VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Before the other DeadlyStream site went down, I had a pretty lengthy thread about a fairly big Malachor project.

The main goal of the mod is to close up a lot plotholes mainly by creating content and generally making Malachor a bit more interesting... you know considering, it's the END of the game, and an instrumental part in most if not all main characters in the game.

Progress - 45%

Links - Malachor VI

Drop by the site and give us some input or ideas! We have a chatbox!

Zbyl's Trailer

Comparison of TSLRCM's Malachor and Malachor VI's Malachor

Note: Not all content is mentioned in this list. We don't want to ruin the surprise!

Post-Telos:

TSLRCM - Kreia arrives at Malachor, and the Exile is transported directly to Malachor after cutscenes play

MVI - Kreia arrives at Malachor, the Exile and party are transported back to the Ebon Hawk, where the player needs to travel to Malachor manually.

Malachor Surface

TSLRCM - The Exile runs through killing storm beasts, Mira/Hanharr scene introduced. Remote's solo mission plays at a later time.

MVI - Mira/Hanharr scene plays, The Exile runs into the Remote while receiving briefing for his mission.

Malachor Depths

TSLRCM - Mira/Hanharr scene plays out the rest of the way. Remote/G0t0/HK scene plays out.

MVI - Mira/Hanharr scene, Remote/Goto/HK scene is player controlled, Visas and Mandalore walk the surface.

Trayus Core - Party vs. Kreia

TSLRCM - Planning cutscene plays if Mira present, Party confronts Kreia in cutscene

MVI - Planning cutscene plays with Mira or Hanharr, Party confronts Kreia (player controlled), Atton fights Sion

Trayus Academy

TSLRCM - The Exile runs around and kills sith Assassins, Exile fights Sion, Atton fights Sion in similar module

MVI - The Exile kills Sith assassins, Exile must choose the Trayus Crescent or Proving Grounds to go through, Exile fights Sion

Trayus Crescent

TSLRCM - Sith Assasins, Dark Jedi, Sith Troops to kill.

MVI - Party is locked up on this side. If the Exile chooses this side, they can be saved.

Trayus Proving Grounds

TSLRCM - Party is locked up on this side, enemies to kill

MVI - Puzzles to solve, some enemies to kill

Trayus Core - Exile vs. Kreia

TSLRCM - The Exile fights Kreia, hears about party's future, ending cutscenes play

MVI - The Exile fights Kreia, hears about party's future, party escapes Trayus

Post End game:

TSLRCM - The credits play, return to the menu

MVI - Player is allowed to play around after the credits (ending the game will result in traveling to the Unknown regions via galaxy map)

Edited by VarsityPuppet
  • Like 5

I just watched the trailer and... wow! KOTOR 2 really needs this mod to be the completed masterpiece. Thank you, VP ;)

Guest JediKnight24

I'm really looking forward to this mod as well. I was actually thinking recently how the ending of both KOTOR games are just hack-and-slash sessions until you reach the final boss(or bosses in K2's case). Anyway, from what I've seen from zbyl's trailer and the ideas that were discussed in the old thread this seems very promising. Keep up the good work!

Wow, it just amazes me on how much more of this game is fleshed out and how dedicated the fanbase is.

Great trailer.

Wow, it just amazes me on how much more of this game is fleshed out and how dedicated the fanbase is.

Great trailer.

Hi Wolfsite :)

After playing the original, vanilla KOTOR2 and then waiting for years for another team's KOTOR2 restoration to be completed, I'd say that I'm a fan of this mod, certainly but it's the modders and testers here at this site that truely ROCK. Have a great weekend!

well we're trying to add as much VO as possible and keep it from feeling empty, but there's only so much we can do.. don't worry too much though, when I first played through the first few modules I noticed a new feeling, it isn't as empty and unexplained anymore.. so even with not much VO, it'll still be a great improvement..

Also, fairly stupid question, but this IS going to be tslcrm compatible, correct?

Also, fairly stupid question, but this IS going to be tslcrm compatible, correct?

Correct you are, sir. To make a mod that isn't compatible with TSLRCM is sort of guaranteeing a 0 download count.

• Like 2

Guest DarthBane15

Impressive, the additional content looks well thought out, :)

Guest Lex

Hey VP, nice to see that the project's still going.

Did you lose anything important when deadlystream went down?

Edited by Lex

Well, it would have been cool to still have access to the old thread with all the ideas, just in case, but it's not that big of a deal, we'll get by without it.

Guest DH-010

Ask away, maybe one of us here remembers something!

Will do if we ever need anything.. currently we're fine..

Oh, also, we've got help from two more modders who will primarily help us filling up the empty 905 and 906, maybe help with the rest too.. They are newbiemodder and yat (yatsookey)..

Okay, we need audience input, NAO!

After weeks and weeks of continuous working, we're just about done with module 904 (The Trayus Core, and more specifically the Party Planning Scene). After this, chronologically, we reach the point where the Exile enters the Trayus Academy and is faced with 2 decisions:

Save your friends, or get revenge.... hey that rhymes!

Anyways, Bead and I are at each other's figurative throats over how the Atton vs. Disciple and Visas vs. Handmaiden sequences should play out.

A common theme up to this point has been non-Exile character gameplay. That is, that you can play as Mira, Atton... basically any of your party members. However, due to certain gameplay aspects like pacing and player choices, we decided it might be better to go a different direction.

