Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

I love that you're going to restore as much as possible, including the star map. :D However, it made me think about one little thing: When will the Leviathan take place? Right now (if not counting Dantooine), it is after 3 star maps.

With Sleheyron and its star map added, I could think of 3 possible ways:

- Leviathan after 3 star maps (same amount of planets completed as now)

- Leviathan after 4 star maps (same amount of planets left to complete as now)

- Leviathan after 3 of the 4 star maps on non-Sleheyron planets (for someone with no scripting knowledge, like me, this might seem the easiest solution)

I would personally favour the 2nd, having 1 planet left after the Leviathan, and counting Sleheyron just like all the others (unlike in option 3, where it would seem... less important, idk). :blush: Would also be nice with the encounters, right now you have: map 1: Calo, map 3: Bandon; Leviathan, then it would be 1: Calo, 3: Bandon, 4: Leviathan. Your Opinion? :P

I have yet to work out the Star Map and how it affects all of the various encounters. What you suggest seems logical, and we will probably do that if it is feasible.

I apologize for the double post, but I can't find the edit button. Probably in plain site :sleep:

Will this restoration affect Suvam Tan's shop? Its inventory changes every time you acquire a new Star Map (and I'm not quite sure what triggers the encounter with the Trandoshan thugs, but it also seems to be related)

My opinion would be to leave Suvam's shop as it is, we'll have to see how this mod affects those encounters later in development.

On another note, Xuul has done an excellent job in previewing this mod:

His system proves that the areas do not lag on their own, and he gives a good overview of the mod.

I know you showed some of the video footage before, but got all excited watching in the video review again.  It really does look great.

And I also really like the idea of not trying to expand the content too much with filler, but just polish it very nicely.  A small area that still feel like the quality of the rest of the game is much better than a large area with a lot of running but just feels like filler.  Atleast, I'm assuming from what I saw of the map that's what you're going for?

• Like 1

I know you showed some of the video footage before, but got all excited watching in the video review again.  It really does look great.

And I also really like the idea of not trying to expand the content too much with filler, but just polish it very nicely.  A small area that still feel like the quality of the rest of the game is much better than a large area with a lot of running but just feels like filler.  Atleast, I'm assuming from what I saw of the map that's what you're going for?

Yes, that's what I'm going for. I'm trying to avoid to much useless space in the areas that I create. The street may even be a slightly large, but I studied the Bioware screenshots very, very closely to replicate it. It seems about the size of Anchorhead on Tatooine to me. The second street module with the bazaar sections is smaller, and each part has a definite purpose for the plot.

We will try to avoid too much running around through expansive areas in this mod.

A few questions...

1. Are those three modules finalized?

2. How many modules do you plan on having in total and what will they be?

3. Fair Strides mentioned adding the Czerka HQ and Tatooine Temple (cut content by Bioware) to your Sleheyron mod. Is that still the current plan?

A few questions...

3. Fair Strides mentioned adding the Czerka HQ and Tatooine Temple (cut content by Bioware) to your Sleheyron mod. Is that still the current plan?

#3 would be a great idea! It would be a shame to put such great modules to waste, wouldn't it? I know you want to create everything from scratch, but it would be a great idea for both the restoration mod and for the Sleheyron mod if one or two of the unused modules can find a home in Sleheyron.

A few questions...

1. All three of those areas are essentially in their final state as far as the models and textures go.

2. We are not going to reveal that at this point.

3. That's been an idea that's been tossed around, I'll discuss more below.

#3 would be a great idea! It would be a shame to put such great modules to waste, wouldn't it? I know you want to create everything from scratch, but it would be a great idea for both the restoration mod and for the Sleheyron mod if one or two of the unused modules can find a home in Sleheyron.

