, if even my file doesn't fix it for you, I'm afraid I have no idea why it happened.

That does ring a bell. It has been a while since I played the game using the Aspyr patch. I am running the "legacypc" version on Steam along with Flawless Widescreen and some auxiliary mods that I do not believe to be relevant to the issue at hand. i.e. texture upscalers. However, I may decide to do a more thorough investigation if the issue cannot be replicated elsewhere when the partyswap mod is used either by itself or in tandem with your romance mods. The only other suspect I can think of is the latest TSLRCM version.

On 4/29/2023 at 2:56 PM, RaztoR said:

That does ring a bell. It has been a while since I played the game using the Aspyr patch. I am running the "legacypc" version on Steam along with Flawless Widescreen and some auxiliary mods that I do not believe to be relevant to the issue at hand. i.e. texture upscalers. However, I may decide to do a more thorough investigation if the issue cannot be replicated elsewhere when the partyswap mod is used either by itself or in tandem with your romance mods. The only other suspect I can think of is the latest TSLRCM version.

And updates to RCM that I've yet to account for are likely.

CONFESSION TIME: I've kinda taken a break from KotOR modding and Star Wars in general, as I have far greater pursuits to occupy myself with. I've been doing a lot of writing and playing other games that before I never would have given thought to, not to mention taking my faith far more seriously. Logically, that means certain things would have to fall to the side to make room, and Star Wars ended up being one of those things I lost interest in, something I never thought possible.

This puts the future of the mod in a bit of a pickle: I can't spend much time working on keeping it updated, because that would require sinking hours of productivity into playtesting that I can't commit to anymore. I apologize for my silence and my absence, but only now have I actually gained the courage to say as much. So, though it pains me greatly, and I'll probably regret it in the short-term, after much careful contemplation on the matter, I have to believe this is what's best:

PartySwap is up for adoption.

If you would be interested in taking over future development, send me a DM explaining why you're the right person for the role and what your plans for the mod would be going forward. Why such a fuss? It sounds lame, but this mod is the biggest contribution I've made to the world to date. I don't want to just hand it over and suddenly have it botched and butchered beyond recognition like Disney's Star Wars - so yes, there's a bit of pride here. I feel like I'm handing over my child.

Until next time.

• Sad 1

On 4/30/2023 at 2:56 AM, RaztoR said:

I may decide to do a more thorough investigation if the issue cannot be replicated elsewhere when the partyswap mod is used either by itself or in tandem with your romance mods. The only other suspect I can think of is the latest TSLRCM version.

I just tested PartySwap with the latest version of TSLRCM again with the Aspyr patch on GOG,, both with and without my Handmaiden/Disciple romance mod,and I did not encounter the issue with Kreia's "No. It is a battle she must face alone" line, so I'm afraid I have zero clue on why it happened to you, especially since that line is not the only spliced VO used in either Party Swap and my mod, but apparently you did not encounter such issue with any other dialogue involving Handmaiden.

Hello, firstly i would like to say thanks for amazing mod.

Secondly, i've installed the mod however it gaves me this error (Picture)
I'm using the TSLRCM (English) + M4-78EP (English) in steam workshop.

I don't know it's normal the error or it's because the workshop file. 

EDIT: made a pastebin about the logs here.

image_2023-05-23_000400470.png

Edited by Kelerick

3 hours ago, Kelerick said:

i've installed the mod however it gaves me this error (Picture)
I'm using the TSLRCM (English) + M4-78EP (English) in steam workshop.

I don't know it's normal the error or it's because the workshop file. 

EDIT: made a pastebin about the logs here.

If you are subscribed to the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM and you want to install a different mod that uses TSLPatcher, such as PartySwap, you need to point the TSLPatcher installer to TSLRCM's Steam Workshop folder, not the main KotOR 2 directory. For the TSLRCM + M4-78EP combined Steam Workshop mod, its folder is /\Steam\SteamApps\Workshop\content\208580\1402798020.

Since you have got errors and warnings for not installing PartySwap properly, you will need to do a clean reinstallation of your game, then reinstall PartySwap to ensure the mod is installed correctly.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Leilukin said:

For the TSLRCM + M4-78EP combined Steam Workshop mod, its folder is /\Steam\SteamApps\Workshop\content\208580\1402798020.

