VarsityPuppet

MOD:Holowan Duplisaber Beta

Holowan Duplisaber Beta

Making lightsabers is incredibly easy!

1. Go to the Workbench and select "Use Saber Console"

2. Choose "Create a hilt", choose a model and a color

3. The hilts are like a lightsaber crystal. Just equip it into the crystal spot and voila!

It comes with its own installer, but I assure you it's not malicious.

If you run into incorrect colors, simply switch out the crystal at a workbench and rebuild the lightsaber.

HOLOWAN DUPLISABER v.215b

Chainz.2da

Darth Deadman Evasto Inyri Forge OldFlash Qui-Don Jorn Quanon Seprithro Svosh T7Nowhere TriggerGod VarsityPuppet

This mod expands the current lightsaber selection to include 59 different hilts, 13 different colors and long-bladed lightsabers.

There are 59 total saber hilts to choose from, and they are available in 13 different colors, making for 767 possibilities.

Future versions will integrate the saber hilts into the game as prizes and earnable or collectible items.

Installation:

Just click "Install" and wait for the progress bar to finish. If the installer closes early, the installation was not successful.

Using the mod:

Once in game, go to any workbench and you should have the option to open up the Saber Console. From the Saber Console, you can choose any hilt and the color of that hilt. This will give you a "hilt" item that you can use at a workbench to create a lightsaber. Simply switch out the color crystal for the desired hilt and it will change your lightsaber. Due to the nature of the game engine, you can even change the type of the weapon based on the hilt you choose. Changing from short to long to single to double is as easy as switching out a hilt.

Disclaimer: This mod was built to be compatible with all mods (TSLRCM and M4-78 included). Any errors you encounter either come from a conflict caused by another mod or are a result of an installation error.

DO NOT MESS WITH THE FILE FOLDERS. DOING SO WILL RUIN THE INSTALLATION.

Credits:

This mod was made from saber mods for which I asked for permission to use or were already open for free use. Each lightsaber is marked in-game with its original designer in its description.

Thanks to:

Bioware - Documentation on GFF and 2da formats.

Designers -Chainz.2da Darth Deadman Evasto Inyri Forge OldFlash Qui-Don Jorn Quanon Seprithro Svosh T7Nowhere TriggerGod

Fair Strides - For integrating the mdlops replacer into my dev version of the project.

How do we get the new sabers in game, if I may?

Oh yeah... lol

1. Go to the workbench.

2. Select "Use Saber Console"

3. Choose "Create a hilt"

and the rest is self explanatory. Incredibly easy, although you need lightsaber crystals to make the hilts.

Interesting bug, if you have a blue saber crystal, you can make any of the new color variations. This will be fixed once I make the new saber crystal files.

I'll probably test this in my current game then!

However, here's something I have: how compatible would this be with Hassat Hunter's Handmaiden for Females/Disciple for males mod, which also modifies globalcat.2da?

I'll probably test this in my current game then!

However, here's something I have: how compatible would this be with Hassat Hunter's Handmaiden for Females/Disciple for males mod, which also modifies globalcat.2da?

Wholly and completely.

The nice thing about making your own installer is that you have more control over what it does. I can, for instance, check any 2da file and avoid making any duplicate entries, which overall won't affect playability, but it is much cleaner. This way, installing multiple times and/or several different iterations won't mess up your game.

Really the only conflicts would come from .mdl/.mdx utc/uti, dlg or scripts or tga's with the same name.

I'm going to roll out an update soon.

Updates include

• Patching holes left in the alpha
  • A "smart" installer that will delete old rows and avoid duplicates
  • Support for Short sabers
  • A Crystal supply Shop
  • Saber Console Tutorial
  • More sabers!
I already have added Double Saber hilts from HOTOR, and I'm adding in OldFlash's short saber hilt mod. Future prospects include, Darth Deadman's Saber Pikes, any Quanon hilts, any missing USM hilts up to and including movie and Expanded Universe hilts (let's face it, people love 'em)

With this next release will come probably the Official release. I've decided to go with the name "nxSaber Mod" mostly because it sounds cool, hopefully will get people's attention and is a math equation where n == a constant, x == number of colors and well. you get the idea.

I will be deciding a release date once I have a better idea of the work the updates entail. I should know by next Friday (May 3rd, I think)

This also gives me time to put together some promotional material (screenshots), add a few more sabers (and make a few more) and test for bugs.

Thanks for your answer VarsityPuppet.

It's a very good project and I follow news about it since 2013 when you announced a new saber mod to work with TSLRCM.

Just one question. I'm using the VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans 1.00 and I want to know if this alpha mod is compatible with it.

