Jorak Uln

Joraks Experiments [WIP]

But it was definetly worth it, they look great.

Glad to hear it. When i started doing it, i wasnt even quite sure, if the work would pay off...

I figured, that the pipes had to be done separately in higher resolution, then minimized to the intended size and adjusted until in correct position- it was the only way to ensure they look crisp.

-> 200 nodes alone with combine bottom/top & transform -rinse and repeat. Ugh, never again....

Glad to here that a majority of the planets are already close to completion. I was worried that this mod series would be the kind that takes a long time to finish. But a question: will you be retexturing the Ebon Hawk too, both interior and exterior?

Glad to here that a majority of the planets are already close to completion. I was worried that this mod series would be the kind that takes a long time to finish. But a question: will you be retexturing the Ebon Hawk too, both interior and exterior?

Actually every planet needs its time - and it would be fatal quality-wise to rush them ;

thats the reason why i work non-chronological on different planets simultaniously  - where ever im inspired - 

so i did some textures for the Ebon Hawk already...but they dont turn out well yet.

Safe to say that its unlikely the Hawk will be released soon - looks like the next release will be Manaan.

About exterior textures i dont think too much - the interiors are more important atm.

• Like 1

One thing I find about a lot of Sci Fi textures is that in the future, there is no concrete.  I'm glad to see these arch's have a stoney texture to them.  Great work!

Thanks. 

Well, but in the meantime I've done numerous improvements,(hope you like them as well) - they come also with a change in the arches material to match the cubemap overhauled floor.

Now the arches/walls use a highly reflective stone/metal like surface - a bit difficult to see, but very noticable when moving ingame:

post-11673-0-32548600-1439605102_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-01682400-1439605105_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Off-topic question: How do you make those screenshots without GUI and player characters?

CAPS LOCK key then screenshot as usual.

• Like 1

CAPS LOCK key then screenshot as usual.

This puts your character in first person, allowing you to better frame up your shot. If you do this in K2 as Visas or Kreia [or later the Exile], you'll see in grayscale with the color of a character's alignment overlaid.

There is an option in the Kotor.ini to Show UI Elements in screenshots. Just set that to 0.

Manaan is almost complete - only minor things are to change - but one texture i couldnt find:

the blue tech tex in the middle:

post-11673-0-73798000-1439756517_thumb.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

heres a new style of animations i tried out:

post-11673-0-34473300-1439756577_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

heres a new style of animations i tried out:

attachicon.gifKotOR0000b_1.jpg

Your skill with animated signs is absolutely amazing. Those alone give the game a newfound immersive feel!!

Thanks guys!

In the other thread i talked about the possibility to bring different variations of each panel type to the game - e.g. Sith design, republic design etc. to the various locations:

I made  some test variants of the standard Desk and Panel2 and as always are open for suggestions or changes:

wall panel Generic/Sith/Czerka:

Desk Generic/Sith:

i plan to do 7 variations each/21 in total, with 1 standard texture;  but i would need some help to get the other variants into the game. 

I LOVE the generic desk :)

And the rest is looking really cool too.

Good luck getting them into the game. I'd love to help but that's something I don't know anything about.

And btw, I edited my last post in the Manaan release thread with a small issue you might want to check out if you haven't seen it.

I tried some new kind of texture animations on Manaan, the latest one is basically a slowly moving transparent one -> the colors are determined by the cubemap and when you turn your head ingame, they change:

In contrary, same animation, but texture based, = shiny background, but no change of color:

another one with RETRO look:

and the old Manaan 2.0 version:

Tell me guys what do you want to see in the next update??

First one is amazing.
The only thing that may make it better, though I'm not entirely sure it would, is if you maybe added more squares to make it a little more busy.

First one is amazing.

The only thing that may make it better, though I'm not entirely sure it would, is if you maybe added more squares to make it a little more busy.

Ive tried that already - but i think its better to leave some empty spots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now  something special that took a while ... inspired from the ME Andromeda Trailer i tried a similar one to Manaan.

Its still WIP, so some polish is needed - ideas r always welcome -still its the most difficult and i think the best animation ive done so far:

P.S. couldnt resist to include the awful Western music from the trailer as well -

Sith Holocron, is that you singing by any chance ;) ?