Sign in to follow this  
milestails

Proposal: Change Juhani's Color Crystal in the Grove

When you first encounter Juhani in the grove, she wields a lightsaber with a red crystal.  I don't think she would have bothered to change her color crystal after killing her master.  Seems a bit odd no?  There's no workbench out there.

For 1.0, I propose changing her color crystal to blue since she is a Jedi Guardian.  I guess it would be categorized as an Inconsistency Fix.

My inspiration for this comes from evilhazardz's Juhani's Grove Saber Change mod.

His readme:

A simple mod that changes Juhani's weapon in the grove from a Red saber to a blue saber, as I thought it was quite out of place that she had suddenly decided to use a red lightsaber, as she wouldn't have time to get a red lightsaber on Dantooine, ala Anakin in episode 3 when he goes all evil on everyone, yet he still uses a blue lightsaber.

• Like 1

Ah totally makes sense then. It does seem weird that she would have a red lightsaber by then...

Is it definitely blue though? Does it mention anywhere if she picked up her Master's lightsaber maybe? Just thinking out loud. It's ultimately not up to me.

It would not be a restoration, but an inconsistency fix or an optimization.  0.9 contains many of these types of adjustments already.

The mod is a simple .utc installation into Override, but the K1R team could easily change the color crystal in the .mod file for a more streamlined install.

There's a crystal cave just an area or two away. It isn't inconceivable that in her angst, Juhani would have replaced hers with a red one

Then there would be no kinrath and hive kinrath opposing Revan and friends because she would have slaughtered them all.

While we're at it, let's change her clothes too since she is 100% committed beyond the point of no return to the dark side at the time of her encounter with Revan.  Like DarthParametric says in his Darker Dark Side Juhani mod, "you can't effectively channel the Dark Side of the Force wearing blue and brown!"