VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

As far as I know, he is not. He does seem to have gained a little experience in manipulating lightmaps lately though.

Can't wait to play this, it is indeed on Malachor V that KOTOR2 ends, and in a very unprofessional manner, you spend the whole game nurturing and training your party members to play it alone. Such game deserves a better ending, good luck in your development.

Can't wait to play this, it is indeed on Malachor V that KOTOR2 ends, and in a very unprofessional manner, you spend the whole game nurturing and training your party members to play it alone. Such game deserves a better ending, good luck in your development.

Have to agree with this. Yesterday i finished for the 2nd time Kotor 2 (this time with the TSLRCM, the first time has been 3-4 years ago) , it already felt a lot better with the TSLRCM! Still the original story has some gaps in it and u really can notice that the end part got really rushed when they "finished" the game. Glad you people pick it up and give it a better improved ending!

I think the best thing to do, since each character has a certain amount of influence, make the decision based off that influence number.

For example, if Visas' influence number is 95% and Brianna's is 5% to 15% then Visas would kill her. Pretty much because no time was spent between the main character and Brianna. The player either hated Brianna, or just didn't explore the interactions possible with Brianna.

The reasoning for this kind of action, would simply be related to the main character. I know that if I were Visas, I wouldn't want to kill someone that my master had developed a 90% influence with, from fear of upsetting him and possibly sealing my own fate.

And I think the open ended game play would be soooo much better. I can't recall how many times I've beaten a game and thought to myself..........well............that's it.....

Can someone validate this link for me? What I'm thinking is you can have everyone except the droids (and maybe the abominable carpet) become force friendly (Jedi/Sith.)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153012 (What I'm asking about is the second post from Achilles about the X>90% or x<10% stuff.)

If this is true, then a way around one of the npc's being killed, is keep the 5%-15% influenced character leveled while keeping the higher influenced character relatively un-leveled.

Guest Bob Ta'aar

well, Achilles is very true in that Walkthrough. The point is, however, that different party-member have a different amount of influence-options. some are very hard to get and some are almost unavoidable. also, if you're not using the Remote-tells-influence mod or something similar, you have no way in knowing the exact influence you have on someone.

well, Achilles is very true in that Walkthrough. The point is, however, that different party-member have a different amount of influence-options. some are very hard to get and some are almost unavoidable. also, if you're not using the Remote-tells-influence mod or something similar, you have no way in knowing the exact influence you have on someone.

How about KSE 3.3.X?

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I left you guys with any updates. It's been a pretty busy holiday season, and along with finishing up classes, working for money and... just other miscellaneous things, it's been hard to get some real solid progress done.

I know how much you guys hate waiting for mods and are scared that they might not be finished, but I can assure you, we are still working. I don't have any screenshots or anything but I CAN say that:

- We've figured out how the Atton/Handmaiden vs. Visas/Disciple scenes are going to play out

- We've figured out how the Trayus Crescent area (as a whole) will play out.

- We've figured out how the party will be saved.

It's just a matter of intense scripting and dialog making to finish up the Trays Crescent module.

What that leaves next though is the Trayus Proving Grounds - which, I'm going to be honest, neither Bead and I have thought about with great depth. Once we get to it, the ideas will come to us, but since we always like community input, here's your chance to participate.

What sort of challenge would you like to see in the Trayus Proving Grounds?

Try to think in terms of puzzles - or at least not all just killing enemies here, there and everywhere.

Share your ideas - we can't use all of them, but even if you're just throwing ideas out, you never know when you'll spark that inspiration in someone.

Man, this was too optimistic of a message.

Depressing news - this mod has been in development for around a year now and it's still not done.

That's better :(

Guest Zhaboka

Maybe a series of keys you have to pick from the remains of special Sith Lords with unique names? The keys could eventually lead you to a final boss with a short cutscene or something of that nature. Although maybe Malachor already has too many bosses...

Guest bendarby24

you some how get the exil to use what he has learned from traya...... put a door that you have to yous the force to open or something :?

Perhaps tie in Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion so you have extra Sith Lord to beat - if you have both installed?

Guest Zhaboka

I just remembered how freaking excited I am for this mod. Keep up the AMAZING work! You all deserve several gold stars. :)

I just remembered how freaking excited I am for this mod. Keep up the AMAZING work! You all deserve several gold stars. :)

How did you manage to forget your excitement?

Guest Zhaboka

I'm not sure. It kind of fell asleep or something.

Guest DH-010

Just a thought about possible Proving Ground content:

Maybe, when entering some room, both doors lock (both behind you and in front of you).

There is some kind of riddle that makes you choose which dead body to loot (out of a set of say five corpses).

