Dark_Ansem

Music Overhaul?

after one month of trying, I have absolutely no idea how to view modules and scripts. I even tried loading the modules in the Aurora Toolset, but it crashed. any tips?

after one month of trying, I have absolutely no idea how to view modules and scripts. I even tried loading the modules in the Aurora Toolset, but it crashed. any tips?

Well, it would probably help if you used the right tool. I don't know why you are using Aurora's tools when you're trying to do something for TSL. Frankly, you should have researched that aspect a bit on your own and figured out what tools you can use and what they can and can't do. Why you likely have not gotten a reply, as no one likes having to answer such questions.

With the current tools, you will NOT be able to load any modules, at least not so that you can see it in 3D. The best is KOTOR tool, which will give you a 2D overhead view of a map, however, it does not support all the modules in the game. Most people will tell you not to even bother using that aspect of the tools at all, as the module editor is unreliable. You can use the rest of the tool-set to view the game files along with edit things like scripts.

BTW: did you work on Starpoint Gemini 2, or, do you just like the game?

I did some limited editing of Starpoint gemini 2. tools are still unstable on the purely graphical side. most files need just notepad++ :D

as you mentioned, it was the only way ot trying to get stuff open in 3d. if not, what do you recommend?

Hey SIC, go in your StreamSounds folder, remove al_cantina_band.

Then add the one I'll PM you and enjoy!

Do you know which file it is for Telos?

I'm trying to replace the Telos band music with the original cantina band song and I'm having issues.

My game folder says it's .wav. I've replaced the "al_cantina_band.wav" with the song I downloaded off itunes. I converted the song to .wav with no luck. Then tried .mp3 with no luck. Any of you guys got any tips?

Nevermind, I figured out my own question.

Would anyone know how to have the B4-D4 theme song play, while playing as B4-D4?

When you're player controlling him for the mainframe data mission it still plays the standard Telos station music. Which isn't a bad thing, I just think it would add more of a comedic flavor to an already awesome mission :)

Then... you should know that music is already there with TSLRCM?

I was doing a new play through and the music didn't play :( It was just the standard Telos music.

I was doing a new play through and the music didn't play :( It was just the standard Telos music.

My play through was just like this

No B4D4 played once. And now that I think about it, it didn't play for my last play through either. Regardless, I'd just like to have B4D4's song play when I'm playing as him.

Then you aren't using TSLRCM.

What version (Steam, 4CD)? Where did you install the game to? Default? And the mod?

This is the RCM i have http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads/tslrcm-183

I have my TSL install via Steam,

This pc, local disk, program files x86, Steam, Steam apps, Common, kotor2

And RCM I'm not sure O.o it says i have 1.8.3 when I'm at my title screen, and I thought i installed it first thing when I installed my kotor2. Reinstalling to see if that fixes the issue.

PastramiX, here.

I've pretty much disowned the two mods, TSL Music Overhaul and TSL Ambience Overhaul; I made those when I had no real idea what I was doing concerning modding, and are really just a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space. They essentially were all just tweaks to the equalizer, and after playing the game for a good while I noticed that the conversion to MP3 tended to add to load times far too close to comfort for myself.

The HQ music pack by Obsidian is all you need, and chances you probably already have it.

• Like 1

Well, I have no clue...

With TSLRCM it's supposed to be like;

(B4 starts around 5 minute in).

Since that's done scriptwise, the only thing that might intervene is other stuff modifying Telos on-enter scripts...

I should have the most updated version of TSL. Updates are not disabled in steam.

Mods, gosh, I have an excessive amount, mostly just textures, but i couldn't list them all. The only ones that I think of that effect Telos are

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/203_Telos_Robbed_Civillian;82178

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/311-telos-citadel-station-skybox-by-quanon/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/300-k2tslr-the-sith-lords-remastered/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/187-k2-exterior-textures-part-1/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/188-k2-exterior-textures-part-2/

and I've replaced the al_cantina_band.wav with the original star wars Cantina song, but with a file of the same name and format.

I originally had the obsidian HQ ambiance and music update, but then applied the TSL Music Overhaul and TSL Ambience Overhaul.

I've reinstalled the 1.8.3 RCM and plan on testing the mission again soon. Thanks for your help everyone :)

I wonder...

Malacore5, did you disable Steam's auto-updating for KotOR 2, and what mods you have installed?

The possibility to disable Steam updates no longer exists actually.

The only way to disable automatic downloads is to set the game to "Only update when launch", which obviously isn't what you want to keep the modded files. But I also had no problem with Steam accidently validating the files.

PastramiX, here.

I've pretty much disowned the two mods, TSL Music Overhaul and TSL Ambience Overhaul; I made those when I had no real idea what I was doing concerning modding, and are really just a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space. They essentially were all just tweaks to the equalizer, and after playing the game for a good while I noticed that the conversion to MP3 tended to add to load times far too close to comfort for myself.

The HQ music pack by Obsidian is all you need, and chances you probably already have it.

Oh wow.  Your mods have been mainstays in my KotOR2 folder for as long as I can remember....

Going to discontinue their use based on your recommendation!

I have decided to give this another go. Let me redownload Miles...

Update: So, somehow replacing in StreamMusic doesn't help.I tried replacing the menu theme but that didn't work.

As it's been four years on, why not remind us of what you're doing and what you've tried.

That much? Seems only yesterday.

So basically, I want to spice up KOTOR's "less than memorable" soundtrack. Rather than individual battles, I'm aiming to see whether the OST can use a makeover.

Except that it cannot. I tried replacing in the main Music folder and it didn't work (main menu theme), then I thought the issue could be due to the format, so I compressed the file via Miles, and that didn't work either. 

Then I decided to check whether files in BIF archives could overwrite what I was doing - but there's no music files in the BIF file. There is a 2da, but that's it.

Any suggestions?

There's no need to compress it with Miles.

All you need is a stereo .mp3 file with the correct name and it should work.

Thanks. Any specification for the mp3 file?

can I simply replace or I need to do something else?

Simple replace AFAIK. As long as it's stereo and mp3 it should work. If you have the option choose the least compression.

Good to know, thanks.