Lightsaber and Force Forms

This mod adds 10 lightsaber forms and four force forms to the game, which can be learned at various levels. These can be learned from four holocrons and one new NPC, on Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Korriban and the Unknown World. The player can learn a total of seven forms. They can be activated from the medpac/stims section of the GUI. This mod uses TSLPatcher, and is fully compatible with K1RP. The holocrons and the NPC are fully voiced. Where possible, the stats for the forms imitate those in KotOR II.

Stats for the forms are as follows:

Form I: Shii-Cho:- Attack +1, Defense Bonus 2

Form II: Makashi:- Attack +3, Blaster Deflect: -5, Defence Bonus -5, Will Saves +3

Form III: Soresu:- Attack: -4, Blaster Deflect: +4, Defense Bonus 4 (Must be level 9 or higher)

Form IV: Ataru:- Attack +1, Blaster Deflect: -4, Defense Bonus 3, Damage Bonus: +2 (Must be level 11 or higher, and a Guardian or Sentinel)

Form V: Shien/Djem So:- Attack +1, Blaster Deflect: +2, Defense Bonus 5, Damage Bonus: +2 (Must be level 14 or higher, and a Guardian)

Form VI: Niman:- Attack +1, Defense Bonus 1, Blaster Deflect: +1, Will Saves: +1 (Must be level 14 or higher, and a Sentinel)

Form VII: Juyo:- Attack +4, Attacks per round +1, Defence Bonus -2, Will Saves: +4 (Must be a Guardian)

Form VIII: Sokan:- Attack +3, Damage Bonus: +1, Reflex Saves: +3, Defense Bonus 2, Defense Bonus vs. Piercing -2 (net bonus: 0) (Must be a Sentinel)

Form IX: Shien:- Attack +3, Damage Bonus: +3, Defence Bonus -2, Blaster Deflect: -2, Reflex Saves: -2 (Must be a Sentinel)

Form X: Niman/Jar’Kai:- Attack +2, Offhand attack bonus +3, Defense Bonus 1, Fortitude Saves: -1 (Must be a Guardian)

Harmony Force Form:- Maximum Force Points: +10%, Reflex Saves: +2, Force Resistance: -3 (Must be level 11 or higher, and a Consular)

Endurance Force Form: Will Saves: +1, Force Resistance: +2 (Must be level 14 or higher, and a Consular)

Persistence Force Form: Will Saves: +3, Reflex Saves: -2, Force Resistance: +4 (Must be a Consular)

Unity Force Form: Maximum Force Points: +10%, Reflex Saves: +2, Force Resistance: +3 (Must be a Consular)

Compatibility:
This mod should be compatible with most others. Nevertheless, it *may* cause incompatibilities
with any mod which alters or makes use of:

- the script slot for Entry 99 of kor35_utharwynn.dlg
- the script slot for Entry 0 of kor39_utharwynn.dlg
- the script slot for Entry 19 of dan13_belaya.dlg
- the script slot for Entry 1 of k_player_dialog.dlg
- unk44_sparty.dlg; particularly any mod which adds a third entry to the dialogue file, and uses it to fire a script.
- Item 99 in the droppable list for kas25_wraid.utc

Credits:
Thanks are to Zhaboka, Sith Holocron, newbiemodder, Fallen Guardian, Warlord664, Quanon, Marius Fett, Canderis, DarthAnsem, SithSpecter, Slstoev, CptPriceless, kyrie, and Fair Strides 2 for their feedback and comments on the mod as it progressed;
to deathdisco, whose original KotOR I lightsaber forms mod inspired this one;
to Darth333, stoffe, jmac7142/Det. Bart Lasiter, glovemaster, and everyone else who taught me and continues to teach me to script;
to Darkkender, for his "Recruit Darkkender" mod, which I used to work out how to make the lightsaber forms work;
to T7Nowhere, whose fantastic "Revan's Mask Plus" mod inspired the form of this one;
to Samuel Dravis, jonathan7 and Pavlos, for vital feedback at various stages in the planning of this mod;
to Fred Tetra for the truly awesome KotOR tool and his nwnsscomp conversion;
to Holowan Labs for remaining by far the best place to work on KotOR mods on the internet;
and to Obsidian, Bioware, and LucasArts, for making both KotOR games.

