Vadász

[TSL] PRP: Party Rebalance Project

Warning: This is a long post and my english is not that good so you may want to get a cup of tea or something before reading all this.

Preface

PRP is a mod that aims to make all NPCs equal in terms of power, i achieve this by playing fair and making every NPC as if they were made with the same pool of 30 points you have when you build your Exile. Eventually i may alter starting feats and equipment too, however, i'd like to start by fixing their stats.

I tried to strike a compromise between optimization and fluff here, using the rules from the d20 and Saga books to in order to decide the best way to alter the NPCs.

I added some spoiler tags for actual game spoilers but i believe they're kinda pointless since i guess everyone who browses this forum prolly have finished this game at least a couple of times.

Note: The stats follow the classic STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA order.

Atton

Old Stats: 12, 16, 14, 10, 10, 12

Base/New Stats: 12, 16, 14, 10, 12, 12

A slight change that takes him to PB 30 and will eventually make him a better force user, it also reflects the fact that

He was a jedi hunter and as such one would assume he is someone who has stronger mind than the average fella

I’d like to increase his CHA a bit since he has a way with words, but I really don’t know what stat I should reduce. 

Bao-Dur

Old Stats: 14, 10, 14, 15, 14, 10

Base Stats: 14, 14, 14, 14, 12, 10 > LVL 4 point goes to STR

New Stats: 15, 14, 14, 14, 12, 10

I just upped his DEX to reach a PB 30, he was a balanced character to begin with and

with the new stats you might actually get to turn him into a decent STR based Guardian.

Disciple

Old Stats:  14, 16, 14, 10, 10, 14

Base Stats: 10, 14, 12, 12, 15, 14 > LVL 4 point goes to WIS

New Stats: 10, 14, 12, 12, 16, 14

Not once I played with a female Exile so I’d love some feedback about this fella. He is already PB 30, however, for a historian

who then becomes a consular

his INT and WIS are definitely wrong.

G0-T0

Old Stats: 10, 18, 16, 16, 10, 10

Base Stats: 12, 15, 14, 14, 10, 12 > -4 STR, +2 DEX, +2 INT, +2 WIS > LVL 4 point goes to DEX

New Stats: 8, 18, 14, 16, 12, 12

For starters his STR and CON are way too hight for a "flying ball" and he does strike me as a “dude” with higher mental stats. To get a nice array that get better mental stats we should consider the following, he may have originally been a Class 2 Droid and he is small size so that would mean he gets -2 STR, +2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CHA and that leaves us with only a PB 30 so one could increase his CHA by +2 for example so he ends up with 10, then again we should consider that he made some modifications and got Class 3 upgrades as that would mean he gets -2 STR, +2WIS, +2CHA, and after all that, he spent his LVL 4 point in DEX. And that’s “explanation” why he ends up with the stats he currently has.

Handmaiden

Old Stats:  14, 16, 14, 10, 10, 14

Base Stats: 14, 15, 14, 10, 10, 14 > LVL 4 point goes to DEX

New Stats: 14, 16 ,14, 10, 12, 12

The Handmaiden has a solid PB 30, yet I felt that she is not that charismatic and

for someone who can teach Battle Precognition

her 10 WIS strike me as a bit odd.

Hanharr

Old Stats: 20, 13, 20, 10, 12, 8

Base Stats: 14, 14, 15, 10, 14, 10 > +4 STR, -2 DEX, -2 WIS, -2 CHA > LVL 4 point goes to CON

New Stats: 18, 12, 18, 10, 12, 8

Hanharr even if we account for his racial mods are +4 STR, +2 CON, -2 DEX, -2WIS, -2CHA and assuming he put his lvl 4 point in CON, uses a monstrous PB 41. Reducing his stats to a PB 30 would not be as bad as one may think since he’d end up with 18 in both STR and CON. It'd be possible to raise his DEX to 14 by making his CHA even lower since he the polar opposite of someone charismatic, however, i guess he is fine this way.

HK-47

Old Stats: 16, 16, 10, 14, 12, 10

Base Stats: 12, 14, 10, 16, 12, 12 > +2 DEX, -2 INT -2 CHA > LVL 4 point goes to DEX

New Stats: 12, 17, 10, 14, 12, 10

HK-47 has a higher than average PB of 32, yet with his racial alterations would make his pool climb to 35, because class 4 droids get +2 DEX, -2 INT -2 CHA, and that would mean that at lvl 1 he had to buy 16 INT. A good way to reduce his PB to legal grounds would be to reduce his STR to 12 (Assassin droids are not known for their strength, since they are usually silent killers). All in all he even better since his loss of STR does not affect him at all.

