Fair Strides

What's Restored In K1R

86 posts in this topic

Well you need Canderous to get you in with Davik, technically. Without that you have no real connection to a ship that is fast enough.

Right, that's true. Well I guess you can probably tell from my hasty, half-baked question about K1's plot that I'm more of a TSL fan myself ;)

Well you need Canderous to get you in with Davik, technically. Without that you have no real connection to a ship that is fast enough.

But that's the point, with the codes, a fast ship would have been unnecessary. Any ship would have done. Just put in the codes and you're good to go.

Regardless, there's nothing wrong with getting the codes before being on Canderous' side. Ships weren't readily available on Taris, remember? "They impounded all of my ships and swoop-bikes" is what the Upper City merchant said. Ships were likely a valuable commodity few could get in the first place. Where'd you get one in the Upper City let alone lower? Needing to progress in the story to get the Ebon Hawk at some point still works. 

The only question is, are there cut Canderous lines that discuss how you already broke into the base prior to him introducing his plan to become partners? It'd be weird for him to immediately suggest that they break into Davik's without having formed any sort of alliance prior.

• Like 1

But that's the point, with the codes, a fast ship would have been unnecessary. Any ship would have done.

Regardless, there's nothing wrong with getting the codes before being on Canderous' side. Ships weren't readily available on Taris, remember? 

"They impounded all of my ships and swoop-bikes" is what the Upper City merchant said. Ships were likely a valuable commodity few could get.

Also true.

I think I'll leave this conversation to those with a much firmer grasp on the story than I!  :hrhr:

It would also be interesting to get T3 early on. You could get a second companion way earlier than mission, if you could get the money (or just take him for dark side points). People might actually use T3

Using T3 in K1, bah. Personality-less hunk of junk.

Yeah, I think both games went too extreme. In K1, he was essentially worthless to the plot as all he had to do was open a door. In TSL, it's the exact opposite - he becomes the central figure after Kreia and the Exile.

I have never used T3 in K1 after opening the Sith Base, actually, as opposed to TSL when a couple of scenes with him alone and his personal conversations make him a character you actually like. For me, T3 could never appear in K1, but then his story in TSL would make little sense. Still, I don't think that just a simple soldier could get into a Sith base so easily, and for an elite droid made for en Exchange boss, it makes sense.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how the option was implemented originally, but ideally, I'd like to see some sort of persuade and/or threaten option to to take him (probably through lying). That would allow the current version of the setup to remain in the game, but give the player both options. That might be better as a separate mod though, depending on how the cut version actually looks

Starting at tlk entry 23674, canderous has tons of dialogue related to already having T3, having t3 with you, already having the codes, etc.. Canderous also has weird dialogue for both the Upper and Lower City cantina's such as the possibility of meeting him for the first time in the Lower City, or returning to meet him in the upper city.

Canderous' DLG files in both the upper and lower cities are identical (as far as I can tell), and both contain provisions for you having T3 in your party or already having the codes before you talk to Canderous. The Lower City dlg also contains a totally seperate branch for talking to Canderous again as well (this is the only one you can normally hear in the lower city cantina)

Janice doesn't have any dialogue that I can find though unfortunately. It might be there though

Ya, I was just hoping for something more concrete. If T3 remains Davik's droid, but you can still get him somehow, everyone's dialogue will make sense. You just need to add a new dialogue branch to Janice for buying T3 without talking to Canderous. Canderous' dialogue will then adapt appropriately. He won't acknowledge that T3 is Davik's droid, but that's not that big a deal.