VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Player is allowed to play around after the credits (ending the game will result in traveling to the Unknown Regions via galaxy map)

Presumably you mean the galaxy map on the Ebon Hawk. How does the Exile get to the Ebon Hawk if it has fallen into the chasm? Have a new BIK planned to show it's triumphant return?

Presumably you mean the galaxy map on the Ebon Hawk. How does the Exile get to the Ebon Hawk if it has fallen into the chasm? Have a new BIK planned to show it's triumphant return?

It depends on the ending, I think. Obviously if the Ebon Hawk falls into the chasm, the Exile will end the game by leaving the Trayus Core I guess. It fits into our... plan, trust me.

• Like 1

Wow, the comparison is very rough, even more than I expected.. but it's better this way..

Wow, the comparison is very rough, even more than I expected.. but it's better this way..

It's enough so people can get an idea of what we're doing. I'd rather people play it and find out what we did. Just enough to lure 'em in.

• Like 1

Guest DH-010
(..)

Note: Not all content is mentioned in this list. We don't want to ruin the surprise!

(..)

Unless Kreia is your mother or Sion your father, I don't want to know... ;)

Also, it's just a thought, but will you be changing anything about the final battle versus Kreia?

While I always liked this battle in it's design, there's always been one thing that bothered me. When fighting the last stage of the battle the Exile needs to defeat the three floating Lightsabers. Defeating these can be quite difficult, except when you 'exploit' (which is maybe too strong a word) a thing the developers may have overlooked. The Exile can attack Kreia herself during this fight. Because Kreia is very weak at this point, this battle can be over very quickly, as the Lightsabers are also defeated when Kreia falls.

I believe this ruins the battle (and so I never do it this way), but it can maybe be easily fixed. Perhaps you can have Kreia force push you away when you come close, so you'd be forced to fight the Lightsabers?

Again, just a thought, not really a necessity.

Thanks for the list by the way!

Maaaaaan, I can't wait.........With TSLRCM, GenoHaradan Revisioning and Malachor VI mod, the game will be whole!!!!

-The two become one - both Soul Reavers - together - and the Scion of Balance is healed. And I am not your enemy, not your destroyer, I am, as before, your right hand. Your sword.

-No, Raziel - this can't be the way... ( Oh but it is.YEEEAAAAAAAH.. DEADLY STREAM IS THE FUCKIN BESTm/m/m/)

Yes we do plan on modifying the fight with Kreia, especially the last stage of the fight.. Again I'd rather not reveal too much, but I think everything will make sense the way we plan on doing it..

Guest Zhaboka
Maaaaaan, I can't wait.........With TSLRCM, GenoHaradan Revisioning and Malachor VI mod, the game will be whole!!!!

-The two become one - both Soul Reavers - together - and the Scion of Balance is healed. And I am not your enemy, not your destroyer, I am, as before, your right hand. Your sword.

-No, Raziel - this can't be the way... ( Oh but it is.YEEEAAAAAAAH.. DEADLY STREAM IS THE FUCKIN BESTm/m/m/)

I love this post.

Also, I LOVE SURPRISES!!! Whenever you release this, I will be happy!! :D

I love this post.

Also, I LOVE SURPRISES!!! Whenever you release this, I will be happy!! :D

Thanks!!:)

A little update on Malachor VI:

We've been taking a break for awhile. School has started up for Bead-V and I, and a little luck and help from God has flown my way and I ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB NOW! I probably mentioned this already, but yeah.

Along with helping Stoney with some TSLRCM stuff (further TSLRCM stuff ;) ), I've been working on one of my smaller mods, which will hopefully turn out to be awesome.

Last you heard, we were bug testing 904 (which isn't complete, but we don't want to waste time on that one section now) and we moved quickly to some 903 cutscenes. Granted, not all of them are finished, but this allows us to start on one of the mainer points of this mod: repopulation of the Academy and adding some semblance of a puzzle/mission for either side.

As you guys know, we plan to give the Exile the option of either taking revenge on those who've been attacking him/her or saving his/her friends. We've pretty much decided how the "saving friends" side will go, but we're open to suggestions for both. We don't really have any idea what we'll be doing for the 'take revenge' path.

• Like 1

We don't really have any idea what we'll be doing for the 'take revenge' path.

Cool. I'm greatly looking forward to it. I was thinking that if you go down the proving grounds and not save your companions, you could be fighting through the Sith, and as you get closer to your objective, one of them has some sort of device that is linked up to the prison cells that causes some sort of execution upon their death.