Particular thanks to Quanon, VarsityPuppet, and Marius Fett for their help with the new placeable models used by this mod;
Also to Sith Holocron and Fair Strides, who beta-tested for me;
And most especially, my thanks are to my voice-over artists, who are listed below, and some of whom had to suffer demands for endless redrafts and slow response times with admirable patience:
Thanks also to Daemonjax over at KotORNexus for spotting the errors corrected in this update.

Voice Overs:
Sith Holocron as the Sith Holocron;
Zhaboka as Jedi Holocron, Kashyyyk Holocron, and Guun-Han Saresh;
Melissa Trudeau as the Sith Trainer.

Locations of Holocrons / What they teach:
NB: Do not read if you want this to be a surprise!

Dantooine:
You learn the Shii-Cho during the initial training montage.
You can learn Soresu from the Jedi Holocron in the Enclave training room when you reach level 9.
You can learn Ataru (Guardians/Sentinels) or the Harmony form (Consulars) from the Jedi Holocron when you reach level 11.

Korriban:
You can learn Makashi from the Sith Teacher in the Korriban Academy, standing by the entrance in the final room before the Valley of the Dark Lords.
You can learn Shien Form IX (Sentinels), Niman/Jar'Kai Form X (Guardians), or Persistence Form (Consulars) from the Sith Holocron in the tomb of Naga Sadow.

Kashyyyk:
You can learn Shien/Djem So Form V (Guardians), Niman Form VI (Sentinels) or Endurance Form (Consulars) once you reach level 14 from the Jedi Holocron found in the Beast in the Shadowlands.

Unknown World:
You can learn Juyo (Guardians), Sokan (Sentinels) or the Unity Form (Consulars) from the Sith Holocron in the basement computer room of the Temple.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/25/2015
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

YAYYYY!!!!!!! Glad it's finally done. Although now I wished I had waited to start a new K1 playthrough. Can I install this with my current game and then just go back to a save at the end of Taris?

You should be fine to do that, yeah. Nothing gets added to Taris. But it will have to be before you get to Dantooine.

Hey, InSidious, I just wanted to let you know, I think there is a conflict between the Lightsaber and Force Forms and K1R 1.1. I installed both of those in a separate and clean install of KotOR, and I noticed that there are 22-ish force powers added that have no icons, and their name and descriptions look like dialogue (Screenshots from KSE are here). 

I've previously used and translated K1 Force Pack 2.0, but putting 6 APR with Juyo, I inflict only 5.

Is it possible to have 6 APR with this MOD or 5 APR is a limit of the game?

I'm pretty sure the game is hardcoded for 5 attacks per round max.

// 485: Create a Modify Attacks effect to add attacks.
// - nAttacks: maximum is 5, even with the effect stacked

effect EffectModifyAttacks(int nAttacks);

• Like 1

So I have run into an interesting bug with this one.  The Jedi Holocron in the training room in the Academy on Dantooine looks like a dead wookiee.

I can still interact with it as if it were a functioning holocron, and nothing appears to be broken as far as I can tell, so this is a fairly minor bug.  Still, it is a little immersion-breaking.

Does anyone know what's causing this and/or how to fix it?

Thanks

• Dark Side Points 1

v1.5:

- Added lightsaber forms to Dark Jedi NPCs in the game;
- Fixed Form III: Soresu to give Defence Bonus +4 as stated in the readme;
- Fixed description of Form V: Shien/Djem So to state a defence bonus *decrease* of 5;
- Fixed Forms III and V to prevent effect stacking;
- Corrected Makashi stats by reducing Will saves to +2 and changing Defence Bonus -5 to Damage +3;
- Added lightsaber forms to c. 70 Jedi/Sith NPCs in the game;
- Incorporated my old "Korriban Academy Workbench" mod;
- Restricted lightsaber forms to characters wielding melee weapons.

