Atton Rand

Kotor combat system?

Just had a couple of basic questions about Kotor's combat system:

1. When a damage breakdown is given in the feedback menu, what accounts for the energy value? For eg.

Damage breakdown: 8 = energy 6 + weapon specialization 2

2. How is the attack modifier calculated when using double bladed weapons or dual wielding? An example, perhaps?

EDIT:

3. Is Critical Strike the only attack that can stun opponents (as opposed to Flurry and Power Attack)?

4. Can someone explain the blaster shot deflection/return mechanics please?

Hello?

Um, isn't this all explained in the game? The energy comes from your weapons usually.

The feat descriptions for two weapon fighting say how the attack modifier is calculated.

The only other way you can stun is if you have a weapon with stun properties.

I'm not sure how the blaster deflection works, but I'd check the feat descriptions

Thanks for replying. I understood the deflection mechanics from the feedback menu.

I had a doubt regarding my DC using Improved Critical Strike. It says that the opponent will be stunned unless the roll is more than my character's level + strength modifier.My character is a level 3 jedi sentinel and a level 8 soldier, but my DC is 15 and I don't understand how it's 15?

Thanks for replying. I understood the deflection mechanics from the feedback menu.

I had a doubt regarding my DC using Improved Critical Strike. It says that the opponent will be stunned unless the roll is more than my character's level + strength modifier.My character is a level 3 jedi sentinel and a level 8 soldier, but my DC is 15 and I don't understand how it's 15?

Then could you please tell me what you strength is at?

If it's at 18 or 19, there's your answer. When the feat says "+ strength modifier", it refers to the number next to the attribute's level in the Character Info screen.

If an attibute is above 10, then it gets a +1 modifier for every 2 it is above; this also works in reverse.

Example: I have a Strength of 16. This is 6 above 10, so 6/2 is 3; I get a modifier of +3.

Another Example: I have a Strength of 8. This is -2 above 10, so -2/2 is -1; I get a modifier of -1.

Oh sorry. I was adding the respective attacking bonuses instead of the actual levels. Thanks a lot :)