Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

I don't want to lock it, as I think that would cause people to incorrectly think that the project was cancelled even if I provided explanation. Either way I will try to provide more updates as I work on the project.

If you ever need more video footage you know who to talk to.

I don't want to lock it, as I think that would cause people to incorrectly think that the project was cancelled even if I provided explanation. Either way I will try to provide more updates as I work on the project.

Actually, maybe that's why you should lock it.

People think it's cancelled and then BOOM

• Like 1

so far,so good....BUT,you BETTER make a cantina with some entertaining music =P

Do you even have side quest and story related stuff planned for this mod yet

(Note: I'm interpreting the comment in a negative light, mostly because of the word "even")

We have several of the quests and story plotted out, and I'm implementing content when I can. The key phrase there is "when I can". For reference, here's a breakdown of last week and a breakdown of the coming week for my schedule:

(Things to note: 1) Brother's apartment has no internet and 2) all of my modding files, particularly Sleheyron, are on my main computer, not my laptop)

Last week:

Monday: Up at 6:30AM, out the door by 6:45AM, bike 3.5 miles to town (35-45 minutes), take the bus to McMinnville (30 minute bus-ride), bike 1.3 miles (15 minutes), kill an hour before class, math class from 9:30AM-11:30AM, bike 2.7 or so miles to my brother's new apartment to drop-in before he has to work (1 hour, due to unfamiliar route, sidewalks, stoplights, and people), kill time with him and his roommate, decide to spend the night, go home to grab my things and let my uncle know, went back to my brother's place and ate dinner, got a ride down to McDonald's to borrow Wi-Fi and do some homework for my online Writing course, come back to the apartment and watch Deadpool. Go to bed around 1:30AM.

Tuesday: Up around 8:30AM, hang out with brother and roommate until they leave to go job-hunting (they have jobs, but want to leave) at 11AM. Play Dishonored and watch some anime on my laptop until they get back, swap out games for my brother and proceed to watch more anime on laptop, alternate between reading, games, and anime for the day, just being lazy after I got my Math homework done. Go to bed around 1:15AM.

Wednesday: Up around 8:30AM, out the door by 8:45AM to go to school. Get there around 9:20AM. Study a lesson and take a test. Friend couldn't make it, so I took notes and made plans to come to his place later in the week. Hang out with my brother and roommate, get asked to take a look at the roommate's mini-computer and fix it up some. Fix it up, hang out some more, get taken home. I get home around 7PM, eat dinner, and I go to bed early (12AM) because Mom will be down the next day.

Thursday: Wake up around 7:15AM, watch anime on the computer and shoot Mom a text asking about plans and saying that I'd like to buy her lunch. Find out she will be down Friday instead, so the day becomes a lazy day, with some video games, some chatting with friends and browsing online, and go out to shoot the bow for practice. Also chat with Sith Specter a bit via Skype while collecting my arrows. And did my homework for my Writing class.

Friday: Up around 8:45AM. Mom shows up and I help her work around the property. Also help with some mini-fridges. Around 1:15PM I get a ride from my Aunt into McMinnville. Get to my friend's place around 2:10PM, wait and read until the scheduled 2:30PM, spend the next 1.7 hours teaching him what we learned in Math on Monday. Get picked up by my aunt and go back home, get back around 5PM. Do some work in the office for my Uncle. Then my other Uncle comes in to chat with me about my plans for the next week, since he wants to help me upgrade my computer like we've been planning to do. Make plans to do it Wednesday.

Saturday: Spend most of the day outside, helping my Uncles, Grandpa, and a friend of the family work on the concrete pumps and I spend several hours weed-eating/brush-cutting. Come in around 9PM, eat dinner (hamburgers), and watched London Has Fallen.

Sunday: So far, I've spent about 5 hours weed-eating/brush-cutting, am done for the day, and plan on doing some research about Justice for a writing assignment. Also writing this reply to someone's comment since we seem to be moving too slow.

Next week:

Monday: 4th of July, so I'll be enjoying all of the festivities down in town, as well as doing more research on my writing assignment. Also need to start on a draft for the assignment, since the draft is due tonight.

Tuesday: Transfer Writing assignment to my laptop, grab Kung Fu Panda 3, and go to my brother's place (still trying to figure out when) and will be staying the night. Again, no internet!

Wednesday: Go to Math class, get my stuff from my brother's place, and go home. Work with my Uncle to upgrade my computer and then spend the evening making sure everything went alright with the upgrade and I haven't screwed up again...

Thursday: Nothing planned yet, except to work on the writing assignment some more. It's a minimum of 1000 words. Not sure when or if Mom is coming down.

Friday: Nothing planned yet, except to work on the writing assignment. It's due by 11PM PST tonight...

Saturday: Nothing planned, but depends on what my Uncle needs done.

