VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Maybe one thing to note is that when the exile actually enters Trayus,

there will have already been 4 or 5 sequences of non-exile gameplay.. (remote, Atton, Mira, HK, other partymembers)

I don't want that we end up having too much player controlled.

Yes, but take into consideration that if Atton leaves you, there will be not be his fight with Sion. So that two situations exclude each other.

Take into consideration though, that which player would be controlled necesarily? Would you control Visas and kill Handmaiden? Would you be the Handmaiden and kill Visas?

Well definitely victim. Because Handmaiden (Atton) betrayed Exile and left his party, so you shouldn't be able to control them since they are on the opposing side now.

Yes, but take into consideration that if Atton leaves you, there will be not be his fight with Sion. So that two situations exclude each other.

While this is true, the same doesn't go for Handmaiden vs Visas.

Well definitely victim. Because Handmaiden (Atton) betrayed Exile and left his party, so you shouldn't be able to control them since they are on the opposing side now.

Yeah, but what if the actual player's intention was to kill off that annoying Disciple? He'd have to fight to lose to achieve that.

Cons - Can't think of a way to determine a winner.

I'm thinking the winner could be the one you have more influence over...

That way you can control the outcome of the fight without taking part, but it's neither random or fixed.

I'm thinking the winner could be the one you have more influence over...

That way you can control the outcome of the fight without taking part, but it's neither random or fixed.

Influence won't work, since the fight only happens if influence with Disciple is greater than the influence with Atton.

What I am wondering is whether there are dialogs in the game files in case the victim wins the fight. If there aren't any, then I think we are stuck with the "victims die" option.

Actually, I've thought about an other possibility : force the player to control Visas/Disciple, and make the fight impossible, like the one against Calo Nord in the Taris Lower City cantina. :(

Sorry for the bad English. ;)

Edited by Rhinoceros

While this is true, the same doesn't go for Handmaiden vs Visas.

Well, I 'm fine with one more non-Exile controlled fight.

Yeah, but what if the actual player's intention was to kill off that annoying Disciple? He'd have to fight to lose to achieve that.

That also doesn't bothers me much.

Edited by Pavijan

Guest DH-010

I'm leaning towards Option 3, where the player does not control the fight but there is a chance for both to win...

I think it will be a better idea, when this scene is a cutscene like Kreia/Sion on Peragus (very cinematic) because of, what you already said before, there would be too much player controlled parts (I'd like to take a break once in awhile) and the outcome is already out of our hands.

Who lives/who dies is trickier though.

Can't this be randomized somehow? I mean, the winner is chosen randomly by the game and is a surprise every time?

Maybe it can be tied to a dialogue option from earlier in the game (I don't mean a new one which says "Atton wins!"), for example in one of the conversations in the Ebon Hawk, if the player chose an option that invoked confidence in him/her that would decide the outcome of a possible fight.

This has to be allowed by available VO though, else I'd go with option 2 and have the attacker win.

Edited by DH-010

I'm gonna give an option ya won't like but...

Well, Malachor V is far in the game -and- the part that we don't do most often. So, if you could give a general comparison between what happens differently in 1.6 than in your mod, that'd do a lot to help us understand all that's change and all that can now be done...

I'm gonna give an option ya won't like but...

Well, Malachor V is far in the game -and- the part that we don't do most often. So, if you could give a general comparison between what happens differently in 1.6 than in your mod, that'd do a lot to help us understand all that's change and all that can now be done...

Will do. I was planning on playing through TSLRCM 1.6 today (hopefully a save game from Dantooine won't mess it all up). I'd quickly reach TSLRCM 1.6 Malachor.

I guess I never really thought about doing this for some reason.. funny, I know :)

• Like 2

I think the fight should not be player controlled, because the player could mess up the opponent's character build on purpose in order to have an easier fight.

Looks interesting, BUT.

"Travel manually to Malachor, or finish up quests." - This may be a bad idea. The plot after Dantooine has urgency and is heading straight towards resolution; to allow otherwise is IMO bad writing. If people want to finish quests, there's nothing stopping them before the meeting with the Jedi Masters.

In one of the screenshots of your mod, I see Visas' line to Mandalore, "I know what it meant for you to accompany me here". Isn't that already used in TSLRCM, on the Ravager? Hm... then again that might be a problem with TSLRCM rather than your mod, as that line makes perhaps less sense on Ravager. Either way, you should probably coordinate with TSLRCM creators so that when the mods are used together, you don't have the same content twice.

Guest DH-010
(..)

"Travel manually to Malachor, or finish up quests." - This may be a bad idea. The plot after Dantooine has urgency and is heading straight towards resolution; to allow otherwise is IMO bad writing. If people want to finish quests, there's nothing stopping them before the meeting with the Jedi Masters.

(..)

I disagree.