Well, the modules aren't so great in their current state. The Tatooine temple would essentially need to be completely re-done, which would be a huge amount of work. The Czerka module is a little more complete, and is meant for Korriban, not Sleheyron. Really they deserve mods of their own. There was never a plan to put them on the Sleheyron planet, rather to integrate them on their own planets but linked to one Sleheyron quest. Currently with the plot we have, there is no reason to do this. I'd say it's unlikely that we will include them given the technical difficulty and lack of plot necessity for them.

I thought the Czerka module was in BOS:SR anyway?

Not that I can recall at all, unless it was the Hutt's Office. The cut Taris level was used as the Mining Tunnels, though.

Not that I can recall at all, unless it was the Hutt's Office. The cut Taris level was used as the Mining Tunnels, though.

Don't you mean the Residential Level? The Mining Tunnels, as I recall, were just a reuse of the Shyrack Caves.

Don't you mean the Residential Level? The Mining Tunnels, as I recall, were just a reuse of the Shyrack Caves.

Okay, the cut Vulkar Base was used as a part of the Mining Facility. :) Haven't actually played BoS:SR in a while.

Okay, the cut Vulkar Base was used as a part of the Mining Facility. :D Haven't actually played BoS:SR in a while.

Don't mean to be picky Fair Strides :thumbup: 

A quick question - I like the idea of using the theme from the Mind Prison (which was intended for Sleheyron anyway) as the normal music, but what about the battle theme?

As I've been told, the theme originally meant for Sleheyron's battles ended up being used for Star Forge battles:

Truth be told, I feel that music really fits the Star Forge and it would be better imo to keep it there, but that begs the question - what should we use for Sleheryon?

I feel like that music should stay in the Star Forge Levels. For the Sleheyron Battles, maybe the Anchorhead Street Battle theme will fit?

Ah, right, that one's rarely used

Or perhaps use the track here that plays at 54:42?

I don't recall this piece ever being used in game. It would double as a nice restoration to hear it used for Sleheyron's battles

Right now I'm planning on leaving the Star Forge the way it is but also using that track for the Sleheyron battles.

SS, perhaps you could remix the Star Forge music (for Sleheyron) in some way to add some variety? Just tossing the idea out there...

Right now I'm planning on leaving the Star Forge the way it is but also using that track for the Sleheyron battles.

Well it isn't changing the SF so much as personally thinking that music is better for exsclusively the SF. There are some tracks as pointed out above that never play in the game, so it would be cool to hear them elsewhere

The SF battle theme as it is just gives you that feeling of wave after wave of endless Sith coming out to decimate you and your party and it has such an otherworldly feel to it. If it had to come to a vote, I'd say use something else for Sleheyron, but I'm not the modder, so

Right now we really don't want to split hairs over minor things like the music. We're focused on the bigger picture for the moment. When we've got all the areas nailed down and most of the content in place we will be happy to debate the music.

Right now we really don't want to split hairs over minor things like the music. We're focused on the bigger picture for the moment. When we've got all the areas nailed down and most of the content in place we will be happy to debate the music.

That's a good plan. I'll be ready for the debate when you're ready. ;)

Due to concerns over the music, we have decided to make sure that we don't play a song for the Sleheyron battles that is used anywhere else in the game. We are in the process of contacting Van McCoy to secure the appropriate permission to include "The Hustle" as the default Sleheyron battle tune.

• Like 1

Brilliant. Why didn't I think of that?

Personally I think something like

, or
would suit the heightened adrenaline levels better.

But seriously, great progress with this dude. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Guest R2-X2

On topic: I think the concern was less about Sleheyron using a music that is already used elsewhere but about the Star Forge music no longer being unique to the Star Forge.

What the hell is even going on anymore? :hrhr:

I think I'll replace Sleheyron's soundtrack with all of the music posted here once the first release comes out. XD

Hey this is just an idea but could you add a new optional party member to the game? Like a female one for males and a male one for females so we can have another romance Ik it is odd for me to want a romance since I am a guy but idk, just an idea :D

I meant to say add the optional party member with sle heron :P

Sleheyron* darn auto-correct