Markus Ramikin

Merging dlg files?

I'd love to be able to make my Crystal Attunement mod compatible with other workbench mods. So, does anyone here actually understand how to use TSLpatcher to merge dlg files? I've read Stoffe's instructions (here) but after an hour or so of messing with them I find they are not clear and detailed enough for me.

If anyone here is actually good at this, a clear, step-by-step, for-dummies explanation would probably make an excellent entry to the Tutorials forum.

I wonder if I'll piss people off by posting in this really old thread?...Anywhooo, I'm trying to do the same thing. I want this mod and SLM but don't really know what I'm doing..anyone ever "merged" these? or know how to do so?

Necroposting never bothered me, but it'll probably annoy someone, the best thing to do is download the tools and get stuck into the games files. Merging two altered versions of the same dialog will require you to look through them both and manually create the new nodes to match, while transferring or copying across the contents / scripts / settings and might take a few tries to get working.

As for using TSLPatcher, I am not sure if it can merge DLG files, if it can it might be worth reading the documentation and finding out that way.

Thor1110

1 hour ago, Thor110 said:

As for using TSLPatcher, I am not sure if it can merge DLG files, if it can it might be worth reading the documentation and finding out that way.

TSLPatcher can edit DLG files, but most mods don't bother and just include the whole DLG file instead.

You can use GFF-Compare to compare two modded DLG files for differences. You'll still have to manually merge them, though, there's no shortcut for that.

• Like 1