If you're wrong, you'll be attacked by a lot of enemies (Sith Assassins decloaking or maybe Hssiss or something). If you're correct, this body contains a keycard (or code) to open the door ahead.

So, if you are bad at solving this riddle, you have to fight a lot of enemies four times, while if you're smart you don't have to fight at all.

Just something that popped in my head... ;)

EDIT (supplement):

Above riddle could maybe also be done with 'switches'. There are some things on the wall which have to Force Push in the correct order. I know these 'switches' have to be an 'enemy' because of the turn-based combat system, but maybe something can be thought of.

I don't know, I'm probably thinking too much in a 'Jedi Knight II' style...

Another thing that came to mind, is that you could have a part where you must fight yourself (a mirror/dark image of yourself), an enemy that shares all your own feats and powers...

But maybe that's too hard and 'boss-like'.

I can really only think of things I that are similar to events in Korriban's tomb (like fighting yourself), but I'll to come up with some more things...

Anyway, just some food for thought!

Hmm, I like your idea about facing yourself... How about something like this: Once the exile clears out the enemies in the meditation room, he has the option of meditating. He awakes and finds a copy of himself standing behind him and they fight. Now whatever the result, the exile awakens from deep meditation (I'd actually have him open his eyes and shiver if it were possible). If he won the fight he would get some bonuses, if not no bonuses. What do you think?

As for the switches, I can't think of a place where I'd put it. When I was decorating Trayus I tried to make every room of some use to the Sith, so a room that is in itself a defense mechanism wouldn't make sense.

Other ideas we've had:

- Storm beast pen cutscene - not many details on this one, I'm sure there are lots of cool things we can do here.

- The training hall - The heart of the Sith teachings, there would be some of the highest ranking Sith lords here (obviously not Sion and Traya). Big fight after the cutscene.

- The Librarian - Someone who knows a bit more about the Sith teachings on Malachor, in the end you'd kill him of course.

None of the above are set, those are just some of the suggestions we've had until now.

If you have a cool idea about any of the above or your own idea, go ahead and share it with us.

My idea would be to be found somewhere the corpse by the Disciple (if one had a high influence on him), because then he would have a good end in the play. With a dark PC and he is likewise dark (high influence or brightly with little influence on him) should pass the possibility to sacrifice him because of me to one of the storm beasts in the academy or during one with Sion fought. This idea goes even if one all the same on which side one stands.

I hope I could bring my idea also in spite of bad English. Many thanks.

Leider kann ich nicht ganz verstehen was du sagen wolltest. Du kannst es auch noch einmal auf Deutsch schrieben, ich denke ich würde es verstehen. Aber ich wollte auch sagen dass Disciple zu der Zeit wenn das Exil dürch die Proving Grounds geht im Gefängnis im Trayus Crescent ist, so wie auch die restlichen Party Members, also können leider keine Ideen die mit denen was zu tun haben funktionieren.

Ich entschuldige mich für mögliche Fehler die ich vielleicht gemacht habe, es ist schon lange her dass ich Deutsch gesprochen habe..

@bead-V: Alright here is this in German and for other in English.

German:

Ich meinte eigentlich wenn Atton gegen Disciple kämpft sollte man später dessen Leiche finden da ich nicht das Gefühl habe das er ein gutes Ende hat.

Das zweite wäre wenn man auf der dunklen Seite steht, später der Schüler dazkommt (nachdem die ganze Gruppe gegen Traya gekämpft hat) und einen begleitet dabei kann man ihn dann ihn opfern wenn es nötig wird.

English:

I meant, actually, if Atton against Disciple fights one should find later his corpse there I the feeling do not have he a good end has. The second one would be if one on the dark side stands, later the Disciple come to me (after the whole group against Traya has fought) and one accompanied, besides one can sacrifice him him when it becomes necessary.

Now I hope this you has understood me what I meant.

Hey all!

I was thinking since Malachor V is about the demons of the Exile,..and why he cut himself off from the Force.

Lets have on the surface of the planet locations where you come across or even fight ghost images of dead Republic and Jedi/padawans who died in the Mando War.

Even if we have a point where the Exile see the bodies in a form of image in the mind projected out around him/her- you hear VOs of the dead saying or reaching out to the PC.. to drill in the pain and horror of the choice to use that mass shadow device.

This is mainly aim to create the mood of the planet and bring in the mental state of the Exile which has been discussed over and over about the connection to Malachor V and the deaths on the Exile's hands.

Logan

Another thing that came to mind, is that you could have a part where you must fight yourself (a mirror/dark image of yourself), an enemy that shares all your own feats and powers...

But maybe that's too hard and 'boss-like'.

Wasn't something like that supposed to happen in the Secret Tomb on Korriban but it was bugged?