Since you have got errors and warnings for not installing PartySwap properly, you will need to do a clean reinstallation of your game, then reinstall PartySwap to ensure the mod is installed correctly.

Thanks for the reply and clarification!

Hello. I'm a first-time player of KOTOR2 and was advised that this was a go-to mod along with the content restorer mod.

I've downloaded it and run the installer, but I had a number of errors pop up. This is not all of them, but it's a chunk. I wanted to know if this should cause any issues.

"• Error: Unable to locate archive "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\Modules\262TEL.mod" to modify or insert file "atriscs3.dlg" into, skipping...
 • Warning: No valid atriscs3.dlg file was opened, skipping...
 • Error: Unable to locate archive "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\Modules\303NAR.mod" to modify or insert file "lootra.dlg" into, skipping...
 • Warning: No valid lootra.dlg file was opened, skipping...
 • Error: Unable to locate archive "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\Modules\402DXN.mod" to modify or insert file "kumus.dlg" into, skipping...
 • Warning: No valid kumus.dlg file was opened, skipping...
 • Error: Unable to locate archive "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\Modules\006EBO.mod" to modify or insert file "visasend.dlg" into, skipping...
 • Warning: No valid visasend.dlg file was opened, skipping...
 • Error: Unable to locate archive "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\Modules\003EBO.mod" to modify or insert file "kredisc3.dlg" into, skipping...
 • Warning: No valid kredisc3.dlg file was opened, skipping...
 • Done. Some changes may have been applied, but 28 errors and 43 warnings were encountered!"

On 2/16/2021 at 4:08 PM, MotleyNerd said:

The install worked alright, no hitches. I'm currently testing a playthrough with a number of mods installed. Still on Peragus, only issue so far is that after almost every combat, the chatacter gets perma-stuck in place.

It's similar to one of the PC bugs I've noticed, where every now and the after fighting or toggling stealth, the character gets stuck. This is easily fixable on PC, as it's a minor issue and you just have to finagle a little in-game and you can move again, but on mobile the movement and controls are much more limited and restrictive, so whatever it is that un-sticks you cannot be done (haven't tested this with stealth yet), so after every combat I have to quicksave and reload. It's gamebreaking, but only in an annoying sense. I'm hoping that switching lead party members fixes this issue, but either way it's an issue. That said, the same issue persists on PC without mods, so this may just be something in need of a general bug fix on mobile.

I'll let you know if I find any issues with PartySwap installed as-is. There may not be a need to modify anything for a mobile build, but that's up to the game and to those more well-versed in coding and mod-making, which includes basically any experience actually coding or making mods.

I've been looking for this since I was informed of this mod on the KotOR subreddit.  I only recently got the game on mobile.  So, did PartySwap work after Peragus?  Did you get both companions?

Alright, here's the big update:

Everyone give a nice, warm welcome to the new manager of PartySwap: @Leilukin!

I'm aware how long I took with this announcement. I sat on this decision for months, but with Leilukin's current activity level in the community and as a modder, as well as her familiarity with the mod and how it works and her vision for the future, there really was no one else this mod could be passed off to.

I want to thank everyone who supported me and PartySwap over the last several years, and even as I step away from modding and Star Wars entirely, I hope you'll join me in wishing Leilukin the best.

For the last time...

Darth Tyren has spoken!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DarthTyren said:

Alright, here's the big update:

Everyone give a nice, warm welcome to the new manager of PartySwap: @Leilukin!

I'm aware how long I took with this announcement. I sat on this decision for months, but with Leilukin's current activity level in the community and as a modder, as well as her familiarity with the mod and how it works and her vision for the future, there really was no one else this mod could be passed off to.

I want to thank everyone who supported me and PartySwap over the last several years, and even as I step away from modding and Star Wars entirely, I hope you'll join me in wishing Leilukin the best.

For the last time...

Darth Tyren has spoken!

Thank you for making PartySwap and trusting me with the management of PartySwap!