Well, on the reasoning, not the plot because I literally can't disagree on that... ;)

First, in KOTOR 1 the plot also had 'urgency and was heading straight towards resolution'. Malak was waiting in the Star Forge for his fleet to finish building. The player could still go to other planets first to complete quests and go to the Star Forge manually. Malak building a fleet to destroy the Republic is of course quite an urgent matter to deal with.

In KOTOR 2 however, Kreia goes to Malachor to wait for the Exile. She doesn't have an elaborate plot to destroy anything (except the Force), unlike Malak. So, I feel a lot less urgency to rush in and kill Kreia. Therefore, it's not a real big deal if you'd just let Kreia sit there for awhile. Also, the ending as it is, is very, very rushed and the player can't control the game anymore after the Jedi Master's meeting while there still is about 5-8 hours of gameplay left. I for one would like a breather in between.

Naturally, I know of Kreia's 'threat' to kill herself if you don't show up, but since we aren't given a timeframe for this, it simply means we just have to show up at all to finish the game.

Looks interesting, BUT.

I refer to DH-010's post as a response to this. Besides, it is cut content, and if I remember correctly, even in Kotor 1 with all of its 'urgency' you still have the option to manually travel to the Star Forge, even if it is the only option at that point.

In one of the screenshots of your mod, I see Visas' line to Mandalore, "I know what it meant for you to accompany me here". Isn't that already used in TSLRCM, on the Ravager? Hm... then again that might be a problem with TSLRCM rather than your mod, as that line makes perhaps less sense on Ravager. Either way, you should probably coordinate with TSLRCM creators so that when the mods are used together, you don't have the same content twice.

The coordination has always been present, if only hidden from public eyes. In fact, this mod uses at least one cutscene that is in TSLRCM. The general consensus of this mod is that it would overwrite TSLRCM files anyways, so we would just have our own Ravager files overwrite the TSLRCM files.

Also, in reference to Atton vs. Disciple and Handmaiden vs. Visas scenes: Bead and I have reached a decision on how to proceed.

The option we chose however, we've decided to reveal it in the mod, so you'll have to wait to find out ;)

We'll keep you updated. It may be time for a screenshot or two.

• Like 1

Regarding "how it was in Kotor 1". Did it occur to anyone that that piece of Kotor 1 was bad writing? ;) Or can Kotor 1 do no wrong.

I'm confused a bit as to what you're referring to by 'bad writing'. I mean, gameplay elements aren't really part of the written plot, and I would consider this "Finish up quests and then travel to Malachor" definitely as a gameplay element. Who cares about the side quests: we know that to end the game, traveling to Malachor has to be done. As far as writing, I usually consider the dialogs as the main writing, as the gameplay in between can vary to so many extents.

Now, in nowhere did we refer to Kotor 1 as a 'perfect game'. I'm sure everyone would like to think so, but after all, it isn't. I, however, try to use Kotor (and the existing Kotor II content) as a reference for how to build new material. I mean, there are things that we get used to: fights after dialogs, computers performing various security routines, which animations to play to indicate certain actions, etc.

That's all I'm saying. If it worked in Kotor1, then all is well.

• Like 1

So, pardon me if this has already been asked, but is there a speculative date for the completion of this mod?

So, pardon me if this has already been asked, but is there a speculative date for the completion of this mod?

To be honest, I've always been pretty optimistic in terms of completion times, always underestimating just how long work might take. Back in December when I started this, I figured February would be around the time it was finished, which was of course, wrong. Right now, I would say December is when it *might* be finished, but as I just said, it may take longer.

• Like 1

Back in December when I started this, I figured February would be around the time it was finished, which was of course, wrong. Right now, I would say December is when it *might* be finished, but as I just said, it may take longer.

I won't hold you to that date. Neither should any one else.

Back in December when I started this, I figured February would be around the time it was finished, which was of course, wrong.

Wow, that was REALLY optimistic =P

My guess would be January/February, but I don't know how things will go now that there are four of us, and I have never worked on a big mod like this, so it still may well be this year..

I won't hold you to that date. Neither should any one else.

Thanks Sith Holocron. These mods sure take a long time to make and perfect.

Wow, that was REALLY optimistic =P

My guess would be January/February, but I don't know how things will go now that there are four of us, and I have never worked on a big mod like this, so it still may well be this year..

December is still a ways away, though I was right about the release date for the Full Force Mod, which was about 1/100th the work amount of this lol. I'd say January/February would be more accurate, but don't hold us to any dates.

Also, do note that we are working on this mod, so it's not like we're throwing out dates at random. I mention this because it tends to happen a lot on other forums with other projects.

• Like 1

Here's a little update for you all, just to let you know we're still working.

Actually, we're on a short break (we've been working on a few cutscenes basically all summer)

attonloses.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Zhaboka

Tee-hee! That's a delightful screenie! I love how you can see the disgusting tips of Scion's cracked and withered fingers at the top right.