Kexikus

[WIP] High quality skyboxes

Last weekend I started working on the terrain for the Unknown World and today I got to a presentable version, so here it is^^

Unknown_zpsa67cmk8u.png

Let me know what you think (clouds, a moon and the giant shipwreck seen in the vanilla skybox will be added later).

Nice! Is that a ingame version? The water looks stunning!

Edit: Hows the 3d modelling for the Taris Skybox going?

Nice! Is that a ingame version? The water looks stunning!

I wish it were but no, it's TGs water. The ingame water will stay the same and you'll only see the skybox from the waterlevel up sadly :(

Last weekend I started working on the terrain for the Unknown World and today I got to a presentable version, so here it is^^

Unknown_zpsa67cmk8u.png

Let me know what you think (clouds, a moon and the giant shipwreck seen in the vanilla skybox will be added later).

That looks amazing so far!!! Can't wait to see this finished and in game.

The skybox looks good, I want to see what it looks like in the game.

Here you go

2015-06-04_00001_zps7ixqcpos.jpg

As seen in this pic, I added clouds. The moon and the shipwreck are still missing however. I also have to tweak the brightness/contrast some more so that the island seen in the background is less black and so that the sun no longer turns the entire sky white^^ But I think I'm getting there :)

@Kexikus:

its a pleasure to see your texturing skills improve with every planet! I like how you add different layers of cloud formations...it gives a very realistic look...

Btw, what about your Taris Project? Were you guys able to add the 3d buildings yet?

@Kexikus:

its a pleasure to see your texturing skills improve with every planet! I like how you add different layers of cloud formations...it gives a very realistic look...

Btw, what about your Taris Project? Were you guys able to add the 3d buildings yet?

About Taris: I actually don't know^^ I haven't heard from Quanon for some days, but I assume he'll let us know once he has any news.

Will you be doing anything for the Star Forge? I'm somewhat disappointed in game by how little of the space battle can be seen

Will you be doing anything for the Star Forge? I'm somewhat disappointed in game by how little of the space battle can be seen

Yeah perhaps the space battle which you can see from malaks throne room window could be fiddled with.

Yeah perhaps the space battle which you can see from malaks throne room window could be fiddled with.

Certainly not in this mod, sry.

But I do have some ideas for improved backdrops for both games, that would do those things (like having a visible battle in the background). The problem with that is that it'd require editing of the area model or adding placeables and I have no experience at all with both of these^^ But I might try it someday.

Certainly not in this mod, sry.

But I do have some ideas for improved backdrops for both games, that would do those things (like having a visible battle in the background). The problem with that is that it'd require editing of the area model or adding placeables and I have no experience at all with both of these^^ But I might try it someday.

I hope you try and Succeed my friend

I can't imagine how difficult it is to do skyboxes. I mean, you and Malkior are amazing at them. Keep up the great work Kex!

The unknown world skybox looks great and so does dantooine!!! 

The Taris skybox is basically ready. A big thanks to Quanon who went through all the trouble and created three sets of Tarisian buildings for me to use :D

And here's what it looks like in lower resolution and with some minor fixes missing.

2015-06-30_00001_zpscyhocvim.jpg

Let me know if there's anything I should change and I'll do that before I start making the high resolution version. And keep in mind that this one is created with Joraks Taris reskin in mind, I'll recolor it a bit for the vanilla release.