Sunday: Nothing planned, but depends on what my Uncle needs done.

As you might be able to see, the possibilities to actually do any modding have either been unavailable (files not on the laptop), non-existant (school-work and property-work, and then just being tired), or up in the air (since a good portion of next week is open, but I have priorities.

Let's also consider the fact that I still need to fix some K1R bugs and make the new installer for that to be properly done for now. Sith Specter is also very busy (I think over-worked) with his job and real life things. We both have our next "checkpoints" of progress, but finding the time and energy to do them isn't always going to be possible.

I'm a part-time student at a Community College, and that schedule isn't exactly flexible. Plus I'm in the Summer term (which is only 8 weeks instead of 10), so the pace is a bit faster than what it would have been in the Fall term. I also have a life and don't always want to be on the computer, so I've occasionally been trying to do other things with my free time.

• Like 2

(Note: I'm interpreting the comment in a negative light, mostly because of the word "even")

I did not mean to say go faster i'm just saying if this mod does include a star map than that would mean you need a story to go through for example on Korriban you collect sith rellics to get to the star map. here you'd likely get the attention of the hutts and you work for them and when you do enough work they give you the star map which is locked up in their trophy room.

Now I 100% understand this isn't easy and you have lives but this seems near impossible since you will need to edit the Levinithan encounter, edit Calo nord and Darth bandon to go their, make certain NPC's spawn for example when Carths friend tells you about dustil spawn their, have random encounters like the GenoHaradan messanger appear, make choices on certain worlds effect Sleheyron like the wookie rebellion and the destruction of kolto so even if you have spare time to burn I bet it still won't be near finished.

Trust me when I say, they've already done quite a bit of research, and FairStrides is one of the biggest subject matter experts on the Kotor engine. They never said they didn't know how to finish it; just that they didn't have enough time.

You would be surprised how many discussions have gone through regarding the Star Map, and scripting in random encounters is actually quite simple. The real issues are finishing up the work already done and making this project likely better than most "closed beta" games in terms of completion.

I did not mean to say go faster i'm just saying if this mod does include a star map than that would mean you need a story to go through for example on Korriban you collect sith rellics to get to the star map. here you'd likely get the attention of the hutts and you work for them and when you do enough work they give you the star map which is locked up in their trophy room.

Now I 100% understand this isn't easy and you have lives but this seems near impossible since you will need to edit the Levinithan encounter, edit Calo nord and Darth bandon to go their, make certain NPC's spawn for example when Carth's friend tells you about dustil spawn their, have random encounters like the GenoHaradan messanger appear, make choices on certain worlds effect Sleheyron like the wookie rebellion and the destruction of kolto so even if you have spare time to burn I bet it still won't be near finished.

You might be surprised how easy it is to modify those things, actually. Take a look at the globals in KSE and, knowing at least how the numbers in there work, it isn't the complicated to make the necessary alterations

Now I 100% understand this isn't easy and you have lives but this seems near impossible since you will need to edit the Levinithan encounter, edit Calo nord and Darth bandon to go their, make certain NPC's spawn for example when Carth's friend tells you about dustil spawn their, have random encounters like the GenoHaradan messanger appear, make choices on certain worlds effect Sleheyron like the wookie rebellion and the destruction of kolto so even if you have spare time to burn I bet it still won't be near finished.

They used to say that animating Revan's cape was impossible too. I showed them. Thanks for your vote of confidence though.

The reason that Fair Strides (and I for that matter) are somewhat upset with your comment was that you said, "Do you even have sidequest and story related stuff planned for this mod yet?" as if we'd been going about this for 2 years without considering the need for a plot.  :rolleyes:

You would be surprised how many discussions have gone through regarding the Star Map, and scripting in random encounters is actually quite simple. The real issues are finishing up the work already done and making this project likely better than most "closed beta" games in terms of completion.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. I've known this from the beginning. There are large spurts of productivity and there are lulls where little happens. The important thing is that we keep working on it. You might be interested to know that in the ~3 months of development of High Quality Blasters, the last month contained 66% of the progress.

And again, I'd like to emphasize that our lack of updates in this thread does not mean that I have nothing to show. Actually, there are a number of areas that we haven't disclosed to the public because we want you to have a brand new experience similar to the other planets. I'd love to show them to you, but I don't want to take away some of the magic that's associated with seeing new places and things.

• Like 3

The reason that Fair Strides (and I for that matter) are somewhat upset with your comment was that you said, "Do you even have sidequest and story related stuff planned for this mod yet?" as if we'd been going about this for 2 years without considering the need for a plot.  :rolleyes:

Well every added content mod has a plot i was Just asking do you guys know how you will get to and obtain the star map personally I hope you add a bounty system to the game like Zax's bounty office but on sleheyron.

