Sign in to follow this  
tm1104

Operating Systems

For KotOR 1 & 2 (and SWBFII if you know) what is the latest windows operating system they run on, if I use Windows & do I need any special software to get them working??

Depends on the game version you want to use.

The CD retail versions can cause quite a few problems if I recall correctly or atleast the K1 retail version.

The DVD and Steam version are identical and work on Windows 7 although K1 might crash quite often after cutscenes. But even that seems to be random since I no longer have this problem with the exact same machine I had it on. I don't know how well these versions run on Win 8.

And the GOG versions should be optimized even better and as far as I know they run almost perfectly on newer operating systems.

Guess I'll just have to try them and see eh? What is GOG? Sorry I'm new to this

What is GOG?

GOG - Good Old Games - is a great site, which sells old games, optimized to work on modern systems.

You may also pre-order Witcher 3 (and buy 1&2) there, 'cause it's owned by the same company, which owns CD Project RED.

What I really like about this site is the fact that all games there come without ANY sort of DRM.

• Like 1

If I was to download these games off GOG, would they support widescreen?? My native res is 1280x800