9 hours ago, AttilaThePun said:

I've been looking for this since I was informed of this mod on the KotOR subreddit.  I only recently got the game on mobile.  So, did PartySwap work after Peragus?  Did you get both companions?

PartySwap has been included in the KotOR subreddit's KotOR 2 full mobile mod build itself, meaning this mod has been tested to ensure it works on the mobile version of KotOR 2 and TSLRCM, as long as you follow the mod build's instructions to install mods on mobile.

On 6/23/2023 at 2:32 AM, Sticks said:

Hello. I'm a first-time player of KOTOR2 and was advised that this was a go-to mod along with the content restorer mod.

I've downloaded it and run the installer, but I had a number of errors pop up. This is not all of them, but it's a chunk. I wanted to know if this should cause any issues.

You play KotOR 2 on Steam, is that correct? Did you make sure you have installed TSLRCM into the Steam version of your game? Do you see TSLRCM's logo when you launch your game?

• Like 4

As a long time KOTOR 2 player, I was shocked that I haven't found this mod until now. However, no matter what I do this mod just will not work!

I have tried it installed with only TSLRCM 1.8.6 + M4-78 and no matter what, the Handmaiden will not join me on Telos. When I install with the patcher, I get no errors at all. Green clean bill of health. Yet no matter what I do, I cannot even get the first step done.  I am playing off of Steam but I am not using the workshop. I install everything manually to the game directory folder within Steam. I do not use any Mod Managers like Vortex or anything, just TSLPatcher or the installer that comes with TSLRCM.

I am a female exile. I talked with the Handmaiden, had polite responses, even told her to seek me out with future questions. There is no scene where Atris sends her to me, she does not interrupt after my trial to join, she is not in the cargo hold now. Any help would be appreciated.

Right now, I just did a clean restore to vanilla again and have installed TSLRCM 1.8.6, M4-78, and Party Swap. I do have a few side mods that make headgear invisible and change the way some gear look (mining gear, dancer's outfit, Mira's outfit), and an improved Exile armband, but that's basically it. I have not reactivated those while I work on figuring out this mod though. I have a save in the underground facility, on the polar mesa, in the academy before retrieving my party/talking to the Handmaiden, and right before boarding the Hawk from Telos.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

List of other mods (now no longer installed)

- Invisible Headgear

- Peragus Mining Gear 1.01

- Effixian's Dancer's Outfit 1.0.1

- Mira Shirt Edit

- Exile Armband Force Leap

- HD Galaxy Map Icons

Edited by Jikker
Added list of other smaller mods

@Jikker Did you fight the Handmaiden sisters before leaving the Telos secret academy?

If you want to reload your save again to see if you still have issues about Handmaiden not joining your party, you need to reload your save at the polar mesa, before entering the secret academy.

When you tried to restore your game to vanilla state, did you ensure your Override folder was empty? If you have used mods, Steam will not delete every file from the mod even when you uninstall the game through Steam client, so if you want to do a clean reinstallation of the game, after uninstalling the game you need to delete the game's folder before install the game again.

Similarly, even when you are currently not using the Steam Workshop, if you have every used it in your previous playthrough, it is possible that there would be leftover files that interfere with the mods you are currently using, so you need to ensure there is no Steam Workshop folders in your computer (the directory is \Steam\SteamApps\Workshop\) as well.

• I completely deleted my entire KOTOR 2 folder when I restored to vanilla - Override, previous installed files, everything and did a clean install. I know that it can leave files behind which is why I always wipe it
  • I have never used Workshop for KOTOR 2 and this was a clean install anyways on a separate drive (I will check with my partner to see if he has used it in the past before we figured out how terrible Workshop is)
  • I reloaded from before the Polar Mesa and it still failed with no other mods installed except TSLRCM and M4-78
  • I triple checked and all files from the install log show in the Override file and it says it successfully overwrote any existing files

I have just continued the playthrough with the mod sadly as I didn't want to be stuck for long and I'm okay playing with just the Disciple too. I just do not understand why it's not working and other mods do. I'll just clean wipe everything again next playthrough and start from scratch again since it's too late to check now unless I want to go back and redo 1.5 planets (and as much as I love Nar Shaddaa I don't want to go through that whole slog again).