Kreia

Old Stats: 10, 16, 16, 14, 16, 12

Base/New Stats: 8, 14, 12, 14, 16, 12

I’m at a loss here for someone as manipulative as Kreia her 12 CHA seems a bit low, but still, we do end up with the little problem of her brutal PB 42 array is hard to fix, I mean she is cunning and have an impressive force of will so reducing her mental stats are a bit of a problem, but reducing the too much the CON and DEX of a consular seems a bit suicidal. I'm happy with the new array though, even after hitting her hard with the nerf stick, in my games Kreia always stays in the back casting force powers and rarely takes damage so the change is not that horrible after all.

Mandalore

Old Stats: 15, 12 ,15, 12, 12, 12

Base Stats: 14, 14, 14, 12, 12, 12 > LVL 4 point goes to DEX

New Stats: 14, 15, 14, 12, 12, 12

This guy really really shines with that extra DEX since he is actually supposed to be a ranged combatant. Also his odd STR and CON did not help by much.

Mira

Old Stats: 10, 16, 11, 14, 11, 10,

Base Stats: 12, 15, 14, 12, 12, 12  > LVL 4 point goes to DEX

New Stats: 12, 16, 14, 12, 12 ,12

Her stats are horrible, if we assume her lvl 4 went to dex that leaves us with a meager PB 25 array and while this is standard in the d20 or Saga RPG, it’s brutally underpowered if you compare her to the other NPCs. While the new Mira is quite an improvement i believe she retains the same "feel" she used to have.

T3-M4

Old Stats: 10, 15, 14, 16, 10, 10

Base Stats: 10, 15, 14, 14, 10, 12 > -2 STR, +2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CHA

New Stats: 8, 17, 14, 16, 10, 12

T3 uses the standard 30 points pool. However, after applying his theoretical racial stat modifications of +2 INT, -2 CHA and the -2 STR and +2 DEX of Small Size, he ends up with a reduced pool of 27. So I decided to increase his DEX to 17 he ends up using a PB 30 again, a buff most welcome by our little fella.  And while it does not do a thing for him I decided to while reduce his STR to 8 to bump his CHA to 12 because even though he never spoke a single word I ended up caring more for him that I did for many fully voiced characters, and that my friends is what charisma is all about.

Visas

Old Stats: 12, 18, 12, 10, 12, 15

Base Stats: 12, 16, 12, 10, 12, 14 > LVL 4 point goes to DEX

New Stats: 12, 17, 14, 10, 12, 14

While visas uses a PB 35 i believe that her optimized PB 30 is still a good character. Reducing her CHA was an easy choice, in fact I would have liked it to reduce it further and maybe put those points into INT but she does not strike me as someone particularly bright either.

Final Thoughs

I have been using many of this stat alterations for years, i feel the stat changes not only help certain characters a lot but they actually seem to "fit" with with everyone... Well maybe they don't fit Kreia that well, but it's a small price to pay. 

An important deviation from my own utc is that by Saga rules droids should get only 27 points instead of 32 (It’s actually 21 instead of 25, but 32 seems to be and average between NPCs). The problem is that droid character are already way underused (With the possible exception of HK-47), lowering their stats would lead to them being played even less.

Last but not least, i'd like to point out that the changes are not set in stone and I do wish to hear what you guys have to say about them.

Download Link

1) In what order are your stats?

2) Would this mod be compatible with TSLRCM?

3) What mods do you think your mod would NOT be compatible with?

1) Classic STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA; Maybe i should add that somewhere in the post.

2) For the time being, there are simple UTC edits that can be patched by TSL Patcher, TSLRCM alters party NPCs stats, i guess it should be compatible.

3) Not sure, probably any mod that alters the stats of party NPC's, will not be compatible with my mod, at least conceptually. However i guess that you could install my mod over a larger rebalance mod if you like my stat modifications better.

The .utc are up. I found a Hanharr file in a virgin override with only TLSRCM project installed, so i edited that one and added it to the package.

Download Link

Yeah, it fixes the issue of Hanharr having the wrong version of one of the feats, so he wouldn't get updated versions of it as intended (and it would, like, work xD).