Guest DH-010

I agree, the 'Revenge' path should mostly incorporate the butchering of the Sith Assassins ("those that haunted your steps from the beginning"). I like the idea (Mandalore's idea) of having some kind of trigger that kills off the party in the cells in the other wing. Maybe then the player starts to second guess his/her decision, only to find it's too late.

I'd envision it as the Exile entering one of the rooms before meeting Sion, empty with only a computer console (one of the ancient ones). While the camera focusses on this console, beeping sounds appear and you see a short cutscene of the party dying viewed with the camera static... overlay thing... Then the game just continues, without any sort of dialogue or text (the Exile is pretty mindless at this point).

I don't know if this is possible, but;

Maybe the experience system could be turned off (or always give 0 experience) in the 'Revenge'-wing, so that the Exile does not gain levels anymore. I'm thinking about Kreia's line: "... and he/she shall be the weaker for it." Well, maybe you already found out a way to have that line make sense... ;)

Congrats on finding a job btw (VPuppet).

Edited by DH-010

I don't know if this is possible, but . . . maybe the experience system could be turned off (or always give 0 experience) in the 'Revenge'-wing, so that the Exile does not gain levels anymore. I'm thinking about Kreia's line: "... and he/she shall be the weaker for it." Well, maybe you already found out a way to have that line make sense... ;)

DH-010, I'm not home so I can't double check but I thought that line by Kreia about the Exile being "the weaker for it" was only supposed to trigger if the Exile tries to save the NPCs. Sounds like there's a bonus gained if he/she leaves his companions to their grisly fates. I picture a sound file that mixes their screams together.

Perhaps I should seek therapy. LOL

Yay! Someone actually likes one of my ideas! And yeah, I think saving your companions was meant to weaken you, and you will be stronger if you fight your way to the Trayus Core and leave them to their deaths.

Yay! Someone actually likes one of my ideas! And yeah, I think saving your companions was meant to weaken you, and you will be stronger if you fight your way to the Trayus Core and leave them to their deaths.

Good thoughts, both of you. Good thoughts, indeed.

However, did it ever occur to you that it could actually be the other way around? For some people, abandoning their friends is a really hard thing to do, but for others it isn't. If said person were to take the path of revenge and neglect his/her friends easily, wouldn't that be the weaker path? Suppose it were the other way around, then saving your friends would be the weak path, since you're so attached to them.

My point is that which path would make you weaker or stronger here is relative. Before you bring it up, yes, Kreia does explicitly 'say' which path is which, but remember that she is a compulsive liar and manipulator.

• Like 1

Guest S4crifice

Let me take varsity puppets thoughts a bit further....

Let's make this assumption: Assume that you have embraced the dark side, so mostly you kill and ,if in the mood, manipulate a bit throughout the game. So you reach this croosroad: Save allies(that you don't really like since you are dark side, except ofc with a few exceptions) or go ahead and kill the manipulative b.tch that has been annoying you, passing through a series of potentially lethal enemies (yeah right!...)

The choice to me is clear: what allies? i don't know what you are talking about... so let's proceed to kill baddies. that was easy as the dark side is supposed to be... so you made the easy choice and let your team die... and for that you should not be weaker, right?

However,

*semi-spoilers*

you are a force black hole and by killing baddies you only get stronger AND you make strong force bonds with others that travel with you especially if you jedified those you can, thus forming a master(you)-apprentice(them) bond. So, won't their death have a severe effect on you? so what happens? do you become stronger by the baddies and weaker by their deaths?remember that even old nihilus was crippled by visas marr's death,if you made her die...(why would you do that?)

Or if you choose to save them, you save yourself from the bond,yet you do not figth baddies (don't know if you have figthing involved in that part of the quest). does that make you weaker? or just the same stuff you had before the dilemma?

My point is that which path would make you weaker or stronger here is relative. Before you bring it up, yes, Kreia does explicitly 'say' which path is which, but remember that she is a compulsive liar and manipulator.

There are many different ways one can look at it. If we remember Kreia's sentence "It is conflict that strengthens us and isolation that weakens us, erodes us.", and apply it to this situation, with the threat being the Sith in the Trayus Proving Grounds, it makes sense why the 'revenge' path is the stronger path and the 'saving the party' path is the weaker one (since you don't confront the sith and waste your energy on saving your friends).

• Like 1

Let me take varsity puppets thoughts a bit further....

Let's make this assumption: Assume that you have embraced the dark side, so mostly you kill and ,if in the mood, manipulate a bit throughout the game. So you reach this croosroad: Save allies(that you don't really like since you are dark side, except ofc with a few exceptions) or go ahead and kill the manipulative b.tch that has been annoying you, passing through a series of potentially lethal enemies (yeah right!...)

