Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

If you are open to suggestions for items that merchants can sell, I would like to suggest Onyx and Moonstone color crystals.

We do not plan to add any color crystals to Sleheyron. There might be one power crystal, but Sleheyron is very separated from hokey Jedi things.

I think that's a bit too custom, as there's nothing to suggest as far as I know that those were intended colour crystals

Though they do say it's pretty much custom at this point, I think it's still on the basis of trying to make it as close as possible while still feeling like a complete world to what was originally intended, so creating completely unrelated content that doesn't fit in with the story holes that are filled is sort of against the idea of the mod

Goat hit the nail on the head here. We aren't going to introduce anything ground breaking in the items sector. All the items you find will be quite similar to their KotOR counterparts. For instance, you might run across new blasters, melee weapons, etc. These will use the same default models in KotOR. You will experience similar shortcomings in the items sector that you encounter across all of KotOR. Most items will be pretty standard fare.

The goal is to integrate the planet as seamlessly into KotOR as possible. That means things like the landing/takeoff videos, the characters, items, and textures will all be similar quality to what you see in the game. That's not to say there can't be mods to correct some of these things produced, but the Sleheyron release in itself will be very similar to what you find on existing planets.

• Like 1

Will you be removing the Sleheyron music from the trapped box sequence with the Rakatan and replacing it with something else?

Will you be removing the Sleheyron music from the trapped box sequence with the Rakatan and replacing it with something else?

Thanks to Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge, I could never imagine that to work as any sort of ambience music whatsoever.

• Like 2

We haven't worried about that at this point.

In the movie 31a.bik, Bastila names off all the planets where you find the Star Maps except for Sleheyron.

Will this movie be modified in any way for when Sleheyron is released? Or will it just stay as is?

Bastila doesn't ever say "Sleheyron" from what I recall.

She definitely does not hence why I am wondering if this movie will be edited to include her saying "Sleheyron" and have a rotating shot of the Star Map like the other planets in the sequence have.

Would be an incredible feat of modding if that were to be accomplished!

She definitely does not hence why I am wondering if this movie will be edited to include her saying "Sleheyron" and have a rotating shot of the Star Map like the other planets in the sequence have.

Would be an incredible feat of modding if that were to be accomplished!

The M4-78 movies are from scratch, and the "movies redone" mod makes them look pretty authentic. So it's possible

If one could extract the sound from Bastilla listing the planets and replace the movie with something that looks convincing enough, it can't be that hard to speed up showing the rotation of the star maps to fit in the new one and keep along with the narration/music

If it's possible to somehow sentence splice her into saying Sleheyron, now THAT would be impressive.... only other option I can think of is to have it as the last planet for after she's captured, but I don't know how that would work or if it can

I'm growing tired of the needless discussion around tiny details such as Bastila lines or movies.

Fair Strides and I have given some thought to these, but there are no great solutions. Most likely, any bik movies will remain unchanged. We don't have a good way to get Bastila to say "Sleheyron", or any of the other party members for that matter. Sleheyron won't be restricted to being only visit-able after the Leviathan, that would be frustrating for players to have to play through 80% of the game before experiencing the mod.

Realistically, very little is lost by Bastila having no lines. It's not going to break the mod because Bastila doesn't say a few lines that she normally says on the other planet.

Instead, let's focus on what we can accomplish, which is creating an immersive planet with a rich storyline and characters, all in brand new areas.

• Like 9

If need be, you could just delete or edit the line where Bastila mentions the planets. It doesn't really matter.

What I'm wondering is how you'll make Sleheyron's star map not break the game.

If need be, you could just delete or edit the line where Bastila mentions the planets. It doesn't really matter.

What I'm wondering is how you'll make Sleheyron's star map not break the game.

That's actually surprisingly easy.

All of the Star Maps go back to an include script governing variables and animations for when the Star Map is activated, and they each increment the K_STAR_MAP global number by 10 (for an end total of 40 to trigger the Leviathan and 50 to trigger the Star Forge being accessible). Similarly, the galaxy map checks the K_STAR_MAP global number for certain values to trigger events.

We simply have to modify these checks to account for the higher value of 60 as opposed to 50.

