Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

1 hour ago, Sithspecter said:

With 10 years plus on this project, I think I have taken a quite leisurely pace 😁

I think Sleheyron will take less time than the Rhen Var mod.  ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mellowtron11 said:

There was a Rhen Var mod?? Using which maps and modules?

Back in 2006 Darth InSidious was making this "Rhen Var" mod which consisted of reskinned M4-78 & HK Factory modules, I know he has uploaded some pics of the old mod on his gallery somewhere here but whether or not he's actually making it is unknown.

Here is a fAnTaStIc 2006 trailer of the mod in its 2006 quality:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Light Side Points 1

17 hours ago, Sithspecter said:

With 10 years plus on this project, I think I have taken a quite leisurely pace 😁

SithSpecter, I am a firm believer of Quality over Quantity.  With 10 years plus, I do understand that you have a life outside of Modding as well. 

He's fine Deathscepter, I trust whatever the finished product to be will be well worth the development waiting time.

Sithspecter I will talk to my guy from JKhub who has the contacts, one we just used for my mod of the revamped Escape Yavin IV, can check out its progress here: https://jkhub.org/topic/9375-escape-yavin-iv-revamped/ I don't have the video where he voiced over the existing lines but the two of them together made great and convincing dialogue scenes.

As for the music, I'm currently updating my audio software, but I can recreate Jeremy Soule's KOTOR I and II tracks minus the percussion instruments to a T. I am looking for a drummer / beat mixer to help add that element to my songs as that is the only thing preventing me from finishing Sleheyron-themed music, so if you did use a new song or two, one explore / one battle, it would not overlap the themes that were placed in the Mysterious Box and the Starforge (the original mus_bat_sley etc) or if you used those themes then perhaps a new theme for the Mysterious Box and the Starforge Battle would be in development on my part.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

I do understand that you have a life outside of Modding as well

He's never going to finish it with that sort of attitude. Clearly he needs to be chained to his computer and beaten every time he stops working on it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Light Side Points 1
  • Dark Side Points 1

4 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

He's never going to finish it with that sort of attitude. Clearly he needs to be chained to his computer and beaten every time he stops working on it.

Finally! Someone understands.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Light Side Points 1

Getting back in the swing of things after being gone a week on vacation.

wEG1DSa.jpg

The street module is all walkmeshed, blocks cameras, has aurora lights, and a minimap. All that's left is the path file, which are still proving a bit finnicky. Most of those are dynamic things that are difficult to see in a screenshot, so I'll try to do a video in the next few weeks to showcase some of the improvements. Also I will try to add in NPCs and such before then.

Next I will be switching gears, working on the Arena Hall/entrance area and attempting to setup some gladiator fights.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Sithspecter said:

...attempting to setup some gladiator fights.

Looking forwards to this part of progress! :cheers: I may have an idea with that but ain't gonna get on your toes for now - bit of hint though; "Gladiator of the Week" 😬

And bit of information regarding * gladiator fights*, SS -in case you didn't know- that in streamsounds there's Sleheyron's stinger/sbat but apparently it's labelled wrong [mus_sbat_sleyhey]. It doesn't matched with what's in the ambientmusic.2da [mus_sbat_slehey]. It makes the stinger didn't played with the assigned battle music.

And @DarthParametric - that's one of the best application of alpha-masking I've ever seen, lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ebmar said:

And bit of information regarding * gladiator fights*, SS -in case you didn't know- that in streamsounds there's Sleheyron's stinger/sbat but apparently it's labelled wrong [mus_sbat_sleyhey]. It doesn't matched with what's in the ambientmusic.2da [mus_sbat_slehey]. It makes the stinger didn't played with the assigned battle music.

Thanks for this tidbit of info, I hadn't noticed it before, I am going to check it out and make sure it gets restored.

Two options for loading screen, which should I go with?

QiYePVj.jpg

8cWtIzf.jpg

• Like 1

Can't you use both, like how some planets have different loading screens for different areas? Is the star map quest /  location a spoiler btw? I won't ask again if it is lol

• Like 2

Haven't chimed in on this thread before (I think), but this is looking fantastic, Sithspecter.

I think Option 2 works best for the loading screen. Sure, the first looks more like the vanilla loading screens, but some of them in the game aren't exactly incredible photos by today's standards. The soft glow from the sun on top of the buildings in 2 goes a long way imo.

21 hours ago, musicforthepiano said:

Can't you use both, like how some planets have different loading screens for different areas? Is the star map quest /  location a spoiler btw? I won't ask again if it is lol

I agree. You'll probably have to use both of these load screens anyway since there are at least a couple modules for this mod.

I like Option 2, although I agree w/Kexikus that Option 1 feels more vanilla KotOR.

• Like 1

1 feels more KotOR, though I agree with the comment wondering why you couldn't use both for different loading areas.

• Like 2

Just to clarify, you can’t use two load screens for the same module. These are both options for the same module. It wouldn’t make sense to use one in another area that isn’t the street.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. If anyone else wants to chime in, I am still undecided.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sithspecter said:

Just to clarify, you can’t use two load screens for the same module. These are both options for the same module. It wouldn’t make sense to use one in another area that isn’t the street.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. If anyone else wants to chime in, I am still undecided.

Why not just have the winner be included in the mod and have the loser be included in an optional loading screen mod or something.

Btw, are you still going to use the vanilla style blue loading screens? Because whilst your coloured screens are amazing if I wanted to play with just K1R, the unofficial patch and Sleheyron those coloured loading screens will look out of place.