Kexikus

[WIP] High quality skyboxes

One of the best graphic mods for this game. I specifically waited for him and didn't start playing until he came out. Thank you very much.

P.S. Now we just have to wait for the release for K2.

Edited by CratosGoblin

My goodness, I think you have exceeded any expectation with this new version of the TSL skyboxes, Kexikus.

I'm truly impressed and I have not the slightest doubt whatsoever that this should be packaged and made part of the original game if an official patch was still to be produced.

Stunning.

I can see why working on all these skyboxes took you years.

Cheers! :cheers:

Finally, Iziz begins to resemble the huge city described in the Lore, and this is a welcome improvement.

I have to say that I had high hopes for this mod, but I didn't even expect skyboxes to be so great! This mod is one of the most exciting things to happen to TSL in recent years! 👍

The only small question I have is what happened to the smoke from the (presumably) Shuttle crash site seen in the skybox of the Czerka Site (233TEL)?

4 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

Finally, Iziz begins to resemble the huge city described in the Lore, and this is a welcome improvement.

I have to say that I had high hopes for this mod, but I didn't even expect skyboxes to be so great! This mod is one of the most exciting things to happen to TSL in recent years! 👍

The only small question I have is what happened to the smoke from the (presumably) Shuttle crash site seen in the skybox of the Czerka Site (233TEL)?

Thanks for the praise. I'm glad you like it.

As for your question, I honestly don't know which smoke you are referring to. I can't see any smoke in either the vanilla nor my skyboxes except for on the polar plateau.

2 hours ago, Kexikus said:

As for your question, I honestly don't know which smoke you are referring to. I can't see any smoke in either the vanilla nor my skyboxes except for on the polar plateau.

I meant these gray stains (which I thought were smoke) in the sky on the vanilla skybox, but I just checked ingame and they also appear in the sky when player is in the Restoration Zone (231tel), so they are not related to the Shuttle crash site.

Spoiler

1794494735_Thesmokeontheskybox.jpg.0ab1b99098f116ed9d41153bf470cf2a.jpg

I don’t know what these stains are, but I guess it doesn't matter then.

TELOS!!!! TELOOOOOS!!!! Telos alone makes this mod worth it. Goddamn.

My only wish is that you would do Peragus & Citadel Station, too - but thankfully there are quite decent existing mods for those.

5 hours ago, Zhaboka said:

My only wish is that you would do Peragus & Citadel Station, too - but thankfully there are quite decent existing mods for those.

I personally like this one. God bless whoever made it.

🤣gents, I already had that one installed in my current playthrough. Kexikus, you guide me even when I know it not! 🤣

It took longer than expected, but High Quality Skyboxes II for TSL is finally out!

You can find the mod on nexusmods and once it's been approved also here on DS of course:

In the meantime you can also watch the showcase:

I will also upload the mod to the Steam workshop hopefully tomorrow but I'll have to set that up and test it first.

• Like 6