XantharTheFlame

Help with Handmaiden at Telos Part II

Hi all,

New to this site / Forum, but long time KOTOR II player, and have been part of the Gamebanshee community for a few years....

I'm near the end of the game, at the point where I have control of the Handmaiden as she re-enters the Telos secret academy, and confronts her sisters. The game seems to indicate there are 2 ways to progress -- kill them all, or incapacitate them all (and that if you get them to low enough hit points they are automatically stunned).

Problem: I have had them all incapacitated multiple ways: stasis field with all of them frozen, sonic grenades / critical hits with stunning, etc. It never triggers the next scene in the script. And, they never get automatically stunned at low hit points (I've had 2 of them down to 1 hp each). Also, I have gone so far as to kill them all (even though that is the DS path) and then the game still does not continue.

I've seen other posts at Gamebanshee that this is a known bug, but I have played from multiple past saves and it never continues.

I should point out that I am using the TSL Restored Content Mod ver 1.6, which I thought included a fix for this bug anyway. I would have played TSLRCM ver 1.7 but I was well into the game when it came out.

Any help on getting the game to continue will be really, really appreciated!!

Thanks,

XantharTheFlame

Edited by XantharTheFlame

Things like that happens, especially when running an older version or having some other mods. Is it your case?

I have no idea. I have quite a few other mods installed, but all of them are on the TSLRCM compatibility list, or I manually verified that none of the files are touched by any other mod I have installed.

I really just want to know if there is something I can do with my current game to force it to continue. I really don't want to play through about 40 hours worth of game again by starting over!

Well, the manual part may be the problem, because a large part of what RCM modifies aint gonna be found in the override folder, but rather in the .mod files. If it can comfort you, I'd tell you same kind of block happenend to me days ago and I too had to start from scratch...

I had this same problem just a few minutes ago. I was able to get around it by deleting my override folder and reinstalling any mods I had, then I loaded from the auto-save it makes when the exile gets back to the Ebon Hawk and finds out Handmaiden is missing and it worked form there. The only thing I can think that I had that was causing the problem was a mod that changes the Handmaiden Sisters to be identical i got from VP's forum. There's a lot of .utc and an appearance.2da file.

Basically the sisters are supposed to go into an automatic stun animation when their health drops below like 75% I think. Just make sure you either get them all stunned or dead.

• Like 1

Excellent rycyyn! Thanks for the tip. I have the same mod installed for the handmaiden look too -- I'll try uninstalling that and see if it will work. I appreciate the help.

Sigh. Unfortunately nothing is ever that simple. Undoing that one mod just messed up my game entirely. The handmaidens were just gone from the game, and that scene was just skipped. It went to the scene where the exile confronts Atris, but it was the handmaiden not the exile (although the dialogue was as if I was the exile).... then it just didn't work. Looks like I'll have to start over.

Try this; delete all the files in your override folder, then reinstall whatever version of TSLRCM you have and then install any other mods you're using. Once that's done, if you have a save from the return to Dantooine load that up and go through all the scenes. It should work just fine from there as I've done this twice already at different spots as I've found other mods I wanted to try that have conflicted.

If you just delete the files from the override folder it will mess your game up as it may have modified or over written a file used by TSLRCM.

Ooh another Banshee! If that the nickname you go by on their forums I probably don't know you though. Mine should be pretty obvious. :)

Was able to fix same issue in my savefile by installing latest version of TSLRCM again.

I have like 30 mods now(with 2 extra planets, TSLRCM, M4-78). Seems like one of the mods screwed up, but overwriting TSLRCM on top of everything else seems to fix issue.

Also it fixed every handmaiden sister looking like darth kreya.