alinadem

Reshade for Kotor / TSL

The only thing I can suggest is to play with the settings yourself(descriptions of what the DoF settings do above) by alt-tabbing out and manually adjusting them to your liking. The auto focus should focus up enough at times for you to read the text and understand what is going on. Like I said even with the framework in place the GUI detection isn't good on older games so it's nearly impossible to fix it for every camera angle without removing the DoF effect to the point where it's barely even visible. That's the problem I had. I just went for the best compromise.

Back again!

I love coming back to this game. And every once in a blue moon, I think of this thread and want to tinker some more.

I finally got Depth of Field to work! It turns out my values in ReShade were much different than the ones you mentioned in your post 3Dmember. Once I used those values, I finally noticed a difference in game!

I still can't get over what a difference your config makes. The colors are vibrant, the AO works great, and the DoF is a lot of fun to tinker with. I'm confident I can get something to compromise between blurred text and Depth of Field goodness.

If you still read here, thank you again for this! 

Edit: Turns out the Raymarch setting that stopped bringing my FPS to a crawl was just as you suggested, by changing:

from #define RayAO_Samples   74

to

#define RayAO_Samples   5

If I put the Samples to 6, FPS tanks. If I put it at 5, it works beautifully. Also, with this on, do I need to turn on regular SSAO? I don't notice much of a difference with both of them on, and its probably straining my system to have both.

I'm using Reshade+SweetFX Preset Final Version and i'm getting a lot of slowdown in the menus and during loading. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB  video card.

I hate to point this out, but, how is this a mod exactly? Or put another way, how does this belong in the WIP thread where people post their mod work.. Shouldn't this be in the general thread?

ReShade is an injector, not a mod for the game but rather a general purpose tool that can be used for any game. if you want to post up how-tos, then I don't see how it belongs in this thread. Perhaps the moderators disagree, but, I felt the need to post this comment as I don't see it being relevant to this part of the forum as I don't see it as an actual mod.

Mind sharing your changes? I seem to have this overly bright glow around my character that's kind of annoying.

that's probably related to Ambient Occlusion. Sadly the AO-Variants in reshade will always cause some problems with AO, but I tried to get them to a minimum.

here's my reshade.FX: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7ATyculElPQWVPMmY0dU01Y3M/view?usp=sharing

This looks sweet but I can't get it to work :( I'm getting MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCP100.DLL missing errors, and KOTOR fails to launch. I understand these are part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 but I have installed both the x86 and x64 versions without success. Is there any way to point Reshade to the correct DLLs?

Edit: Win 10 x64, NVidia GTX 660, driver 361.43.

Edit 2: fixed :) by installing basically EVERYTHING from the Microsoft downloads site. But particularly,

www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30679, x86 and x64 versions

www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=8328

www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Also Microsoft, Y U no give ur downloads different filenames?!

I cant get this to run I get the following error when trying to open the game on 5850 ATI card:

The game runs fine without the reshade

EDIT, managed to fix it with this fix https://steamcommunity.com/app/32370/discussions/0/485624149170186326/ however am unable to see any difference with the reshade.

Same problem here, it works when I first start KoTOR, but when I close it and run again, this message pops up. And that fix doesn't work for me in any way.

Doesn't work for me, the game runs in the background but nothing happens, I have to open the task manager to close it, I tried disabling steam overlay but that didn't help

Weird because it worked in KOTOR, but it's not working on TSL

It seems ambient occlusion doesn't work with the latest reshade, it seems to work fine using 3dmembers version, for me on an Nvidia gtx 560 ti I just get a random noise pattern over the image now, is there any way to fix this?  I've tried the different AO methods and none work, alternative could someone tell me how to add the new reflective bump map shader from the latest reshade framework to 3dmembers version?  post-23817-0-09594100-1455227777_thumb.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not the best example, but this is with newest reshade, i like the ambient light shader 

Thus far, SSAO is a huge killer, now that reshade has gotten popularity I will try to release some variations that don't break too much immersion. 

• Like 1

I'm not too familiar with reshade, but could you add something like ambient occlusion?

It depends on the shader, they've added more types of ambient occlusion, (ssao, hbao, ssgi, raymarch), however yes it's been a pain to add a subtle ssao at least from my experience. I think it's not worth the drop in performance, even for ssao.

I think the biggest things and why the thread exists, is I wanted to have a nice baseline that compliments all sectors of the game, doesn't break immersion, and reduces at most 25-50 fps as a whole. I am doing this on a gtx 470 so i can make sure it's not people only with titan x that can use it

I can confirm that SLI (980) doesn't work with this preset. (bad fps I mean)

Yet it does if converted to a most recent sweetfx (Or older I don't really know).

Edit : Well that is weird it works on kotor 2

Edit 2 : I can't remember how but it works. Antialiasing was perhaps causing this...

Finally got my hands on Reshade and got it working on TSL.

It turns out that the reason I hated the color of the game wasn't because the textures, but instead because Obsidian has a very strange greenish yellow filter on everything they make (I guess they think it makes it look "warmer") which gives every part of the game an olive hue.

Here are my comparison shots.

Atton.

With Reshade:

Rcfruga.png

Without Reshade:

XOVvunS.png

Even the interface has this coloration.

With Reshade:

uPTu8tL.png

Without Reshade:

ZO87r5p.png

The Harbinger/Hammerhead Cruiser

With Reshade:

IcbrteM.png

Without Reshade:

NDABGuQ.png

Character Select Screen

With Reshade:

foNBcBz.png

Without Reshade:

A0RpuPK.png

It also can bring clarity to the colors by pulling the overarching hue of green from each texture as seen in the Interrogation/Jail Cell on Peragus.

With Reshade:

6XndADg.png

Without Reshade:

j4B7XPV.png

I also applied a sharpening effect and the tiniest amount of bloom I could muster for good raking light as seen on Sion in the title screen.

With Reshade:

kD016kL.png

Without Reshade:

LQahfWP.png

The only downside I can see with this is that the cameras and holograms look bluer due to what I assume was Obsidian using the greenish hue to neutralize them into a bluish grey.

With Reshade:

GQVcO7jg.png

Without Reshade:

pUzXPvd.png

So far, I've seen very little of a performance hit, except that when launching the game, the main menu will take a few seconds to show while Reshade first applies its settings.

This is a very powerful little utility, and I'm glad to have been able to test it. :D

• Like 2