Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

Very excited to hear this update!

I know it's still quite early in the making, but do you plan on there being a demo? Good way to have several people test for glitches and the like

From what we've discussed, there will most likely be no demo, but we think we have several beta-testers in mind for when we get to that point (which is a very long ways away... :)).

I know it's still quite early in the making, but do you plan on there being a demo? Good way to have several people test for glitches and the like

We're trying to deliver a polished, finished product and as such there will be no demo released.

A suggestion.

Don't forget about the small touches on the vanilla planets, such as decommissioned (In that you can repair so they fight by your side.) droids or active mines placed in combat zones. A lot of area mods seem to forget about those kind of details.

A suggestion.

Don't forget about the small touches on the vanilla planets, such as decommissioned (In that you can repair so they fight by your side.) droids or active mines placed in combat zones. A lot of area mods seem to forget about those kind of details.

Ah yes! This is a perfect representation of what the mod needs, also it should have what the rest of the game has, like random corpses footlockers with random items ect...

A suggestion.

Ah yes! This is a perfect representation of what the mod needs, also it should have what the rest of the game has, like random corpses footlockers with random items ect...

These follow under the "polishing" section, and as it is, those particular things I can implement rather quickly with the game's loot system already filling the containers.

Something else to keep in mind. Remember that certain events happen (For example, Yavin IV Space Station adding additional items for sale.) when you activate Star Maps. If this mod is going to include a Star Map, it would be a good idea to try and find a list of everything that changes in the game when you activate a Star Map. There is also the matter of new landing / take-off BIK movies and galaxy map planet models, but I'm sure you two already have accounted for that.

Something else to keep in mind. Remember that certain events happen (For example, Yavin IV Space Station adding additional items for sale.) when you activate Star Maps. If this mod is going to include a Star Map, it would be a good idea to try and find a list of everything that changes in the game when you activate a Star Map. There is also the matter of new landing / take-off BIK movies and galaxy map planet models, but I'm sure you two already have accounted for that.

The landing and take-off movies will be among the last things done.

And the hologram should be doable then as well.

What will party members say when coming upon this star map? I am still a bit confused is this a restoration project of stuff that is already there just hidden in the files, or is this like a completely new planet that was never planned to be in the game. Because if it is a restoration project there is probably already recorded party member lines for the star map scene, I'd also like to inquire as to how many side quests will this planet include, and if we do the planets in the correct order can darth brandon appear on the planet?

Sleheyron was a planned to be in KotOR but gut scrapped pretty early in development so there is not much left in the files.

There are however some screenshots from early in the development that show what Sleheyron would look like and AFAIK this project tries to make Sleheyron as close to what is known as possible but will of course need to make almost everything from scratch.

What will party members say when coming upon this star map? I am still a bit confused is this a restoration project of stuff that is already there just hidden in the files, or is this like a completely new planet that was never planned to be in the game. Because if it is a restoration project there is probably already recorded party member lines for the star map scene, I'd also like to inquire as to how many side quests will this planet include, and if we do the planets in the correct order can darth brandon appear on the planet?

Quick Sleheyron History Lesson.

1. Sleheyron was intended to be in Knights of the Old Republic.

2. Sleheyron was cut early in development.

3. There were 5 screenshots of Sleheyron released before it was cut.

4. There are Sleheyron textures still in the game's files.

5. There are Sleheyron gladiator arenas still in the game's files.

6. As far as we know, no VO or dialog exists in the game from Sleheyron.

This planet will include 87 side quests.:rolleyes:

I don't see what the fascination with Darth Bandon/Calo/Leviathan/Star Map order is. We have a list of 10,473 things to do before we worry about that. Big picture right now is getting areas done.

Quick Sleheyron History Lesson.

1. Sleheyron was intended to be in Knights of the Old Republic.

2. Sleheyron was cut early in development.

3. There were 5 screenshots of Sleheyron released before it was cut.

4. There are Sleheyron textures still in the game's files.

5. There are Sleheyron gladiator arenas still in the game's files.

6. As far as we know, no VO or dialog exists in the game from Sleheyron.

This planet will include 87 side quests.:rolleyes:

I don't see what the fascination with Darth Bandon/Calo/Leviathan/Star Map order is. We have a list of 10,473 things to do before we worry about that. Big picture right now is getting areas done.

87 Side quests... Holy cow! Seriously? That sounds like a planet with a whole crapload of content. Sounds like I'll get my Gigabyte space outta this mod.

This planet will include 87 side quests. :rolleyes:

Are these planned quests, or, some quests done, others bits are done, and a lot more on the drawing boards. Curious as it seems to me that 87 quests are on the high side. Even if they are relatively small "side" quests, seems like a lot with current tools, even with a large experienced team.

This is for the most part is just TEXT. It lacks a lot of context, and I've seen a lot of naivety here. So, someone saying they are planning on 87 quests, which will likely add up to one giant turd quest if ever completed, seems perfectly reasonable to me ;).

Are there any plans on the movies for the Star Map vision and Bastila's comment on it? There's also the matter of when she verbally lists the planets each map is on (IE during the Revelation movie). Unless one of us here secretly has Jennifer Hale on speeddial, that seems to be sort of a tricky spot