• Like 2

I have a bug when I try to activate the forms after just acquiring them on Dantooine. Instead of the intended effect, my stats seem to go all over the place (example: Default AC15, Atk +11 to AC25, Atk 21 with Shii-Cho). Activating Form 1 and Form 3 can result in negative AC and negative Attack bonuses. I can clear the effects using JC's effects bug hotfix, but the same thing happens on multiple attempts. 

I am super excited to use this mod, so I am down to do whatever I can to try and fix this. I do have multiple other mods installed, but I didn't think they would conflict based on their contents. 

That's very odd. For one thing, the effects shouldn't stack at all. Which other mods do you have installed? Also, did the installation of the forms mod throw up any warnings or errors?

40 minutes ago, InSidious said:

That's very odd. For one thing, the effects shouldn't stack at all. Which other mods do you have installed? Also, did the installation of the forms mod throw up any warnings or errors?

I have quite a few:

BOS:SR, Lehon Mando Exp, Gamorrean stronghold Exp 

Snigaroo's Full Mod List

Impossible Diff, Level-up rate, Four Force Powers, Force Enlightenment, Party lvl. 1, Vibro reskin, Selven Legends, and Sith Assassins. 

They were installed in roughly that order. There were 4 errors in the patcher, one was for ii_datapad_018.tga being skipped, the other 3 were listed as errors, but the correct files are in the override. These were di_spwb_01.ncs, di_wb_01.utp, and k_pebo_upgrade.ncs.

Well, none of those errors are likely to be it, at least. ii_datapad_018.tga is an icon, probably for one of the lightsaber forms, and the other three files are all to do with the Korriban workbench.

Four Force Powers and Force Enlightenment both modify your Force powers, obviously, and they might be the root of the problem. And BoS:SR changes so many things that we can't rule out a problem there, either. IIRC, Snigaroo's mod list is mostly texture files, so that shouldn't be the problem. But I don't think a mod conflict is to blame here; I just tested this (albeit with a similar list of mods) and got similar results. I have a couple of ideas for what might the cause of this, and will try and come up with a solution soon.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 10:26 AM, InSidious said:

Well, none of those errors are likely to be it, at least. ii_datapad_018.tga is an icon, probably for one of the lightsaber forms, and the other three files are all to do with the Korriban workbench.

Four Force Powers and Force Enlightenment both modify your Force powers, obviously, and they might be the root of the problem. And BoS:SR changes so many things that we can't rule out a problem there, either. IIRC, Snigaroo's mod list is mostly texture files, so that shouldn't be the problem. But I don't think a mod conflict is to blame here; I just tested this (albeit with a similar list of mods) and got similar results. I have a couple of ideas for what might the cause of this, and will try and come up with a solution soon.

Not sure if this helps, but I just successfully uninstalled the Four Force Powers Mod (everything else the same; using backups and reinstalling mods as necessary) and reloaded my save from Davik's mansion. 

Still the same issue once I got Form I. 

So I looked at the source  code  and found this:

DelayCommand(0.1, ExecuteScript("di_k1s_lf1", OBJECT_SELF));
}

else {}

}

This is in every lightsaber form. Commenting  out  the DelayCommand and the else fixed the issue(or at least it applied the right defense. I don't know how to check ac) .

• Like 1

By AC (Armor Class), I actually mean Defense. AC is just what it is called in D&D, which is what KOTOR's stat system is based on.

Edited by Masamune753

On 7/21/2020 at 1:06 PM, Masamune753 said:

I have quite a few:

BOS:SR, Lehon Mando Exp, Gamorrean stronghold Exp 

Snigaroo's Full Mod List

Impossible Diff, Level-up rate, Four Force Powers, Force Enlightenment, Party lvl. 1, Vibro reskin, Selven Legends, and Sith Assassins. 

