Malkior's Kotor 2 Sound Collection

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=445

File Name: Malkior's Kotor 2 Sound Collection

File Submitter: Malkior

File Submitted: 26 Jul 2014

File Category: Mods

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

This is my first foray into sound editing, so please be gentle.. :'

The story begins where I really hated the canned sound that the thunder makes when it's playing on Dxun. It may get the job done, but it just sounded so underwhelming to me. I went into a sound editor and added a few bass filters until, voila! I had a thunder not only loud, but with my subwoofer, of a great amount of impact.

Anyway, after a quick tour of the Kotor 2 sound files, I found a few of the files that I felt needed an audio boost or overall change and changed them. Thus compends this semi-comprehensive collection of all of the sounds I've edited over the years.

To Install: Just drop whichever files you like into your Override folder

To Uninstall: Remove the files listed in the TSLPatchData folder from your Override folder

Compatibility: This is compatible with any mod that doesn't have audio files with the same name

Permissions: Please let me know if you are going to use these sound files in your mod

Credit: Lucasarts for making Kotor and Kotor 2, Both Obsidian and Bioware for working on them,

The Audacity sound editor team, and the constant support and assistance from the DeadlyStream

community which has kept me modding, Also George Lucas who created Star Wars from the get-go

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

Really much needed idea to get on the sound files! 

Im just curious, do the sound files (e.g. Force Wave, lightning) need a certain length to be heard correctly ingame?

If not, its maybe worth to look for example into some Skyrim Mods etc, and with the permission of the authors port them to get a more "up to date" sound platform into Kotor?

According to the ReadMe:

Included are:

New thunder/lightning sounds (The current edits are delayed to imitate what would happen during an actual lightning strike, IE you never see lightning and hear thunder at the same time because thunder is the sound of lightning albeit from further away, hence the delay.)

Louder Explosions for grenades as well as a few alterations to the Sonic Explosives sound.

Louder Force Lightning and New Force Drain sound.

A different sound effect when walking on snow in the Polar Region.

A space suit breath sound more appropriate to the audio you would hear in the tighter quarters.

As well as a few miscellaneous ones like a louder flame jet sound and background audio on Dxun.

One thing to note is that these were edited and tested on equipment with a decent sensitivity to bass.

So some of the sounds may sound different on different setups.

Curiously, I don't see any sounds included that resemble walking on snow. I do see one for the Sion breaking glass on the Harbinger, however.

Also, I'm not sure if he means Force Drain or Drain Life, due to the name of the file being v_bem_drainlife.wav.

Really much needed idea to get on the sound files! 

Im just curious, do the sound files (e.g. Force Wave, lightning) need a certain length to be heard correctly ingame?

If not, its maybe worth to look for example into some Skyrim Mods etc, and with the permission of the authors port them to get a more "up to date" sound platform into Kotor?

Hm.. Are the sounds working correctly for you? I don't know if the sound files are supposed to be a certain length, but they never caused me problems when I used them in-game. If it's the lightning, that's because I added a delay for a few seconds to simulate how it interacts in real-life. If with force wave, I'll promptly look into it, as it worked for me.

__

At the moment we have a pretty strict anti-porting policy,  This is less of an issue of permission, and more of legality.Unless the Skyrim mod author could prove they made the original assets and was fine with us using it, we couldn't do it. Even then, you'd still have to talk with our authorities, I would think..

According to the ReadMe:

Curiously, I don't see any sounds included that resemble walking on snow. I do see one for the Sion breaking glass on the Harbinger, however.

Also, I'm not sure if he means Force Drain or Drain Life, due to the name of the file being v_bem_drainlife.wav.

I honestly didn't think about those, of which I apologize.

The snow footstep sound is actually called "fs_carpet". It's pretty subtle, but it turns out that both the carpet and snow footsteps use the same sound.

The force power is Drain Life. The sound works for both that and DeathField.  
  • Like 1