The choice to me is clear: what allies? i don't know what you are talking about... so let's proceed to kill baddies. that was easy as the dark side is supposed to be... so you made the easy choice and let your team die... and for that you should not be weaker, right?

However,

*semi-spoilers*

you are a force black hole and by killing baddies you only get stronger AND you make strong force bonds with others that travel with you especially if you jedified those you can, thus forming a master(you)-apprentice(them) bond. So, won't their death have a severe effect on you? so what happens? do you become stronger by the baddies and weaker by their deaths?remember that even old nihilus was crippled by visas marr's death,if you made her die...(why would you do that?)

Or if you choose to save them, you save yourself from the bond,yet you do not figth baddies (don't know if you have figthing involved in that part of the quest). does that make you weaker? or just the same stuff you had before the dilemma?

Except the way that the Force Bonds work for the Exile is different depending on alignment. If you are Light Sided, it's a cooperative, harmonious bond that would harm you if the Party Members died. If you are Dark Sided, it's a vampiric bond that would not have any issues with the Party Members dying because it is entirely one-sided.

Thus, a Dark Side player would have no problem loosing Party Members.

There are many different ways one can look at it. If we remember Kreia's sentence "It is conflict that strengthens us and isolation that weakens us, erodes us.", and apply it to this situation, with the threat being the Sith in the Trayus Proving Grounds, it makes sense why the 'revenge' path is the stronger path and the 'saving the party' path is the weaker one (since you don't confront the sith and waste your energy on saving your friends).

That is one way to look at it yes, probably the most common. I'm just encouraging you guys to open your minds.

So, won't their death have a severe effect on you? so what happens? do you become stronger by the baddies and weaker by their deaths?remember that even old nihilus was crippled by visas marr's death,if you made her die...(why would you do that?)

That is a good point, but It don't think the Exile's bond with the party is as strong as the bond with Kreia. At least, nothing quite as strong as that is mentioned (except for Bao-Dur of course, who's long gone by the time of Malachor). Add to that what Lord of Hunger said too.

Except the way that the Force Bonds work for the Exile is different depending on alignment. If you are Light Sided, it's a cooperative, harmonious bond that would harm you if the Party Members died. If you are Dark Sided, it's a vampiric bond that would not have any issues with the Party Members dying because it is entirely one-sided.

I never knew about this, what makes you think that? Jesus Christ, the exile bonding theory is so complicated.

That is one way to look at it yes, probably the most common. I'm just encouraging you guys to open your minds.

That's why I mentioned it. There is nothing to be gained by bickering back and forth on which is the strong and which is the weak path, since both can be both, depending on how you look at it.

That is a good point, but It don't think the Exile's bond with the party is as strong as the bond with Kreia. At least, nothing quite as strong as that is mentioned (except for Bao-Dur of course, who's long gone by the time of Malachor). Add to that what Lord of Hunger said too.

Agreed.

Guest S4crifice

That works for me for the dark side...

on the other side of the coin...(Carefully treading between becoming annoying and wanting to be thorough)

If you are light side. you clearly help people, no questions asked. And you regard your team more than just allies but as friends, which means deeper bonding.(*SPOILERS*same type, i can pressume with little fault,of bonding that the exile had with his/her troops that died and forced him/her to cut off from the Force, that years ago).So if you save them you save yourself

or at least your better grasp of the Force since they are not so many that their death will kill you. Yet you chose to fight their fight, which according to our master makes you and them weaker.

If you let them die and go for revenge, doesn't that path lead to the dark side?

yet choosing it will make you stronger?

But enough with the philosophies, let me say what i have in mind:

What i though is work with the opposites.

Clarification: If you are light side, which by definition means that you help people, saving your allies WILL make you stronger (saving people and being the good guy/lass has made you this far) whereas letting them die will make you weaker (drives you to be uncertain of yourself, and doubt is what weakens the grasp of the Force)

If you are dark side, saving your team WILL make you weaker because you stray from you anger and all the stuff that empower you, whereas letting them die doesn't really affect you (agreed on that subject), so the impending slaughter of the baddies on the other side of the door should make you stronger and thus having balance on all paths.

The exp or stats gain or whatever it is that you wish to grant on both occasions will be either the same or equally, but uniquely , overpowering the exile(like he was not O.P at that part of the game!) which could in turn depend by which class and prestige the player has picked. So, differnet rewards for different choices(less linearity)

so, that's it...

Trying to walk the line between opinion and argument, I think that you could also save your friends going darkside so you can still leech their power. I mean, if they're dead, how can you steal their strength? If you save them, keep them alive, you still have a source if pwer to take from.