Yes, although the hi poly tin cans arent available in the new colors. You would still make those by putting normal saber crystals inside them

Wholly and completely.

The nice thing about making your own installer is that you have more control over what it does. I can, for instance, check any 2da file and avoid making any duplicate entries, which overall won't affect playability, but it is much cleaner. This way, installing multiple times and/or several different iterations won't mess up your game.

Really the only conflicts would come from .mdl/.mdx utc/uti, dlg or scripts or tga's with the same name.

Well, I'm glad to hear-it and will sure give this a spin, then!

However, now that my study week has ended, I've been given a lot of work this weekend by my job. Which means that while I woke-up today at 6:00, I have to work from 23:00 to 7:30 today, tomorrow and Sunday from 14:30 to 23:00. Which means I'm going to be an empty vessel by the end of the week-end and will not be able to do any testing whatsoever :P

Something happen in my playthrough.

English is not my native language but I'll try my best to explain this bug.

When I talked with Kreia to fight Visas the game didn't recognise the lightsaber hilt of this mod. So I had to use KSE to put three lightsabers in game. I'm also using the No Lightsaber Quest Mod.

Since the mod is in it's alpha stage I believe it's something that can be fixed.

Besides this minor thing, this mod is fantastic.

Something happen in my playthrough.

English is not my native language but I'll try my best to explain this bug.

When I talked with Kreia to fight Visas the game didn't recognise the lightsaber hilt of this mod. So I had to use KSE to put three lightsabers in game. I'm also using the No Lightsaber Quest Mod.

Since the mod is in it's alpha stage I believe it's something that can be fixed.

Besides this minor thing, this mod is fantastic.

Thank you for letting me know.  That was something I hadn't even considered. I'm pretty sure I can fix it... but I sort of wonder where other issues like this might come up now...

Hey VP, I had a bit of time to check this out. Now I don't know how I did this, but using the saber console for the first time, I saw a lot of color choices, for a hilt that I can't seem to remember. One of the color choices was "Charteuse". Oddly enough, I cannot seem to have all these choices anymore, and Charteuse and a few others do not show up anymore. Did I dream this up or what?

Hey VP, here's perhaps a derpy question. Where do I set the installer to install to?

Would it be C:/Program Files(x86)/LucasArts/KotOR2 as per usual?

Cause what i just did was uninstall TSLRCM 1.8.2, remove most of my Override folder (left Deadmans Robes in), installed TSLRCM 1.8.3, reinstalled Deadmans robe mods, installed Duplisaber to path I said above, and then tried to use KSE to get a saber crystal and noticed that NO icons were showing up, like at all, not even for medpacks or anything.

So...I'm reinstalling the entire game then RCM 1.8.3, then Duplisabers, then robe mods...sound good?

Oh and if I wanted to use my default replacement hilts, I'd be overwriting your Tin Cans correct?

Hey VP, here's perhaps a derpy question. Where do I set the installer to install to?

Would it be C:/Program Files(x86)/LucasArts/KotOR2 as per usual?

Yes sir! When you click "Install" it will ask you to choose a folder to install to. Choose the root Directory of your TSL Install. Where could I put it so it would be more noticeable? It's on the dialog when the Folder Select window pops up, but I want people to see it better.

Cause what i just did was uninstall TSLRCM 1.8.2, remove most of my Override folder (left Deadmans Robes in), installed TSLRCM 1.8.3, reinstalled Deadmans robe mods, installed Duplisaber to path I said above, and then tried to use KSE to get a saber crystal and noticed that NO icons were showing up, like at all, not even for medpacks or anything.

No icons showing up? Hmmm... dunno what that's about. There shouldn't be any saber crystals to KSE or Cheat Console into the game, because you can make them all from the Saber Console. Regardless, the absence of item icons is... hmm... send me your baseitems.2da from your override if the problem persists.

So...I'm reinstalling the entire game then RCM 1.8.3, then Duplisabers, then robe mods...sound good?

Install Duplisaber last. Unless you can think of a good reason to install the robe mods last.

Oh and if I wanted to use my default replacement hilts, I'd be overwriting your Tin Cans correct?

Actually, le Tin Cans are not in this mod, so you're not overwriting anything.

Wow, very cool VP. Very cool.

I'm digging it. You are making me want to come back to modding.

Wow, very cool VP. Very cool.

I'm digging it. You are making me want to come back to modding.

Well, I'm planning on making a "mod kit" for any saber designers (hint hint) who may want to make their own addition packs to Duplisaber.

It's still a work in progress, but I think it'll turn out alright.