They were installed in roughly that order. There were 4 errors in the patcher, one was for ii_datapad_018.tga being skipped, the other 3 were listed as errors, but the correct files are in the override. These were di_spwb_01.ncs, di_wb_01.utp, and k_pebo_upgrade.ncs.

BoS:SR has a LOT of data in it, as does the Lehon expansion, though less so in the latter case. Your install order is the best you could do for compatibility, but you're simply trying to throw a whole lot in there, more probably than can rationally be expected to work together. BoS:SR and the K1CP already are, I believe, fundamentally incompatible. Tack onto that other mods like the Lehon expansion and a bunch of Force mods and you're playing with fire. I'm not surprised you're running into issues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snigaroo said:

...Your install order is the best you could do for compatibility, but you're simply trying to throw a whole lot in there, more probably than can rationally be expected to work together. BoS:SR and the K1CP already are, I believe, fundamentally incompatible. 

For sure, it's definitely a lot. I guess I was just expecting that if something were to break, it would be BOS:SR and not something seemingly unrelated like force powers.

Besides one initial issue with Trask that I fixed with the Trask removal mod, the rest of the game runs fine. Taris, Dantooine, the initial sections of Tatooine and Korriban all had no issues. I even ran the first 20 minutes of BOS:SR on the included mod save without any crashes. 

All that to say, I knew it was a long shot, but it felt like it was worth asking the smart people here. 

• Light Side Points 1

On 7/21/2020 at 3:31 AM, Masamune753 said:

I have a bug when I try to activate the forms after just acquiring them on Dantooine. Instead of the intended effect, my stats seem to go all over the place (example: Default AC15, Atk +11 to AC25, Atk 21 with Shii-Cho). Activating Form 1 and Form 3 can result in negative AC and negative Attack bonuses. I can clear the effects using JC's effects bug hotfix, but the same thing happens on multiple attempts. 

I am super excited to use this mod, so I am down to do whatever I can to try and fix this. I do have multiple other mods installed, but I didn't think they would conflict based on their contents. 

Hey I have the same issue you have with this Saber Forms mod, and the only thing in common we have is the Full Mod List. Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

On 5/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, The Entity said:

Hey I have the same issue you have with this Saber Forms mod, and the only thing in common we have is the Full Mod List. Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

@Masamune753

Yes, it was caused by the attempt to limit the forms to melee wielders. I'm about to upload an update that should fix it.

UPDATE:

v1.6:
-Fixed bug which was causing stats to stack unpredictably (NB: restriction of the lightsaber form to melee wielders is now only checked when the form is first applied);
-Corrected inconsistent spelling in the description of Makashi;
-Corrected Makashi description to reflect actual bonuses;
-Corrected Makashi to give +2 to Will saves.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, InSidious said:

@Masamune753

Yes, it was caused by the attempt to limit the forms to melee wielders. I'm about to upload an update that should fix it.

You have no idea how completely hyped I am to hear this! I adore this mod! Thank you!

@InSidious Hey is it possible updating on an existing Save may cause issues?

Soresu actually decreases my defense by 5 and increases Reflex by 2, Shi-Cho now increases def by 4 and Reflex by 2, Harmony Form does nothing, same with Persistence. 

Edited by The Entity
  • Like 1

Hey I got the mod but it was just after the dantooine traning sequence. Am I screwed now?

1 minute ago, Masamune753 said:

@InSidious When you have a chance, can you update the description to include the number of placeables added?

Per the issue found by @DarthParametric and their Jedi Captive Diversity mod, there is a hard limit that will impact compatibility (in particular, these two together, but really any that add to that placeables.2da file).

From memory, there are two new placeable types - one sith holocron and one jedi holocron - which appear a total of three times.

• Thanks 2