Ich meinte eigentlich wenn Atton gegen Disciple kämpft sollte man später dessen Leiche finden da ich nicht das Gefühl habe das er ein gutes Ende hat.

Das zweite wäre wenn man auf der dunklen Seite steht, später der Schüler dazkommt (nachdem die ganze Gruppe gegen Traya gekämpft hat) und einen begleitet dabei kann man ihn dann ihn opfern wenn es nötig wird.

Ja, wenn der Schüler tatsächlich verliert kann man seine Leiche auch finden, aber nicht auf dieser Seite von Trayus. Und was den dazukommenden Schüler angeht, wie ich schon gesagt habe, er sitzt zur Zeit im Gefängnis auf der anderen Seite von Trayus, und kann nicht hier her kommen weil nach dem Kampf mit Kreia die ganze Gruppe gefangen genommen ist.

Well, not a lot comes to mind besides what's already been said, but I 'spose I got an idea for the proving grounds, or not, could be entirely separate too.

How about something like an arena? An endurance round sorta thing. You start off with a few weak opponents, one or two or so. Then as it goes on, more and more opponents come out, and they gradually get stronger. This could be for the Exile, his companions, whatever, it's just an idea.

Can't really think of much else at the moment, maybe The Exile could hear the voices of those he's killed over the journey? Haunted by them so to speak. So, if you're light side, you would hear the voices of those you helped along the way, and those who you killed in the name of good. And if you're dark side, you would hear the voices of those you slaughtered along the way, and those you helped in the name of evil. Maybe it could even be a memory room, like the Sith tomb on Korriban, where you could fight projections of these people. (Somebody mentioned something like this earlier.)

For instance, apparitions of the Jedi masters could be there. And other people who had heavy influences on certain worlds. The HK-50's, the Ithorians, Jana Lorso and her Cerka thugs for Telos for instance. Administrator Adarae, and her gruff general guy whose name escapes me, and Azkhul and his mercenary types for Dantooine. The bounty hunters for Shadaa, the Queen and such for Onderon, and so on and so forth. It would be like you're reliving the memories, but on the other hand, it could be quite redundant to have to face them a second time. So maybe forget this one, it's just an idea.

No more ideas for real this time, I'll check back if I have any more.

Guest DH-010

Hmm, I like your idea about facing yourself... How about something like this: Once the exile clears out the enemies in the meditation room, he has the option of meditating. He awakes and finds a copy of himself standing behind him and they fight. Now whatever the result, the exile awakens from deep meditation (I'd actually have him open his eyes and shiver if it were possible). If he won the fight he would get some bonuses, if not no bonuses. What do you think?

Sounds good, this way you have a 'surprise' effect. That could be nice.

As for the switches, I can't think of a place where I'd put it. When I was decorating Trayus I tried to make every room of some use to the Sith, so a room that is in itself a defense mechanism wouldn't make sense.

Yeah, that would be the problem...

The only logical place (if there is one) would be the first room/corridor in the Proving Grounds, but that's still a bit odd. If you'd have corpses instead of switches like I suggested above that, the location wouldn't matter. It does bring another problem though; why are there corpses lying around?

Hmmm... I admit, it's not perfect...

Other ideas we've had:

- Storm beast pen cutscene - not many details on this one, I'm sure there are lots of cool things we can do here.

I take you have to fight these Storm Beasts? The most straightforward thing I can come up with now is that the Storm Beasts break out of their cages (the cutscene) and start attacking everyone (you and the Sith). Though maybe that's too much like Onderon (at the Starport)...

- The training hall - The heart of the Sith teachings, there would be some of the highest ranking Sith lords here (obviously not Sion and Traya). Big fight after the cutscene.

Heh, if it's possible, I thought about having a short scene where these Sith are surprised to see you there, including a puzzled look on their face("Who are you?!?").

- The Librarian - Someone who knows a bit more about the Sith teachings on Malachor, in the end you'd kill him of course.

(..)

Could be fun, though I think you need some sort of VO for this? Maybe have a droid wander around this library (and no enemies) instead. Besides, I don't think there's any text in the gamefiles for something like this (I don't know), so it might be a large amount of dialogue you'd have to come up with.

Or copy-paste Wookieepedia... (;) of-course)

Wasn't something like that supposed to happen in the Secret Tomb on Korriban but it was bugged?

Yeah, I know...

I think it's the similar setting of both planets, but all I seem to come up with are things that are similar to events in the Korriban Tomb.

The Tomb-fight could maybe be extended though at the Malachor Academy as Korriban's version is very short.

On a side note (in general), is it bad to have events on Malachor slightly reference others on previous planets (like fighting yourself again)? I'm not sure it's a bad thing...