I'd like to emphasize that our lack of updates in this thread does not mean that I have nothing to show. Actually, there are a number of areas that we haven't disclosed to the public because we want you to have a brand new experience similar to the other planets. I'd love to show them to you, but I don't want to take away some of the magic that's associated with seeing new places and things.

Well can you show progress screenshots please like don't spoil it like show off for example populated area's, new models and maybe even the star map itself (Silverledge9 did that back when Brotherhood of shadow was in development, no spoilers just progress)

They used to say that animating Revan's cape was impossible too. I showed them. Thanks for your vote of confidence though.

Well it's kinda true people probably once said no one could restore TSL to a working state, same goes for M4-78, and K1R.

The reason I say near impossible because you and fair strides (Probably two of the best modders of Kotor that still mods) are the only ones with the potential of doing for example someone like me this would never see the light of day.

In my opinion the Tatooine temple is more easier to restore than this and the fact that you guys have started is amazing :)

Lol, I still remember my reaction to seeing Revan's cape animated back in 2009. My jaw must have dropped. I thought that we reached the pinnacle of Kotor modding. XD

And I'm not concerned about the mod developers not knowing how to fit Sleheyron in with the rest of the game. I mean, we kind of proved that this could be resolved with M4-78 and TSLRCM as a a whole.

I'm more concerned about how the hell I'm going to make this beast of a mod compatible with my current override folder. That's going to be the fun part for me. :D

• Like 1

According to Sith Specter, the Tatooine Temple would need parts re-modelled to not be as jagged or really too low-poly, the walkmeshes would need to be re-done from scratch, and then at point you'd only have to do what's left for a custom level (lightmapping, compiling, basic files, .etc). That being said, with the lack of real content, he's opted that it would be too much work for too little gain and it'd just feel forced if we included it in Sleheyron.

Surprisingly enough, I could literally implement the banter spots, Genoharadan Messenger, Party Member Messengers, Xor, and Ziagrom all within 20 minutes as soon as I know where we want these to be. We know exactly where we want Calo and Bandon to show up, but we aren't there yet in the actual content. I've also made as-yet-untested changes to the Star Maps and Galaxy Map so that we should be good to go on that, but that will only be figured out as we test the mod, which is a long way off.

While I'm glad people have such confidence in me, all that knowledge is rather useless if you don't use it. Like SS said, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Right now I'm in a low point modding-wise, but I know I'll crawl out of it and work like lightning. This Summer term at College ends in mid-August and then the next term doesn't start until the end of September, so I will have a good five or six weeks of no school to play with. Not making any promises, but we'll see how it goes. :)

Talon%20Raider%20copy.jpg

Introducing the Talon Raider!

It's no "fastest ship in the galaxy," because it's not about how fast you get to your destination, but it's about the journey to get there. The Talon Raider doesn't have two measly engines, but has four like a real ship. That thick hull? It's not just decorative, it can repel even the heaviest blaster fire. But that would be assuming the blaster bolts make it to the hull, which they don't. Its quad shield generators are top of the line, and can form almost any aerodynamic shape for atmospheric flight. And just like a cowboy, it packs a six gun. Well, six of the heaviest laser cannons that Czerka produces.

You might think that's all well and good, but does it have it where it counts? Can I load up all my contraband and make an escape in quick fashion?

I'm here to tell you that you most certainly can! A spacious hydraulic lift under the cargo hold will have you in business. No more cramming a swoop bike through a tiny corridor and down a teeny ramp, just ride right up onto the lift. The cargo hold and cargo pod provide ample space for all your smuggling needs! Anything from spice to livestock and more sentient cargo if your conscience (or lack thereof) allows.

• Like 16

Holy cow. I hope that keeps folks satiated for a little while. Keep up the great work you two. You are an inspiration.

Is this ship going to replace the Ebon Hawk or is it just for getting around Sleheyron?

This ship will not replace the Ebon Hawk in any fashion. One of the main quests involves this ship though.

• Like 2

This ship will not replace the Ebon Hawk in any fashion. One of the main quests involves this ship though.

You heard it here folks: This ship will be replacing the Ebon Hawk as part of a full conversion mod

• Like 5

You heard it here folks: This ship will be replacing the Ebon Hawk as part of a full conversion mod

What have you started??

Makes sense to me. You wouldn't even need to include the fighter battles since the six cannons on it would decimate any fighters that dare approach. ;)

I would really want to see how much different the battle at the Star Forge would have gone as well...

Also, instead of one stowaway, you could have an entire small colony; and I dare wonder how many gizka you'd have...

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Sithspecter! You and Fair Strides keep up the good work!

So Sithspecter said it won't replace the ebon hawk yet varistypuppet said it will so who do I believe

So Sithspecter said it won't replace the ebon hawk yet varistypuppet said it will so who do I believe

What does your heart tell you?

• Like 7