No, I meant that I was using your saves and that someone had PM'ed me the rest of the ones I needed. :D

...I'm confused.

I was referring to the save before Manaan sea floor that I don't have yet, but had volunteered to give you. Are you still waiting for that?

I've played through K1RP 0.9, but couldn't find a Glow Rod, but I did find a Gammorean Axe, something that apparently cannot be picked up in the main game, was that what you meant?  Also, Wookiepedia said that Taris had a trash compactor puzzle and the Gammoreans had an HQ near the Undercity.  I'm guessing the trash compactor is the messed up door you see when rescuing Zaalbar and might have been a final obstacle before rescuing him (it seems like it was meant to kill or at least damage the party if you examine the trashdoors in Kotor Tool), and the Gammorean stuff just got moved around to different areas and got cut short.

I've played through K1RP 0.9, but couldn't find a Glow Rod, but I did find a Gammorean Axe, something that apparently cannot be picked up in the main game, was that what you meant? Also, Wookiepedia said that Taris had a trash compactor puzzle and the Gammoreans had an HQ near the Undercity. I'm guessing the trash compactor is the messed up door you see when rescuing Zaalbar and might have been a final obstacle before rescuing him (it seems like it was meant to kill or at least damage the party if you examine the trashdoors in Kotor Tool), and the Gammorean stuff just got moved around to different areas and got cut short.

I got a glow rod off one of the Black Vulkars - in the sewers if I'm not mistaken.

...I'm confused.

I was referring to the save before Manaan sea floor that I don't have yet, but had volunteered to give you. Are you still waiting for that?

No, I've gotten that save from the other PM. Sorry about that...

I've played through K1RP 0.9, but couldn't find a Glow Rod, but I did find a Gammorean Axe, something that apparently cannot be picked up in the main game, was that what you meant?  Also, Wookiepedia said that Taris had a trash compactor puzzle and the Gammoreans had an HQ near the Undercity.  I'm guessing the trash compactor is the messed up door you see when rescuing Zaalbar and might have been a final obstacle before rescuing him (it seems like it was meant to kill or at least damage the party if you examine the trashdoors in Kotor Tool), and the Gammorean stuff just got moved around to different areas and got cut short.

The Gamorrean Axe is in the game's files, but not usually obtainable, it seems.

As to the Glow Rod, I need to edit it for the 1.1, but it is available in the sewers (pretty sure it was in the 0.9 as well).

The Trash Compactor puzzle was not restored, and I do not know if that was due to lack of content or a design choice by ZM90 and Fallen Guardian (since Taris was way before I joined the team).

The Gamorrean HQ was not restored, due mostly to lack of content. VOs aren't the issue; it's more to do with "no idea what was supposed to be there"...

• Like 1

Glow rod might not be there in 0.9, but it is in 1.0. It doesn't do anything though, which is my biggest issue with the mod as it is: a lot of the restored content really doesn't add anything significant to the experience. I understand if that sort of thing is beyond the modders' means, though.

Question:

Could there be a hypothetical side mod to replace the Impossible difficulty with the removed Very Easy difficulty?

Sometimes I get very lazy.

• Like 1

Just thought of something...

Would it be possible to fix the bugged security spikes? Since they were obviously intended to work, I think that would fall under the spirit of a restoration project.

• Like 1

Just thought of something...

Would it be possible to fix the bugged security spikes? Since they were obviously intended to work, I think that would fall under the spirit of a restoration project.

I tried fixing them at one point, but I think it might be hardcoded. How exactly should they be used?

I believe I've found another (technically) unused Carth line that VERY rarely shows up in vanilla, but is otherwise not programmed to. I had never heard this before seeing this stream

http://www.twitch.tv/glasnonck/v/41018268

Skip ahead to 2:26:15

It's not unused if it showed up in the playthrough. :)

That being said, I just checked the post-Leviathan Carth dialog, and that line ONLY shows up if you...:

1. Have NO Mission in the party (how?!)

2. Have NO Juhani in the party (easily possible; just kill her)

3. Have NO Jolee in the party (easily possible, if Kashyyyk is the last planet)

It's not unused if it showed up in the playthrough. :D

That being said, I just checked the post-Leviathan Carth dialog, and that line ONLY shows up if you...:

Which file is it? I could whip up a fix in no time so the line triggers no matter who's with you. Might even be able to fairly easily do it with TSL patch, so it'd work for versions already modifying the dlg too. Would have to look first to be sure though.

-Kitt

Well, I would probably just take note of it for K1R 1.2. I imagine my verdict would be to make his line first in the DLG and tack the party member ones on to that line...

Thoughts?

Well, I would probably just take note of it for K1R 1.2. I imagine my verdict would be to make his line first in the DLG and tack the party member ones on to that line...

Thoughts?

Seems to me like it would make the most sense if it was put in before the fighter battle, since they should be out of the docking bay after that...

I'd have to look at the file in question to be sure, but yeah. *usually* you can just re-order things a bit. Sometimes though, depending how it was tree'd in the first place, you have to make some additions/copies to get everything happy.

But yeah. I have no issues. You can take it if you wish, though I'd be more than happy to do this sort of leg-work and just forward stuff up to you for inclusion in K1R 1.2+ too. Happy to lend a hand.

-Kitt

It's not unused if it showed up in the playthrough. :D

Well, I did say technically unused, as it's normally impossible to get there without abusing the system

If you use a fake level up glitch or a save editor, you can get your security above 80 and skip most of Taris. Therefore you never meet Mission or Zaalbar

And actually, that player did have Juhani. No Jolee though as Kashyyyk was the last planet

And actually, that player did have Juhani. No Jolee though as Kashyyyk was the last planet

Oh yeah... The first bug I fixed for K1R was a misnamed waypoint tag in the .git file for the post-Leviathan scene... The misnamed tag was preventing the game from finding the waypoint, so the game never spawned Juhani in the scene...

This looks really good, looking forward to trying it (will probably wait for 1.2, gives me time to figure out why KOTOR doesn't like my PC :P).

Too bad about the Sand People Messiah...any chance of a separate mod restoring it with unvoiced lines?

Also, out of curiosity, do you have any idea what the swoop upgrades would have been?

• Like 1

I've thought about the Sand People Messiah as a separate mod. It could be done eventually.

As to the Swoop Upgrades, we can't restore that in this mod, but I have it working in KotOR 2 (with some custom-made items as the upgrades). The only issue is that the GUI wasn't fully programmed, so you won't see any real stats or item descriptions in the Upgrade Menu.

If Sithspecter is indeed going to be hiring professional VAs for his Sleheyron mod, perhaps you could get those guys to also record lines for the unvoiced content in this mod? Unless the actors would get paid by the line, then I wouldn't want Sithspecter to have to pay more money out of his pocket for a project he isn't involved in.

I know the two of you have worked together on Sleheyron, so I thought that could be a possible solution, as the two of you are (I'm guessing) on good terms.

If Sithspecter is indeed going to be hiring professional VAs for his Sleheyron mod, perhaps you could get those guys to also record lines for the unvoiced content in this mod? Unless the actors would get paid by the line, then I wouldn't want Sithspecter to have to pay more money out of his pocket for a project he isn't involved in.

I know the two of you have worked together on Sleheyron, so I thought that could be a possible solution, as the two of you are (I'm guessing) on good terms.

Without any planning what-so-ever, I can say that we'd just need Czerka personnel and HK-47. (Obviously, HK-47 is the big hang-up...)

I'm also referring to other unvoiced lines in the game, like the Kashyyk (Yeah, I probably spelled that wrong, sorry.) Carth line mentioned in the first post of this thread.