So here's the options we had decided on:

1 - Have the fight be player controlled - Player would take control of either Visas or Disciple and fight Atton or Handmaiden until they's dead.

Pros - More Non-Exile gameplay. Gives player control over party fates through indirect actions (intentionally lose if you want the other person to win).

Cons - Non-Exile choice is biased toward victim (you would play as either Visas/Disciple to kill Handmaiden/Atton.) To have Handmaiden/Atton win, you would have to intentionally lose as Visas/Disciple.

2 - Have the fight not be player controlled - the attacker wins (Atton/Handmaiden) and the Exile walks in to see them over the dead body of his/her rival. The Exile then has to fight Atton/Handmaiden and kill them.

Pros - To simulate real life, the outcome is beyond the player's control. Deaths would create a very tragic tone for the story.

Cons - The outcome is somewhat fixed (Visas/Disciple would always die. To be fair, we assume that Atton/Handmaiden would have received some Sith training from Kreia or the Academy in general, and the player can 'control' the outcome to an extent by influencing party members correctly beforehand.)

3 - Same as above, just with an added option that the attacker loses instead (which would be based on... something I'm sure). Don't know what would happen after that though.

Pros - same as 2, with a bit more variation/choice

Cons - Can't think of a way to determine a winner.

If you have any comments about these ideas or for that matter, any other ideas, please chime in. We are begging for feedback.

The real issue here is choice - both Bead and I generally agree that choice is a must, but on this we disagree. It is true, that once certain things are set in motion, they cannot be stopped (Atton/Handmaiden defecting), but should such a thing always result in Visas/Disciple's death? There are things in TSL's story that happen no matter what, but should this be the case here? While the tragedy of option 2 has a nice effect, part of me also would really want to see what would happen if Visas/Disciple won.

That said, would having the player play as a character he/she possibly doesn't like be a good thing? While it does give indirect choice in choosing your party's fate, is this a good thing?

What it boils down to - from a gaming point of view:

Should the player(not the Exile, the player of the game) have the choice over who lives and who dies?

Edited by VarsityPuppet
  • Like 1

First, definitively. It seams most logical, and natural, concerning that we already have player controlled Atton - Sion fight.

First, definitively. It seams most logical, and natural, concerning that we already have player controlled Atton - Sion fight.

Take into consideration though, that which player would be controlled necesarily? Would you control Visas and kill Handmaiden? Would you be the Handmaiden and kill Visas?

• Like 1

Okay, we need audience input, NAO!

After weeks and weeks of continuous working, we're just about done with module 904 (The Trayus Core, and more specifically the Party Planning Scene). After this, chronologically, we reach the point where the Exile enters the Trayus Academy and is faced with 2 decisions:

Save your friends, or get revenge.... hey that rhymes!

Anyways, Bead and I are at each other's figurative throats over how the Atton vs. Disciple and Visas vs. Handmaiden sequences should play out.

A common theme up to this point has been non-Exile character gameplay. That is, that you can play as Mira, Atton... basically any of your party members. However, due to certain gameplay aspects like pacing and player choices, we decided it might be better to go a different direction.

So here's the options we had decided on:

1 - Have the fight be player controlled - Player would take control of either Visas or Disciple and fight Atton or Handmaiden until they's dead.

2 - Have the fight not be player controlled - the attacker wins (Atton/Handmaiden) and the Exile walks in to see them over the dead body of his/her rival. The Exile then has to fight Atton/Handmaiden and kill them.

3 - Same as above, just with an added option that the attacker loses instead (which would be based on... something I'm sure). Don't know what would happen after that though.

If you have any comments about these ideas or for that matter, any other ideas, please chime in. We are begging for feedback.

I think the first option works, but with the option to choose which party member you control.

I think the first option works, but with the option to choose which party member you control.

Also take into consideration that at this point, Atton and/or Handmaiden would have left the party to prepare for each's respective rival on Malachor. To me, this would indicate that Atton or Handmaiden are no longer party members, but this certainly doesn't have to be the case.

The other question is, what exactly is the best way to 'choose' which character to control? I mean, without 'blatantly' having a 'Choose your player' sequence?

I would not be doing anyone justice if I did not explain the ideas in greater detail. Re-refer to my post for reference. I just want these choices to undergo critical thinking before we make a choice. There are factors in both that are pluses.

• Like 1

Pros - More Non-Exile gameplay. Gives player control over party fates through indirect actions (intentionally lose if you want the other person to win).

Cons - Non-Exile choice is biased toward victim (you would play as either Visas/Disciple to kill Handmaiden/Atton.) To have Handmaiden/Atton win, you would have to intentionally lose as Visas/Disciple.

Pros - To simulate real life, the outcome is beyond the player's control. Deaths would create a very tragic tone for the story.

Cons - The outcome is somewhat fixed (Visas/Disciple would always die. To be fair, we assume that Atton/Handmaiden would have received some Sith training from Kreia or the Academy in general, and the player can 'control' the outcome to an extent by influencing party members correctly beforehand.)

Pros - same as 2, with a bit more variation/choice

Cons - Can't think of a way to determine a winner.

Maybe one thing to note is that when the exile actually enters Trayus,

there will have already been 4 or 5 sequences of non-exile gameplay.. (remote, Atton, Mira, HK, other partymembers)

I don't want that we end up having too much player controlled.

I won't comment on the rest because I'm against two of the options and completely for one of them.