• Like 2

dude, i would gladly donate my hutt boss protocol droid model for this mod. that is if you dont mind straying just a tiny smidgen from the original content.

great work. i read this thread and the old one, and i have to say you have come a long way to making this module appear very very close to the original. the only thing i might suggest is tweaking the colors a tiny bit, but that is not really a major issue.

btw, are there any screens of the different hutt crime bosses that were supposed to be in this module? has anyone ever tried making hutt accessories before to help distinguish between the different ones?

great work. i read this thread and the old one, and i have to say you have come a long way to making this module appear very very close to the original. the only thing i might suggest is tweaking the colors a tiny bit, but that is not really a major issue.

btw, are there any screens of the different hutt crime bosses that were supposed to be in this module? has anyone ever tried making hutt accessories before to help distinguish between the different ones?

The colors are a direct attribute of the textures, which were still left in the game's files. So the colors are essentially exactly on point for what Bioware was going to create.

There are no Bioware screenshots of the Hutts on Sleheyron. There are only 7 known Bioware screenshots of Sleheyron, which only feature the street module. Nobody has ever tried to make Hutt accessories, but we are planning on having minor reskins of the Hutts to help distinguish between them.

The colors are a direct attribute of the textures, which were still left in the game's files. So the colors are essentially exactly on point for what Bioware was going to create.

There are no Bioware screenshots of the Hutts on Sleheyron. There are only 7 known Bioware screenshots of Sleheyron, which only feature the street module. Nobody has ever tried to make Hutt accessories, but we are planning on having minor reskins of the Hutts to help distinguish between them.

i imagine one could make the accessories right in the character model. so say if one had a cybernetic eye, that could be added to the model itself. if one had a habit of wearing extravagant headgear or jewelry, then that could also be added to the model. im not sure how hutts are handled in the game, if they all sahre the same model and just reference a different texture, but if they each have their own model it might make it fun to add certain details like that. i might do something like that and hand it over to you.

i imagine one could make the accessories right in the character model. so say if one had a cybernetic eye, that could be added to the model itself. if one had a habit of wearing extravagant headgear or jewelry, then that could also be added to the model. im not sure how hutts are handled in the game, if they all sahre the same model and just reference a different texture, but if they each have their own model it might make it fun to add certain details like that. i might do something like that and hand it over to you.

I am suddenly reminded of the Hutts in Derek Jeter's Mandalorian Armor series, which had cybernetic eyes, arms, and even floating platforms to get around. (D'Harhan was also a 90% cyborg with a giant repeating plasma cannon strapped to his back; he wasn't a Hutt but it would be awesome to see something like that in-game :P )

I am suddenly reminded of the Hutts in Derek Jeter's Mandalorian Armor series, which had cybernetic eyes, arms, and even floating platforms to get around. (D'Harhan was also a 90% cyborg with a giant repeating plasma cannon strapped to his back; he wasn't a Hutt but it would be awesome to see something like that in-game :P )

yeah but i wouldnt want to go too far overboard. i was always one for subtlety, even if whatever i do is an improvement on things, i still dont like to depart too much. besides it is really up to SS. its his teams mod.

yeah but i wouldnt want to go too far overboard. i was always one for subtlety, even if whatever i do is an improvement on things, i still dont like to depart too much. besides it is really up to SS. its his teams mod.

Indeed. ;) I was more providing detailed ideas for how far a Hutt controlled planet could go based on what I'd seen in various media. I figure, if the team wants to go as far as they can with the designs, the source of the trend could be a good place to start.

(Also I am very confident that the Hutts with eyewear from TCW which everyone's all but mentioning were inspired from Jeter's descriptions in his books or from other much older illustrated stories.)

• Like 1

Indeed. ;) I was more providing detailed ideas for how far a Hutt controlled planet could go based on what I'd seen in various media. I figure, if the team wants to go as far as they can with the designs, the source of the trend could be a good place to start.

(Also I am very confident that the Hutts with eyewear from TCW which everyone's all but mentioning were inspired from Jeter's descriptions in his books or from other much older illustrated stories.)

sounds pretty cool. just for kicks im going to make a hutt with Mr.T gold jewelry lol (maybe)

• Like 1

sounds pretty cool. just for kicks im going to make a hutt with Mr.T gold jewelry lol (maybe)

I approve and posit another feature from the Jeters book, a Hutt repulsorlift floating chair and cybernetic T-Rex arms. ;)

I approve and posit another feature from the Jeters book, a Hutt repulsorlift floating chair and cybernetic T-Rex arms. ;)

i will get right on it!